Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tridemon said:
    Is any progress being made on being able to fuse the obsidian runestones in a demesne?
    I thought those were intentionally not useable in that fashion (As well as the endless motes)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Tridemon said:
    Is any progress being made on being able to fuse the obsidian runestones in a demesne?
    I thought those were intentionally not useable in that fashion (As well as the endless motes)
    Fusing and embedding were disabled for mechanical issues- their help files say that they cannot currently be fused and embedded, which to me says that they plan to change that sometime.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.

Tridemon said:
    Fusing and embedding were disabled for mechanical issues- their help files say that they cannot currently be fused and embedded, which to me says that they plan to change that sometime.
    Pretty sure the issue relates to the replicas used in that you can also defuse a rune from a location. So say I have an obsidian rad fused at a location... how does the code tell if I used an arti rad or a regular one so that it knows whether to create a replica of a rad rune when I go defuse or not? That's probably what's slowing things down... and chances are it isn't an easy fix.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Little late to the party, but yeah, read that Serenwilde post and laughed my butt off at the unsurprising audacity and hubris of it.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everiine said:
    Little late to the party, but yeah, read that Serenwilde post and laughed my butt off at the unsurprising audacity and hubris of it.
    If you're referring to the one Arien recently posted it was amended - Seeing as this is my first ascension, I might as well allow myself to learn from the experts. Trying to unite a group of hermits is a really hard sell, and often does get laughed at, but oh well!
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm kind of curious as to how Serenwilde will support someone in the Seal of Beauty :)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lavinya said:
    She has other pretty strong roleplay reasons for people to consider her unsuitable....I wish more people paid attention to roleplay reasons when elections crop up though, for reasons such as this -

A smoky lilting voice whispers by your ear, "I will be displeased if I have to tear a new Warlady's soul for blasphemy against the Legion."

So. This will be pretty...interesting.
    Technically, if you  consider it, Morgpie was becoming slightly unstable even during the Elder Wars, and it seemed like only Fain was keeping him in check.  If I was a God, I wouldnt want to be 40 meters near his location.
  • The corners toggle the central position. This means it goes in the transformation matrix, not an additional 300 pages of a book! Hokey J. Cripes! Just use the xform matrix.  A human-being armed with nothing more than pen & paper can solve this stuff in almost no time with an accurate description of the algorithm, not the brute-force table.  Seriously: what you want is better delivered as a single scroll, not a multi-volume library.  Think more ``Symbolic'' and less ``Concrete''.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/james_flynn_why_our_iq_levels_are_higher_than_our_grandparents
    </RANT>
  • edited January 2015
    I'm just sitting in my manse, considering any of several rituals one might perform to summon the ever-elusive Elemental Enchanter. I swear I'm not picking my nose or staring blankly into space or beating some poor scribe to death. Just sitting there peacefully.

AND THEN EVERYONE STARTS DYING

I would go and try to help, but I keep telling myself I'll avoid getting back into combat at all costs. It's too expensive, it's too stressful, and this overhaul stuff just gives me a headache. So I go back to pondering shopkeeping things...

AND THEN EVERYONE DIES AGAIN

...nope. Hiding forever. It's safe in here. :(
    Svana said:
    I'm just sitting in my manse, considering any of several rituals one might perform to summon the ever-elusive Elemental Enchanter. I swear I'm not picking my nose or staring blankly into space or beating some poor scribe to death. Just sitting there peacefully.

I would go and try to help, but I keep telling myself I'll avoid getting back into combat at all costs. It's too expensive, it's too stressful, and this overhaul stuff just gives me a headache. So I go back to pondering shopkeeping things...

...nope. Hiding forever. It's safe in here. :(
    You swell in pride as you choose to become a student of Spellcraft.

But then again, Svana is a naughty Halli-enemy. :P

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Arcanis said:
    Incoming rages on facebook page because those individuals have nothing better to do apparently.
    Posts on the Facebook page as of 9:18 PM CST about the election: None.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MY wife didn't like it when I rolled over the couch laughing at:
    Svana said:

So you can be sure she hated it when I rolled over laughing at:
    Svana said:
    </RANT>
  • @Svana: Btw, you missed a third

AND EVERYONE STILL KEEPS DIING AGAIN
    </RANT>
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited January 2015
    Playing around with max health and the like while domothing with @Shaddus and @Akyaevin:

+ Lullabied Requiem Tremula n'Lochli, the Tiniest Nightingale ------------+
    | Sex    : Female                    Birthday  : 22nd Dioni 279           |
    | Race   : Demigoddess               Age       : 102                      |
    | Mentor : Nobody                    Mentorship: Able to mentor           |
    +----------------------------------------------------------------- Vitals +
    | Health : 10789/10501   Endurance : 32400/32400     Power    : 10p       |
    | Mana   : 6927/6889     Willpower : 23400/23400     Reserves : 118%      |
    | Ego    : 9649/9649     Mindset   : Analytical      Esteem   : 6         |
    +------------------------------------------------------------------ Karma +

First time over 10,000!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Lerad said:
    Coming back from a 2 week holiday and seeing 300 new posts...

> Click mark all as read.
    That's kind of how I felt getting into a combat situation for the first time in... a while. Whoosh, all went over my head.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited January 2015
    To be fair Marcella gets railed for being blasphemous, but here I am declaring all Divine false divine and myself as the One True Goddess IG in multiple ways and noone bats an eye. 

Just general people prejudice happening all over again to a different person this time. 

Mostly the reason you all disgust me as human beings. 
  • As Nick Jonas sings me to sleep.... It's different with you and Marcella... For better or worse she hasn't reached that level of infamous...I can do something and it's just me being a suicidal drug addict(I've been to rehab people) .... You can do something and it's mooooo.... Shuyin can do something and it's just him having sand in his mangina...she isn't at that level (love Marcella IG) where her reputation makes random crap okay
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    No one takes any of the stuff Munsia sprouts seriously, is why no one really bats an eye at her.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Piecemeal balancing and changes, bluh. I'm so hopeful that after the entire overhaul is through, we'll get a series of special reports for each archetype to clean up the massive changes all at once.
  • I want to make Nyla a fink but I think Mu and Ari will be mad for some reason
  • Annick said:
    I want to make Nyla a fink but I think Mu and Ari will be mad for some reason
    should go gnome and pilot our dang ship >.>
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• Nyla's a monk... I can't go gnome
  • Annick said:
    Nyla's a monk... I can't go gnome
    Lies!

STATISTICS:
    Strength    : 10     Dexterity   : 17     Constitution: 11
    Intelligence: 19     Charisma    : 12     Size        : 4

It's possible!
  • I fucking hate Midnight Keep and its atrocious layout.
  • To the person I talked to today who was down... No matter what happens remember you are what? Sickening...if you fall you stand up and make those snitches eat it
  • Marcella said:
    I fucking hate Midnight Keep and its atrocious layout.
    Your CL now, get designing and fix it ;)

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Marcella said:
    I fucking hate Midnight Keep and its atrocious layout.
    It looks like you got the job now, bosslady.  I guess you better get on that.
    </RANT>
This discussion has been closed.