Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Mag's over the crying finally I think. Too hardcore to cry.  
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, and when I tried that, I just got voted out and get stonewalled. A lot of stuff goes on internally to try and fix the issues people eternally cite, but everything gets shot down one way or another (or just ignored to death).

Tweet: My revision of the Leaves, designed to inject clarity and make it easier for future changes, was enacted. Hopefully it's a good first step for some reform RP.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Eh, I think Serenwilde's dysfunction is part of the way it is. The guilds are interdependent, but fiercely autonomous, some more than others. And I know that the two newer guilds, the Spiritsingers and the Shofangi, are still struggling to find their identities. There's the long threads on the Shofangi going on, but the Spiritsingers struggle, too. The other three guilds had very clear backstories and purposes right from the beginning (or, in the case of the Serenguard, added later via admin event), but these two have a lot of work ahead of them.

The Moonhart Circle also doesn't have a clearly defined purpose (not for lack of trying--it seems every CL tries to get the people to come up with a unified vision, but it never gets off the ground). Sometimes, it's a useless body. Sometimes, a totalitarian one. Because it doesn't understand itself as the high-and-mighty government, it doesn't usually get to act like one.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Maligorn said:
    Enyalida/Rivius don't yell loud enough at the commune (because half of them would start crying). I don't think Sondayga was a yeller. Nejii is gone. Don't know if Asmodea was ever relevant. Rika suicided. Those are the only big Seren names I know.
    Does Everiine not count?
  • Enyalida said:
    Yeah, and when I tried that, I just got voted out and get stonewalled. A lot of stuff goes on internally to try and fix the issues people eternally cite, but everything gets shot down one way or another (or just ignored to death).

(which is what triggered a mass Serenwilde exodus in the first place. Tell Seren to dig up Hiriako's news post olol)

• Ssaliss said:
    Wait... what? You have to apply for a totems spec?

Can't go straight to Serenguard have to be a member of commune first. Though if you want to let me run around with crow or night, I'm game.
    The playa you love to hate
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't know, I think the better answer is to grief the newbie killer into the ground.

It's worked. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yeah, and mostly people won't jump to defend them, either.
    Everiine yells quite a lot when people are being stupid. He's glad to be back in a position where he can do that again.

Coincidentally (player secret time), Ev really hated Enyalida as the CL and objected to what he perceived she was doing. Now that he's suffered the same fate, he has a greater respect for Enya, but would never admit it unless forced.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• edited January 2015
    Maligorn said:
    Enyalida/Rivius don't yell loud enough at the commune (because half of them would start crying). I don't think Sondayga was a yeller. Nejii is gone. Don't know if Asmodea was ever relevant. Rika suicided. Those are the only big Seren names I know.
    No, not because they'd cry, but because the CL is out of line. There really is no precedent or authority to do so in Seren. But you nailed it on the head. It's not about yelling in Seren. It's about what you've done. One of the few things we tend to agree on is that we hate yelling. The snuggly/crying meme honestly died years ago.

All of the names you gave, and many more, are cherished there. It's been a long time since we've really honoured the military though. Most military people want to upgrade to city skills before too long.

Seren is, very often, a place for RP people who have found their personal hook there, and there's not a lot more to it. It's a shame that even then that RP isn't together, but pockets of different cliques throughout the forest.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Drakius said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Wait... what? You have to apply for a totems spec?

Can't go straight to Serenguard have to be a member of commune first. Though if you want to let me run around with crow or night, I'm game.
    Oh, you meant like that. Yeah, that I can kinda understand. I thought you meant that people in the SG need to apply to the leaders to choose a totem spec, heh.
  • Aerotan said:
    Maligorn said:
    Does Everiine not count?
    No, honestly. Everiine, for all his experience and age, has never bothered to learn combat or act as a true unifying force. He has a lot of wisdom and does cool rituals, but he's definitely not the person you're going to follow to basically any conquest, nor someone you're really going to listen to for big decisions, because (imo, as an outsider looking in) he seems to deliberately attempt to stay in the periphery.

Everiine said:
    Everiine yells quite a lot when people are being stupid. He's glad to be back in a position where he can do that again.

Coincidentally (player secret time), Ev really hated Enyalida as the CL and objected to what he perceived she was doing. Now that he's suffered the same fate, he has a greater respect for Enya, but would never admit it unless forced.

I've been trying to push a central RP thing for a while. Before @Riluna left, I was initiating RP along the lines of "Let me learn your ways, so that I might be a better leader, one who understands the positions of all the guilds". I've been asking every Serenguard leader to join the tribe for over a RL year now (with no response either way), so expect an approach!
  • In my observations no one is scared enough or respectful enough to let you fix things unless you can be murderous. Across almost all orgs.
    There was a time when fighters were all that were important to Serenwilde--people like Narsrim come to mind, and there were others who were recruited simply because they were good fighters. That backfired so tremendously that people were hesitant for a long while to overemphasize the military aspects. Especially since the perception is still that those in power don't have to follow the rules.

Stuff like that is why admission was so draconian for a while, there was a huge backlash against some players that were pushing a lot of others out. Said players were on the prohibited entry list, or would have otherwise been filtered out by a more orderly admissions process, so a more complex process was created. That particular problem hasn't really cropped up since, and admissions have backed down to being less restrictive, but it's not like it was a totally arbitrary process in the first place.
  • Riluna said:
    Maligorn said:
    No, not because they'd cry, but because the CL is out of line. There really is no precedent or authority to do so in Seren. But you nailed it on the head. It's not about yelling in Seren. It's about what you've done. One of the few things we tend to agree on is that we hate yelling. The snuggly/crying meme honestly died years ago.
    The snuggly might have died out, but the crying most certainly has not. If Serenwilde can't handle a few harsh words to kick its ass into fucking action, then the onus of improving is simply on the people to take their lumps and learn a little discipline instead of crying outrage at being oppressed or whatever.

• I promise guys, if you let me in I'll just do my own thing and leave you alone while you infight. I just need my guild things. Please don't make this a whole month wait -.-
  • Drakius said:
    In my observations no one is scared enough or respectful enough to let you fix things unless you can be murderous. Across almost all orgs.
    Svana very likely couldn't kill anyone with a curing system at the moment, and she still tends to get things done. She's big, she's mean, and she looks like she could take a bite out of field plate, but she solves most of the conflicts that arise with conversation. It's hard to keep doing something stupid when a big cow lady beats you half to death with common sense.
    Serenwilde gives out a TON of CFs. Show up at a fight, revolt, domoth, wildnodes, raid, defense? Instant CF. Credits for those who don't get CFs. It is really easy to get CFs.

• There's one of your problems. You give out CF/Credits for raids. If Gaudiguch offered that option, I'd probably do no-risk raids too just for the easy cheese.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Oh yeah my bad, I mean it's easy to get into gaudi. Figuratively and literally. Giggity.
  • Defense for a raid, sure. Just tagging along to spam web/majorthird/whatever, no.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Raid CFs should be given for hyper grief via smobs, etc none of this easy no defender crap.
    It's about the only way we were able to get people to participate. The line between being useful, earning a favour; and not being useful enough, and not earning one, is entirely subjective. People didn't participate, so we said, "If you participate, even a little, you'll get something for it." And for the most part, it works. Many more people participate than used to.

• Shuyin said:
    Oh yeah my bad, I mean it's easy to get into gaudi. Figuratively and literally. Giggity.

1. Are you a retard? 2. Are you going to be a dick? If you said "No" twice, welcome to Gaudiguch!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Gaudi is full of dicks.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Yeah, but they have to roll an alt to do it.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
This discussion has been closed.