Adasser's great adventures volume one

I asked Adasser, the local guard at the Moonhart Mother for a story of one of his adventures while he was being possessed and got way more than I expected.

Blinking, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "Uhhh, yes! Of course!" Finally, as if he gathered up a 
sudden wash of courage, the elfen nods enthusiastically. "Well, there was that one time that I 
helped the great and legendary Gwylifar save the Oleanvir adders. Have you heard that story?"
You say, "I have not!"

Eleynth sits herself down.

You have emoted: Kazel settles down too and tilts her head.

Adasser, an elfen guard nods his head emphatically.

Andral beams broadly at Adasser, an elfen guard.

Taking a dramatic pause, Adasser, an elfen guard begins in a hushed, low voice. "Long ago, centuries 
to be sure, one of the most well-known Chiefs of the Serenguard, Gwylifar llyrFarathan, hypothesized 
the possibility of a venom, a poison."

Andral puts his chin in his hands and listens, enraptured by Adasser's story.

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "He sought for the venom known as anatine today. He, if I remember 
correct, attempted numerous breeding experiments. I helped him - finding various snakes whenever I 
went on my patrols. I even ventured other places too! Fighting frightening beasts and other 
creatures."

Enyalida lifts her eyebrow slightly, curious.

Utterly entranced, you emit a long "Ooooh."

Enyalida Zayah asks, "He, who?"

You say, "Gwylifar llyrFarathan."

Druid Andral, Aspirant of the White Fawn says to Enyalida, "We're hearing about Adasser's 
adventures!"

Returning to his story, Adasser, an elfen guard explains, "He eventually sought out the aid of 
Abeytu, you know - the keeper of the greenhouse?" Enthralled by your attention, the guard keeps 
going, "Abeytu explained he saw a curious thing. An adder!"

Nodding at everyone's response to Enyalida's question, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "This is one of 
my earliest adventures. When I was but a wee Seren Brave."

Avurekhos purses his lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as he carefully gathers his 
thoughts.

Adasser, an elfen guard plants his palm against his chest with a hearthy *thump*.

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "I remember when I was a wee Seren Brave, memories,
 good times."

Adasser, an elfen guard beams broadly at Avurekhos.

Avurekhos's eyes sparkle with amusement at Adasser, an elfen guard.

Druid Andral, Aspirant of the White Fawn asks Adasser, an elfen guard, "Were adders rare?"

Nodding, Enyalida Zayah says, "I've read about this."

Adasser, an elfen guard nods his head at Andral.

Enyalida Zayah says, "They're largely extinct, in fact."

Adasser, an elfen guard exclaims, "Aye, at that time, it was believed that the adders were extinct! 
Extinct!"

Acknowledging Enyalida's point to be true, Adasser, an elfen guard nods his head gravely at her.

Andral gives a horrified gasp.

Arien's eyes sparkle with amusement at Adasser, an elfen guard.

You tilt your head and listen intently to Adasser, an elfen guard.

Explaining, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "History suggested that they adders were hunted for their 
venom in some long forgotten war." Making a face, Adasser squints. "I believe it would be the Nature 
Wars. I mean, that makes sense, doesn't it? Now, we didn't hunt them to extinction mind, but we 
didn't particularly help the adders."

You nod your head at Adasser, an elfen guard.

Wryly, Enyalida Zayah says, "Clearly, the warriors of old had poor taste in poisons."

Andral nods his head at Adasser, an elfen guard.

Nodding his head, Adasser, an elfen guard returns to his place in his story. "Yes, anyway, Gwylifar 
and I searched long and hard for this adder. Long and hard. Day in and night out! So much searching, 
our eyes bleed with strain!" Here, the elfen's tone increases, as if pointing to some dramatic point.
 "But then we found it." The drama is anti-climatic.

Arien nods her head sagely.

You ask, "What happened then?"

Annoyed, Druid Andral, Aspirant of the White Fawn says, "Everyone, hush! Adasser is telling a 
story!" Returning his attention to the guard, he says, "Where did you find it?"

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "It had slithered its way out of the forest, and we tracked it all the 
way to Oleanvir and that old cemetery there."

Waving his arms in mock imitation, Adasser, an elfen guard exclaims, "The great rocs had been 
hunting them, swallowing up those poor snakes whole!"

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "The rocs kept pushing those poor snakes further and further away from 
their natural environment." Nodding, the elfen adds, "That is why we found one in the forest - it 
got pushed out. They kept going and going, even into that bloody place called New Celest.""

Andral grips his knees, the suspense causing him to tremble.

Comprehension flashes across your face.

Adasser, an elfen guard frowns. "They were unable to survive. Salty air and rats. Who would have 
guessed?"

With sudden excitement, Adasser, an elfen guard exclaims, "Buuuuuuuuuut!"

The corners of Arien's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

With a slight raise of the eyebrows, you perk up your ears and turn your attention towards Adasser, 
an elfen guard.

Adasser, an elfen guard glances about, watching everyone's faces. With a grin, he says, "But, those 
New Celestians, they did an almost miraculous thing! They were able to revive the baby adders with 
some sort of healing magic. Brought them right back from the dead, they did! As eggs even!"

Utterly entranced, you emit a long "Ooooh."

"Oooooooooh!" Andral says, eyes wide with wonder.

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "Gwylifar and I." Here, Adasser makes an effort to emphasize the two 
names together. "Gwylifar and I, we knew that the forest was not the best place for them, though. I 
mean, truly? Where would they have stayed? In some nest in the arboretum?" The guard shakes his head.
 "No, no. The stags would trample on the eggs. Plus, old Abeytu isn't the best with animals."

Hierophant Arien Siar'luin, Chalice of Winter says, "He isn't best with people either."

Andral giggles happily.

Adasser, an elfen guard grins mischievously at Arien.

You nod your head at Arien, showing your acceptance.

Arien clears her throat in an attempt to gain everyone's attention.

Returning to his hushed voice, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "So Gwylifar and I contacted those of 
that dreaded city to the east. To Magnagora. They have this thing there: a zoo. Have you ever heard 
of such a thing?"

Adasser, an elfen guard looks to you all as if expecting an answer.

A wry smile spreads across Avurekhos's face.

Arien nods her head emphatically.

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "I've seen their zoo, yes."

Andral obviously doesn't know the word.

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "Foul place."

Enyalida nods her head at Avurekhos.

Gesturing at Avurekhos, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "Then tell the crowd, Heir. What is this thing 
called a 'zoo'?"

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "Like a kennel for dogs...but it houses various 
animals of the basin for the populace to look at."

Avurekhos stares blankly into space.

Adasser, an elfen guard offers a sad nod.

Arien nods her head emphatically.

Andral winces in pain.

Druid Andral, Aspirant of the White Fawn exclaims, "How horrible!"

Agreeing with Andral, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "It is horrible." With a shake of his head, the 
guard continues, "Horrible, but necessary. Or at least, for that moment. This 'zoo' had the 
necessary conditions to imitate the natural environment of the Oleanvir."

You rub your chin thoughtfully, raise your eyebrow and say, "I see..."

As if digressing, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "And when Gwylifar and I plotted, their Warlord at 
the time, he even approached the forest. But he was insulted for some reason. Insulted real bad - 
but I can't recall why. I think he took offense to our detestment of his 'zoo.' Though we needed it, 
we still felt that nature should not be caged. You know?"

A centaur hunter taps his forehead with his spear as Eleynth leaves.

Arien twitches faintly, her ears flickering against the tendrils of her wilde, fading auburn.

Andral nods his head at Adasser, an elfen guard.

Adasser, an elfen guard waves his hand dismissively. "But things were all the better once Gwylifar 
wrote him a letter. It was very long. Very, very, very long." Adasser elongates the word 'long,' as 
if to make clear even in pronunciation that the letter was a massive missive. "And just like that, 
the Warlord agreed. He agreed to take them in the zoo! It was a success!" The elfen smiles. "I stood 
guard there, watching the eggs. It was the only time I left my post at the Moonhart. Former Chief 
Gwylifar tasked me to stand there."

Druid Andral, Aspirant of the White Fawn exclaims to Adasser, an elfen guard, "How brave!"

Arien smiles softly.

You say to Adasser, an elfen guard, "You stood guard in the tainted city?"

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "I had to fight off a drunk or two, even got in a good lick at one of 
their massive knights. He was gruntin' and groanin' about the eggs."

Adasser, an elfen guard nods his head at you.

You whistle appreciatively.

The corners of Avurekhos's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

With great joy, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "And then they hatched! And Gwylifar and I shephered 
them back to Serenwilde, just to make sure that none of that Tainted nonsense afflicted them." But 
just as quickly as the joy and warmth came to Adasser, it goes away - falling into a sudden 
somberness. "Unfortunately, those adders were poorly cared for. Someone was supposed to be watching 
them, but they didn't."

As if to the guards present, Adasser, an elfen guard says, "And this is why we make sure we follow 
orders on our guard duties."

You say, "Poor things..."

Adasser, an elfen guard nods in agreement with Kazel.

Andral pops back up, hoping he didn't miss anything.

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "It was suggested we try again. And this time..." The guard smiles. 
"This time, it was a success. The adders were well-cared for and were strong enough to be taken back 
to Oleanvir."

Adasser, an elfen guard hums a happy tune.

Arien smiles softly.

You shout out a happy "Yay!"

"Yay!", Andral shouts happily at Adasser, an elfen guard.

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "So that, my friends, is one of my great stories."

Avurekhos smiles softly.

You applaud Adasser, an elfen guard heartily.

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "Thank you for sharing, Adasser."

You say to Adasser, an elfen guard, "Thank you for sharing it."

Andral gives Adasser, an elfen guard a wild cheer!

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Arien's lips.

Andral stands up and stretches his arms out wide.

Adasser, an elfen guard says, "While it might not have been the time I duelled a Paladin, or fought 
off a tendril of Kethuru's damned-self, it was truly one of the best stories of my life."

Adasser, an elfen guard nods his head emphatically.

Druid Andral, Aspirant of the White Fawn exclaims to Adasser, an elfen guard, "You are an elfen of 
wonders, Adasser!"

Adasser, an elfen guard blushes furiously.

You flash Adasser, an elfen guard a joyous smile.

Hierophant Arien Siar'luin, Chalice of Winter says, "It was a joy to hear some of the story 
concerning the zoo and the adders. Perhaps you shall tell another sometime?"

Heir Avurekhos Yfae'dren, Tempest of Winter says, "A tendril of Kethuru's damned-self? Oh my..."

Adoringly, Druid Andral, Aspirant of the White Fawn says to Adasser, an elfen guard, "I hope to hear 
more stories of your adventures in the future!"

You say, "I smell more stories for other times!"

With a grin from ear to ear, Adasser, an elfen guard exclaims, "Of course, Hierophant. Perhaps at 
Princess Dakhamunzu's moon-watching celebration!"

Arien beams broadly.

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Blargh, I was just asking about this quest! But the step between adder corpse and egg remains unclear! Silly vague Celest healing magic.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Put corpse in Pool;pick up egg
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • O.o

Well, my celebration-thing might turn out to be a bit more interesting than I thought it would be.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Oh man, if Ev hears about this, he'll either think Adasser is lying, or he might finally show some respect.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Everiine IC me really wished you would have been there
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Me too! Although, I hate playing a jerk, and Ev would've been in full on jerk-mode.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.