Are we limited to sheep wool?

When designing things like tapestries are we limited to wool that came from a sheep?

Or can we use yarn made from alpacas, goats and even rabbits as well?

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I see no reason you couldn't use alternate wools.
  • It's just I've never seen an alpaca in any of the villages so I wasn't sure if they existed in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I haven't seen an alpaca, sorry.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There are plenty of rabbits, goats, mammoths and other stuff though.
  • here's a full list off the top of my head

Forest creatures
    deer
    rabbit (no angora)

Riding beasts
    Goat
    horse/pegasi/nightmare (if they don't turn out all metallic and such)
    mammoth
    dogs

MISC.
    racoons
    squirrel

is dead like the dodo
  • Hrm, cotton too, right?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Do we actually have cotton? Because I'm not sure if I've seen it anywhere...

• @Mysrai has cotton strands in Their realm I think, but gods can also make chocolate so there is that :|
  • No angora rabbits? I mean, I know there are rabbits so I thought I could just pretend that some of them were fluffy monstrosities.
  • I would use angora and just put rabbits as commodity
  • As for cotton:

540   srs             a delicately embroidered viridian cotton slip                                          2    150gp
    540   srs             an elegant heliotrope-coloured cotton petticoat                                        1    250gp
    921   Umbra           expertly knotted robes of pristine cotton                                              1   6500gp
    1007  Lambency        an off-shoulder, honey-gold cotton dress                                               2   1600gp
    1007  Lambency        a short, violet cotton sun dress                                                       1   1500gp
    1007  Lambency        beribboned, low-slung trousers of pale cotton                                          1   1700gp
    1188  Dc              pristine cotton robes of interwoven layering                                           1  15550gp
    1188  Dc              expertly knotted robes of pristine cotton                                              1  15750gp
    1188  Dc              simple cotton boxers                                                                   1   1000gp

So there's definitely precedence for using cotton in designs. Not sure which comm to use though, although I'd guess cloth.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Yeah, you'll want to use cloth for cotton. If you want to use down for blankets/beds, use a duck >.<
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I was told that if you want a weird fabric, just list it under thread and make sure it fits into the mechanics lusternia has. You can't have nylon, and factory made synthetics , but you can have a lot of shit  stuff