Returning to Lusternia

Its been a long time since I've played Lusternia, and just as long since I've played a mud beyond a session or two. I did reasonibly well with my previous character but never really connected to the community so when my friends stopped playing I just drifted off.

But again and again I am craving the sort of experiences you just don't get it other games so I am considering making a fresh start with a new character. I'd like to get more involved with the community this time round, specifically with roleplay so I was wondering if anyone had any tips; from where the most rp is happening at the moment, to ways I could get involved. I have a cornucopia of character concepts so I could find one to fit any of the cities/communes.

I'd also be interested to know of what the state of current events are too!

Comments

• RP happens everywhere. Just different types. I'm sure somebody else will give you a (probably biased) rundown of RP in different orgs, but I'm going to refrain from that and give you an answer you might not hear from others:

Jump in.

Don't try to preplan everything, don't try to tailor yourself to a specific place. Get a basic idea of what -you- want to do and just jump in. Immerse yourself. Have fun. Talk to people. Get involved in what people are doing. Ask questions. If you end up not liking whatever city or commune you join, people are pretty forgiving about orghopping with younger characters (and if they aren't, whatever, no skin off you).

Lusternia is made of people, not org-related echochambers (though those exist), and you'll find some way to fit in pretty much no matter what you'll do. What matters is that you have fun.

Welcome back to the game, and I hope you find some place you fit in and enjoy yourself quickly. Happy holidays!
  • Welcome back!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mucho, Gusto. Mucho is happening in Lusternia. Why, there's foul play afoot with massive mushroom infestations, Gaudiguch is having another party soon, I hear Lisaera is still pining away for Fain,
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I have no advice.  Just tips and observations:
    1) Reality is another place.
    2) It's never rude to say Hello.
    3) Plenty of adults Role Play -- even geriatrics!
    4) Plenty of adolescents Role Play as well.
    5) Evil is not a winning strategy.
    6) If an in-game action has real-world consequences, then it's a real-world action.
    7) None of us can always be the center of attention because we are all here for the same purpose.
    8) It's OK to let your character develop over time -- it's not only natural, but preferred.
    9) Everyone goofs or has a bad day.
    </RANT>
  • Although it doesn't get a ton of use at present, consider setting RPWHO ON when you log in (help roleplay describes this).