m&m updates

Comments

• Enyalida said:
    Oh, I found the bug. I think it's not catching lines where a Wildewood reactive strikes, or some other passive happens on the same prompt. This results in things like sitting and clotting six times before even trying to writhe an entangle.

Because really, if the problem with it not curing sap to any real degree was just that it wasn't expertly tuned by the user, that's a pretty big problem.

As mentioned need to see the priorities, there are a few cases where m&m could've done something differently - but as that is all configurable by you, I can't say anything.

However, to help with this, in the next update the little (a) will be clickable. Clicking on it will tell you what m&m was thinking of on that line, ie:

[18:41:54.820]: Feasible actions we're currently considering doing: shackled_misc, scalped_purgative, scabies_salve

This'll help you in figuring out what is happening.
  • 15.1.1 update

This super-important update adds support for curing aeon, paralysis and healthleech using the new Overhaul system, less than 24 hours after it has been made available in-game.

After updating, make sure to do mmupdate prios to raise the aeon priority up to highest - or if you customise your priorities, raise aeon to highest in the slowcuring and steam balances.

Wafer & paralysis

Wafer curing has been added and paralysis is the first affliction to work off it. Wafers are also now available for precache - see mmsetup pc.

Aeon, healthleech

Aeon and healthleech join the group of new Overhaul afflictions - see mmshow overhaul for the current list.

Priorities in aeon/sap curing

To help you work out what your priorities were after an aeon/sap/etc fight, m&m will now make the (a) that comes before the prompt clickable. Upon clicking on it, m&m wil show you what actions, that it could do (so actions it couldn't aren't listed) were at that time, in the order of your priorities. This should help you track down what went wrong, if anything did.

Changelog:

• added paralysis wafer curing
    • added wafer balance
    • added wafers to precache
    • made (a) be clickable in aeon/sap/etc curing, showing you the priority(s) m&m is considering at the time.
    • updated default prios for aeon on the new balance
    • updated healthleech and aeon to work off steam balance
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Thank youuuuuu!
    Can the m&m priorities for slow curing get updated to account for the new afflictions? Currently I think they get shoved to the bottom each time you update, and for the majority of users who don't know how to tweak their priorities (let alone in a logical order) this becomes a big problem, especially now when aeon is at the very bottom of the slowcuring priority list.
  • Vadi said:

After updating, make sure to do mmupdate prios to raise the aeon priority up to highest - or if you customise your priorities, raise aeon to highest in the slowcuring and steam balances.

@Kelly
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    after doing mmupdate prios, I fiddled around with it. This is how I've got it now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1e3k8tvbo00495q/aeon curing.html?dl=0

and my prios list at the new "top" apparently looks like this:

^^ vv (1296) slickness (physical)
      ^^ vv (1295) cleanse (physical)
      ^^ vv (1294) asthma (salve)
      ^^ vv (1292) aeon (steam)
      ^^ vv (1291) aeon (purgative)
      ^^ vv (1290) aeon (herb)
      ^^ vv (1289) sap (physical)

As a general quality of life announcement, all of you m&m users can just do MMSHOW and click the slowcuring priorities and adjust at your whimsy! The above is what I tentatively recommend though.

EDIT: Not sure why it tried to cure paranoia in the middle of that though. Not at all sure.

Okay, the mmupdate prios fixes the aeon, though the other new cure affs are still near the bottom. Also I'm not sure why there are defenses in the curing list... is it ever desirable to try to raise a defense while under aeon? Also would be nice to get rid of the -phobia affs and others that have been removed from the game from the prio list.

I imagine that this prio list would need to change as we move along the overhaul (especially when sap kicks the can), so really I wasn't sure if @Vadi's just waiting for things to shake out, in which case I'll start to tweak them myself.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It is sometimes a good idea to raise a defense during sap, which shares the same curing prios.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think defenses and the like are included for completeness. You never know when you may want to throw up acquisitio during aeon.....

Also, I believe the old cures are being left in just in case there is a reversion backwards, and playing it safe. I'm sure as we progress and the overhaul reaches it's conclusion, those deleted afflictions will also be removed. They really shouldn't cause any kind of an issue except clutter.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Maligorn said:

EDIT: Not sure why it tried to cure paranoia in the middle of that though. Not at all sure.
    Click the (a) right when it did the cure for paranoia (or before it) and you'll know.
  • Kelly said:
    Okay, the mmupdate prios fixes the aeon, though the other new cure affs are still near the bottom. Also I'm not sure why there are defenses in the curing list... is it ever desirable to try to raise a defense while under aeon? Also would be nice to get rid of the -phobia affs and others that have been removed from the game from the prio list.

I imagine that this prio list would need to change as we move along the overhaul (especially when sap kicks the can), so really I wasn't sure if @Vadi's just waiting for things to shake out, in which case I'll start to tweak them myself.
    There do need to be further improvements to the prios but aeon was the most important one. Defences have always been available in aeon curing - if you never want to raise them, have before afflictions... sometimes you might though and I made the system be pretty complete to allow you the choice instead of deciding for you here.

Old cures aren't going away, admins make mistakes and might want to roll back stuff - that'll stay until we can be doublty sure they're not coming back. You can in fact toggle between old and new cures at your will with mmshow overhaul.
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Maybe it's just my mudlet, but every time I install the update and restart the client, it tells me I still need to install it. What's up with that?
  • You might be installing the outdated version without knowing it.
  • What's in the 15.1.2 update?
  • http://vadisystems.com/mm/2015/01/15-1-2-update/

Forgot to post here, but the website is where all of the news are.
  • 15.1.3 update

This update fixes aeon and Overhaul-related curing related things.

Aeon

Aeon curing has been fixed to recognise the cure and symptoms blocking steam curing, as well as not waiting on anorexia to be cured first.

Paralysis

Curing paralysis has been re-enabled, per a recent changelog note.

Defences

A few new defence lines for curios were added in: wig curio, damage enchancement and health/mana/ego boosts.

Miscallaneous

Changelog:

• added another head fracture line
    • added curio damage enchantment def line
    • added dust to precache
    • added health/mana/ego curio def lines
    • added pipe running out of puffs trigger for new line
    • added wig curio def line
    • fixed aeon curing
    • fixed artefact status not getting cleared from pipes when doing artefact list
    • fixed crushedwindpipe, blacklung, asthma, collapsedlungs symptoms to be recognised when smoking steam
    • fixed pincharge illusion not to cause writhing
    • re-enabled focus for paralysis
    • removed anorexia, slitthroat, throatlock, crushedwindpipe from afflictions blocking steam smoking
    • removed crushed feet from Healing curing
    • updated war champion bashing trigger
    So.... ecto isn't being cured, even when I have soap enabled.

Marcella's eyes roll back into her head and she begins to chant ugly, discordant 
    words. With each syllable uttered, white, viscous smoke oozes out of her mouth.
    The smoke envelops you, leaving behind a thick coat of sticky slime.
    7362h, 8280m, 8280e, 10p, 26400en, 33900w Bexk<>-Song: Hope
    Ur'Marshal Marcella n'Lochli, Warlady of Magnagora says, "Apparantly not."
    7362h, 8280m, 8280e, 10p, 26400en, 33900w Bexk<>-Song: Hopediag
    diag
    You are:
    covered in ectoplasm.
    an insomniac.
    You have 2 afflictions.
    7362h, 8280m, 8280e, 10p, 26400en, 33900w Bxk<>-Song: Hope
    You have recovered equilibrium.
    The cold of the grave seeps into your bones, causing you to shudder.
    7362h, 8280m, 8280e, 10p, 26400en, 33900w Bexk<>-Song: Hope(sip fire)
    You take a drink of a potion of fire from a shimmering rainbow vial.
    Your body warms up and you stop shivering. (0.039s)
    You may drink another purgative or curing potion.
    7362h, 8280m, 8280e, 10p, 26400en, 33900w Bexk<>-Song: Hopescrub
    You scrub yourself vigorously and wash away the horrible ectoplasm. (24.271s)
    7362h, 8280m, 8280e, 10p, 26400en, 33900w Bek<>-Song: Hope
  • Check your mmshow ignore.
    Vadi said:
    Check your mmshow ignore.
    9202h, 8280m, 8970e, 10p, 26400en, 33900w Bexk<>-Song: Hopemmshow ignore
    (m&m): Things we're ignoring:
      deathmarktwo      (remove)
      deathmarkthree    (remove)
      deathmarkfive     (remove)
      deathmarkfour     (remove)
      deathmarkone      (remove)

The skill Marcella used was not deathmark.
  • What settings would you all suggest baseline for scroll/potion/sparkle usage? I'm a faeling and a monk if that matters at all.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/37642/#Comment_37642 has Chade's percentages that he used.  You may wish to tweak them as necessary.
  • So someone coming back to the game with no old link to download... how do I get a copy of m&m again?
  • K, so, I found an old copy but it won't download any of the new stuff. Halp?
    Would send Vadi a message to get the download link.
  • I'm not sure if this is how the influencing addon is supposed to work, but I thought I'd ask... after entering the "charity <target" command, I have to also send "IH" (or any other command, it appears) before the process of influencing actually begins. I assumed that it would require just one command.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Do you have GMCP enabled in your client settings?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • 15.2.1 update!

New update! A whole lot of fixes and improvements in this one.

Sap curing

Sap curing with paralysis has been fixed. It was negatively affected by the switchover to use wafers for curing.

Additionally, the list of priorities the system was considering at the time that's accessible by clicking on the (a) is now properly ordered in descending order of importance.

Meld tracker

Pyromancers now have the meld tracker addon, a simple thing that plots your meld on the map as you create it and shows you if you've got any breakable parts.

rfl alias

Those with Illusions gained an 'rfl' alias, which is a toggle for keeping reflection up on yourself. Its use is limited as reflections take way too much eq, but you might find it useful in some situations.

mmset alias

mmset <aff name> <balance> <priority number> has been added, which allows you to move a priority to a given # and if something is already in that spot, move everything out of the way. The corresponding scripting function for this is mm.prio.insert().

Dracnari lighting pipes

Dracnari lighting for pipes has been fixed, as they have a special line and don't require a tinderbox.

Hemilepgy curing

Double-hemilepgy has been fixed to cure both afflictions, and not just one when given.

Installation setup

Installation setup has been simplified with the removal of 5 questions that are now enabled by default: showbaltimes, allheale, relight, gagrelight, preclot, and the organisation.

Salamanders lines

Salamanders lines have been updated for the Envoy changes which changed some afflictions around.

EmeraldGrazioso & FutureGlimpse

EmeraldGrazioso and FutureGlimpse have been added to be handled by the system now.

Miscallaneous

For a complete list of changes, see below!

Changelog:

• added dracnari lighting all pipes trigger
    • added EmeraldGrazioso trigger
    • added faerie wings def line
    • added Future Glimpse trigger
    • added geochem things afflicting when falling out
    • added iced ground proning trigger
    • added meld tracker addon for pyromancers by default
    • added mmset alias
    • added remote phantom trigger
    • added resistances def lines from candies
    • added rfl toggle for reflection mode
    • added scorpionspit def line
    • added sightstealer removed trigger
    • fixed aff list to be sorted properly in (a)
    • fixed blacktea negating blackout not to error
    • fixed illusory wounds removed trigger
    • fixed lucidity errors when curing
    • fixed mangled legs illusions not to loop
    • fixed paralysis not being cured with sap on since wafer introduction
    • fixed system curing only when hemilepgy when double is given
    • fixed system not climbing out of pits of alwaysrockclimb was on but rockclimbing was off
    • improved install experience - made showbaltimes, allheale, relight, gagrelight, and preclot enabled by default
    • updated for the changed empty pipe in pipelist line
    • updated install to auto-set the org
    • updated new scroll purchase trigger to only warn if scrollid isn't 0 already
    • updated salamanders lines
  • 15.2.2 update!

Quick update to handle the recent Overhaul affliction updates. As usual, Overhaul afflictions are handles automatically and you can view the current list with mmshow overhaul.

Changelog:

• added haemophilia, powersap, scabies, and dysentery to wafer cures
    • fixed future glimpse and gnosis negation to work for tangle and other affs with a different game name than m&m name
    • replaced trembling with epilepsy, weakness with clumsiness and worms with dysentery
  • edited February 2015
    Does anyone know why I am not touching medicinebag?

my config is set at 90%

but it never actually goes off.