Simple Ideas

Comments

• And then people icewall further out, leaving one room where the person can't be locked into enemy territory when the peace ends. You need to stop and think before you type.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Svana said:
    And then people icewall further out, leaving one room where the person can't be locked into enemy territory when the peace ends. You need to stop and think before you type.
    I thought about it. If they really want to grief someone, they can declare away too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • And then the person is protected by Avenger for a while, and thus the system works. :/
  • Firmware patches to HomOS have, historically, been incredibly slow to implement.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Why else would you wall the village unless you wanted to indeed do what you're being accused of?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Shaddus said:
    Why else would you wall the village unless you wanted to indeed do what you're being accused of?
    Just because they thought it was a good idea doesn't mean they can get away with it.  In the end no one died.. this time.
    </RANT>
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I dunno, I am fine with going down this road if people insist.
  • edited January 2015
    Shuyin said:
    Serenwilde aren't good enough griefers to want to go down this road.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Akyaevin said:
    Shuyin said:
    Serenwilde aren't good enough griefers to want to go down this road.
    ... but... we didn't say the mean things or put up the icewalls, from what I heard. In fact, from what I heard, all we did was put up the guards...
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    And were confused/annoyed by them suddenly wandering off, tbh. I was probably already calling for help to gather them back so that @Jaamil‌ could set them properly.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I don't understand why you would wall the village.  Any experienced player knows how to get out in multiple ways, so it's not a problem.  The only people it will impact are those who are less experienced, and you want them to leave.  In fact, that's why you usually yell "Everybody out!" (or some variation thereof) after you win.

/confused also.
  • Svana said:
    Another idea, keep peaced revolts as peaced until post-revolt grace wears off.

Certain northerners tried to wall one of our younger citizens into a freshly-formed guard stack immediately after the Estelbar revolt.
    I am extremely insulted and angry at how low treatment has gotten of late.
  • So, uh, the artifact spatula doubles purity dust, and while I can't confirm gloves of mastery double restorative ice and lucidity slush, I know artifact kegs do. Is there any way at all we could make gloves of harvesting double soothing steam so it's in line with the other new cures?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Altrea said:
    So, uh, the artifact spatula doubles purity dust, and while I can't confirm gloves of mastery double restorative ice and lucidity slush, I know artifact kegs do. Is there any way at all we could make gloves of harvesting double soothing steam so it's in line with the other new cures?
    That, as well as allowing herbalists to make multiple soothing steam at once.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Altrea said:
    So, uh, the artifact spatula doubles purity dust, and while I can't confirm gloves of mastery double restorative ice and lucidity slush, I know artifact kegs do. Is there any way at all we could make gloves of harvesting double soothing steam so it's in line with the other new cures?
    There's really no good reason gloves of mastery would double restorative ice and lucidity slush, since all they do is halve the power consumption for enchanters and alchemists. But yes, kegs increase it (only the top keg rune doubles though). I certainly wouldn't be opposed to gloves of harvesting doubling the steam output, but at the same time, I'm not sure it's exactly needed (after all, each piece of steam will already cure you at least ten times, up to 30 times). A definite yes to making more than one at a time though!
  • Would it be possible to add a line to honours that contains what tradeskill a person has, with an option for players to decide if they want this info displayed on their honours or not? It's fine to just have it as their active skill, though for cord holders and such perhaps multiple actives and dormants would be nice too. I think it would help to find people of a certain trade when you need them.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I'd much prefer a TRADES <trade> command that lists people online with that trade active.
  • Ssaliss said:
    I'd much prefer a TRADES <trade> command that lists people online with that trade active.
    Much better suggestion, this please.

Also boo on the disagree for a not so perfect idea :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    As long as being on it is optional for those of us who don't use our trades for other people unless we know and like them.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited January 2015
    Still would be more used than rpwho
    Not sure why RPWHO isn't used more. If I were a god hanging around looking to do some mob interactions or something, I'd check RPWHO first.
  • Enyalida said:
    Not sure why RPWHO isn't used more. If I were a god hanging around looking to do some mob interactions or something, I'd check RPWHO first.
    Frankly I saw it ending in failure from the start. It was just a group of players saying "this would be new and shiny!" then when it comes out, no one cares to use it.

Should have first looked at the playerbase itself and see how active RPing was...which is frankly not that high, before placing a listing option for it.
    Arcanis said:
    Enyalida said:
    Frankly I saw it ending in failure from the start. It was just a group of players saying "this would be new and shiny!" then when it comes out, no one cares to use it.

Should have first looked at the playerbase itself and see how active RPing was...which is frankly not that high, before placing a listing option for it.
    I doubt a simple toggle and a who that filters based on the toggle in question took a lot of effort to work in anyway. Probably would have taken more to sound out the playerbase of its usefulness.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I poked a guide to add a blurb about it into newbie tips, to help get word out that it exists and what it's useful for. The majority of the playerbase not knowing it exists might be part of things!
  • "Your Masochistic tendencies go into remission."

Masochist tendencies (via config option) seems to be having another unexpected avenue of use to it, functioning as an alarm for players. If someone has attempted any form of aggressive action on a player, they would know simply because they would get the masochist line flaring. This works for -any- form of action, including actions that are suppose to be subtle.

For example, a mage/druid will immediately know when his meld, no matter which plane it resides on, is being broken simply because the Masochist tendencies line would flare up the moment an enemy mage begins to break the meld.

If someone attempts a ranged action but is unable to strike the individual, let's say because of shield, that individual would know simply because of masochist tendencies.

Could we simply keep masochist configuration as is but remove the alarm line of when masochist tendencies go into remission or return?

Arcanis said:
    "Your Masochistic tendencies go into remission."

Masochist tendencies (via config option) seems to be having another unexpected avenue of use to it, functioning as an alarm for players. If someone has attempted any form of aggressive action on a player, they would know simply because they would get the masochist line flaring. This works for -any- form of action, including actions that are suppose to be subtle.

For example, a mage/druid will immediately know when his meld, no matter which plane it resides on, is being broken simply because the Masochist tendencies line would flare up the moment an enemy mage begins to break the meld.

If someone attempts a ranged action but is unable to strike the individual, let's say because of shield, that individual would know simply because of masochist tendencies.

Could we simply keep masochist configuration as is but remove the alarm line of when masochist tendencies go into remission or return?
    I personally don't see an issue with this situation. Next thing you'll expect the demesne center message to not change when the demesne center is broken if the demesne owner is not on the same plane... or that the message "You have no demesne" not show up when the demesne owner's meld is fully broken, but insist that the demesne owner still has a meld. In fact I find it curious that there isn't an alert for when a meld room has been broken at all... be it when inside the meld or outside of it.

• Yeah, let's keep masochism the way it is.
  • Masochist tendencies seem to go into remission even for abilities meant to be subtle, like Stalk.
  • Then perhaps Stalk etc. simply shouldn't make masochism go into remission. Personally, though, I'd rather know when I lose my masochism.