Shadows and Moonlight

edited January 2015 in Event Scrolls
[Arien arrives at Ethereal Mother Moonhart after breaking up a public argument on Prime]

Faint voices whisper to you from the distance, their words muffled by the thrumming power of the Mother Moonhart.

You give a pained sigh.

You say, "It is You, is it not?"

Arien turns her eyes to the South, and then briefly to the heavens, as if wavering between decisions.

[MOVEMENT TO BACKWARDS AVENUE]

You murmur, "You do never speak to me, and yet You always find ways to torment me in the Night. Where are You, Silent One, what purpose could You possibly have?"

A shriek seems to scream past heading from the south, and a chill runs through your body.

A leprechaun strolls in from the southeast.

@Mysrai leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

You blink.

HONORS MYSRAI

Mysrai, Beckoner Beyond the Maze (Elder God).
A strangely-echoing giggle resounds in your ears: briefly, you glimpse a whirling maelstrom of ivory..

You say, "Now I gain favour with the Lady Mysrai? How strange a weave this is.."

Arien emits a short sigh, her eyes fluttering as they course through the foliage to the south.

You scent at the air, your skilled nose picking up the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.

[MOVEMENT, EMPOWERING FAE]

The whispers grow louder and tendrils of shadow manifest in the air, beginning a slow dance around you.

You blink.

The tendrils of shadow wrap slowly around your arms like vines, gently pulling, urging you southwards.

A slight jingle of mail is the last sound as the knight walks northeast.

Arien shakes her head slowly, a brief cascade of ringlets brushing against her cheek. Her eyes flash with boughts of silver moonfire, her face's visage shifting uncertainly with a maiden's curiosity. "I...I can't. Why would You even ask this of me. I demand to know," she begins weakly, her voice growing louder as the shadows coil around her. She struggles in her own way, strength resonating in her forearms as she flexes against the grip.

Arien digs her sharp teeth against her lower lip, her heels digging inwards as she is dragged further south.

The shadows trail behind you like smoke before lazily wrapping around you once more. Soft voices whisper calmly, assuring you it is perfectly safe to venture further to the south.

The inferno bends and bows as a silver luminescence blossoms along the visible wildlife, giving light in opposition to the shadows. Moonlight manifests from above as sterling vines, opening a shimmering pathway to the north.

Arien ceases her writhing, shaking off the tendrils with now more astute shuffling. "My Lady," she cries aloud, her voice thundering through the dewy air as she struggles in steps forward and backward. Her eyes wide, she shuts them, clamping them closed as she blindly turns with a violent pivot and grabs the nearby trees to anchor her towards the light of the Moon.

You growl menacingly.

You yell, "You will not have me. We are stronger. For She is greater!"

[MOVEMENT TO BACKWARDS AVENUE]

The shadows trail after you, no longer gentle they seize hold. Slowly they take solid shape, coalescing into the form of @Nocht, the Silent, hand firmly grasping your wrist.

LOOK:
Backwards avenue.
Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. A few small snowflakes
drift lazily down from above. The trees here grow along a perfect avenue albeit slightly backwards.
The tops of the trees are embedded in the ground and the roots reach for the sky. Somehow the
circulation works as they seem to be perfectly healthy and several birds fly by, although upside
down also. Despite the visual warning, several signs have been placed along the road stating that
all travellers should stay on the path. A flowering archway rises up from the ground. A birch
sapling clings tenaciously to the ground here. Nocht, the Silent hovers here, His form enveloped in
a dark halo of writhing and twisting shadows.
You see exits leading southeast and southwest.

Nocht narrows His eyes at you in an unnerving manner.

You give a horrified gasp.

A glint of silver mail heralds the entry of a knight of Faethorn.

A whistling breeze winds its way south with the softest sound of bells marking its passing.

The coiling silver vines spin together and rise up from the ground. With a breath of air and the crackling of thunder, the Silver Goddess manifests, Her arms outstretched to Her Avatar.

Releasing His hold, Nocht, the Silent whispers, "How rude, dearest @Lisaera. I only wished to speak with the child."

Lisaera frowns, Her storm-black eyes roiling with moonfire.

Arien attempts to wrench away with a flick of her long, slender fingers as if she had been burned. But she cannot break free, as she falls mute, her eyes turn to Lisaera, ashamed.

An ancient depth in Her voice, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to Nocht, "You may speak to My children whenever you would like, Nocht. They will not turn away from Me for long."

Arien draws her hand close against the other, stepping aside the Silver Trinity. "You could simply ask, Lord Nocht, there is no need for bonds or tethers. As I walk in the grace of Her light, and Her own daughters," she intones, abashed as her voice quavers on the edge of something reminiscent of humiliation.

You tell Lisaera, the Silver Goddess My Lady...I did not know it would come to this. Forgive me for causing such trouble. I underestimated this.

LOOK NOCHT
He is a radiant immortal and alternately imposing and unassuming as He lingers within the shadows, bringing the fabric of darkness to life with His very presence. The stark ebony of His skin is unblemished and smooth, from the aristocratic contours of His face to the slender, musician's hands. Pointed ears stick out from hair of pitch black that cascades down and around His shoulders. Faint pinpricks of light dance within the flowing hair, surrounding it with an effervescent glimmer like starlight. The only colour in His stoic countenance, His eyes are a clear, ethereal blue, each pupil rimmed in a golden starburst which makes His silent, thoughtful gaze appear to pierce to the very soul. He is wearing an ethereal cloak of dark violet hues, a fractured gem suspended from a thin, metal chain, boots of shifting shadow and divine clothing spun from ebon cloth.

The timbre of a threat present in Her words, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to Nocht, "It is tempting to wish to hide in the forest that already rots. What work must be done to grow life there? What power is needed for tending to such a place? Mortals who have spent their lives fighting might seek out the embrace of their tah'vrais."

Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge, announcing a bright and shining new dawn.

A glint of silver mail heralds the entry of a knight of Faethorn.

Stepping closer, each footfall causing the Faethorn Realm to quake, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to Nocht, "But in the end, they will all return to Me. My children, the mortals You have corrupted - they will all find their cycles again, devoid of the rot of the Wyrd."

Nocht allows a slight frown to creep across His features, staring silently at the Silver Goddess.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "The Wyrd does not rot, dearest Lisaera. It thrives."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Nocht's lips.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "The former mate of Fain should not be so quick to decree what is and is not corrupted."

You say, "And where does it thrive now, without Your own beloved Childryn to tend it? What of Tacita, what of the warriors of the Predator? The Glomdoring asks my people for help, Lord."

Her tone venomously soft, you say, "And they sit upon the laurels of thorns, playing and biding time with allies that give them nothing but hatred and weakness."

The tendrils of shadow surrounding Nocht suddenly thrash about, twisting violently through the air as His face becomes impassive.

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "Your words are so strong from behind Her skirt, little one."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "What interesting conversations We'd have if you had such conviction when I catch you alone..."

Dismissively, the Crone's storm-black eyes narrowed, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "You would not stand before Me if I had not intervened when I did, Nocht. The Traitor's elixir would have destroyed us all, and You know it."

With a slight frown, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "And truly, I would have expected a greater insult from You, dear Cousin. You spent so much time hiding from Nemach, and forced Viravain to fight in Your stead."

With a shrug, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "All of that waiting must have given You ample time to develop new material."

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his shining golden rays.

Gesturing to the south, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Now, be away from this place. You no longer hold our attention."

Holding out Her hand, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to you, "Come, My Spirit."

Nocht, the Silent whispers, "My my... the Silver Goddess has a silver tongue."

A leprechaun strolls in from the southeast.

Nocht nods politely a slight grin on His face before dispersing into tendrils of shadow.

A leprechaun strolls off to the southeast.

Arien steps backwards, her gaze lingering emptily on the place where Nocht had stood only to grasp Lisaera’s hand. Breathlessly, she bows her head with sudden severity.

Lisaera looks the place where Nocht stood over Her shoulder, Her storm-black eyes sweeping the area.

You murmur, "My heart cried out for You. I could have stood against him, if I were stronger."

With a mother's gentleness, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to you, "Be calm, child, and be kind to yourself. The shadows cradle the world just as readily as My Daughter's light."
The strong breeze blows harder still, reaching gale force strength.

Arien nods, her face expressing the reassurance accepted.

Softly, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to you, "They are not the enemy. Mother Night, twisted though she might be, will be healed, someday. It is the temptations of My Cousins that may never be trusted."

You say, "If only things were different between the Night and Moon, I would see peace between them, and us all. Such strength we would have, if the Wyrd were no more."

With a sad smile, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says to you, "As it was before."

An ethereal wind wreathed with cold moonfire blazes in from the southwest, revealing @Avurekhos amid the pale flames.

Avurekhos ponders for a moment and says "Hrm..."

Avurekhos humbly drops one knee to the ground before Lisaera, genuflecting reverently in Her presence.

Her eyes shimmering in comprehension, you say, "As it was before, my Lady. But, with this Nemach, now we must repair the Seals. Time is of the essence."

You nod your head at Avurekhos.

Lisaera reaches out to tenderly cup Avurekhos's cheek in Her hand.

Lisaera nods Her head at you.

Avurekhos puts his fingers in his mouth and lets out a high-pitched whistle.

Lifting Her gaze to the sky, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Yes. The time approaches when one of you will make the seals whole again.
"
Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.

Arien lifts Lisaera’s hand to her lips, brushing them lightly in an affectionate kiss before withdrawing with respect.

A handsome, amber stag with ecru wings trots in with head high, butting Avurekhos gently with his head.

A handsome, amber stag with ecru wings begins to follow Avurekhos obediently.

Lowering Her gaze, a smile on Her lips, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "I have every faith in your abilities, My children. The Silver Weald will grow with power when you rise as champions of the Basin."

Lisaera leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

Lisaera leans close to Avurekhos and gently lays a kiss upon his forehead.

Arien offers a gentle smile, her eyes reflecting the same light. "We will do our best, my Lady," she remarks, her voice bright.

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "The Forest has not seen such a time for many great cycles, but I know in my Heart it can be done, my Lady."

Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "I will leave you to your thoughts, My children."

Avurekhos smiles softly.

You humbly drop one knee to the ground before Lisaera, genuflecting reverently in Her presence.

Lisaera cups Her hands, and a silvery liquid light fills them. As She slowly draws Her hands apart, the light flows into the shape of a silver chalice swirled with emerald streaks, which then blazes and fades.

You cup your hands before you, and a silvery liquid light fills them. As you slowly draw your hands apart, the light flows into the shape of a silver chalice swirled with emerald streaks, which then blazes and fades.

Avurekhos cups his hands, and a silvery liquid light fills them. As he slowly draws his hands apart, the light flows into the shape of a silver chalice swirled with emerald streaks, which then blazes and fades.

The silhouette of the Silver Goddess ignites with shimmering moonfire, Her presence wholly consumed by the cold blaze that winks out of existence like motes of burning starlight.

You mutter, "I mus. ..eak t. ...hadean."

Avurekhos nods his head affirmatively at you.

Arien turns to Avurekhos. "Nocht almost had me, this time," she murmurs.

The room darkens slightly as the glowing mail of an Honour Guard leaves to the southeast.

Avurekhos frowns at you.

You say, "He is a plague upon our blood."

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "Such weakness is unbefitting of my daughter, I am gladdened you overcome the Silent."

You say, "The shadows, they wrapped about me, dragging me on. He almost took me by force."

You say, "I will be prepared, next time."

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "What remains of his order would know suffering should he have dragged you further."

You whisper, "He shackled my wrist."

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "With respect to the Elder."
Arien fidgets about the offending skin, rubbing it.

Shadows grow longer in anticipation for the return of their dark mistress as Father Sun's chase brings him closer to the world's edge.

Arien walks towards her father, and wraps him in an embrace that seems more for him than herself.
Avurekhos blinks.

Avurekhos furrows his brow in thought.

Avurekhos leans close to you and gently lays a kiss upon your forehead.

The beastly snarls of jaguars and wolverines echo like fanfare, preceding the entrance of @Kregarn from the southwest.

Kregarn steps into a flowering archway and disappears.

You say to Avurekhos, in Elfen, "I grew too curious Da, I'm sorry."

Avurekhos shakes his head.

You say to Avurekhos, in Elfen, "I thought I could stand it alone, and how wrong I was."

You mumble, in Elfen, "W. ..oul. .. home."

Avurekhos nods his head affirmatively.

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "Aye, that we should."

Arien obviously shaken by the hitch in  her gait, she falls in line behind her father.

You begin to keep pace with Avurekhos.

Avurekhos Yfae'dren reaches over to grab your hand, squeezing softly before heading back into the archway.

You follow Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter to amid flowering green.

Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
-
A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
-
I write things

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Tired of these 'in which' titles....originality p10x
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Actually I wanted to see what Nocht was up to. 
    ;;)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited January 2015
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Hmm, this is good to know.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: