Overhaul AB Changes

So, someone *cough* decided to poke around again for info, and have questions for the lovely people of the forums.

As I update my little side project, can anyone clarify or provide the following for me, please:

• The short AB for Confusion in Hexes (ie. what you see when you look at AB HEXES as a whole).
  • The updated AB text for Wyrdenwood Pepper (assuming it changed).
  • Clarify what Humid in Aquachem afflicts with, since vapors is now gone and reckless is already given by Bubbling.

More questions will probably pop up as I move further in, but any input would be grand.

Thanks!

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Viynain said:
    • Clarify what Humid in Aquachem afflicts with, since vapors is now gone and reckless is already given by Bubbling.
    I shouldn't help you because of the way you assaulted me last night, but I'll be the bigger person here.
    It afflicts with [drumroll] ... recklessness!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wait, so you have two skills that afflict with the same thing?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Wait, so you have two skills that afflict with the same thing?
    Yup. Awesome, isn't it? Double recklessness is gonna win Ascension.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    AB *affliction* in hexes doesn't show anything, ever, unless they've stayed to change that. Isn't it in the AFFS listing though?
  • Envoy it, you dingus.

Maligorn said:
    Envoy it, you dingus.
    Adding random crap to crap is still crap.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    so don't add random crap? Add something useful? You're an envoy, envoy it

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    so don't add random crap? Add something useful? You're an envoy, envoy it
    Everything useful I've attempted to add has been either shot down or changed into something still not useful. Don't see a reason to continue wasting my time if the admin aren't willing to budge on fixing a bad design.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"

Are you serious right now?

You're not even going to try because you think it'll get shot down?

Maligorn said:

Are you serious right now?

You're not even going to try because you think it'll get shot down?
    No, I'm not gonna touch it because no matter what affliction I add, it'll be pointless due to the bad design of the skillset that the admin have been shown to not be willing to change on numerous occasions since basically day 1 of the chem releases.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • You still think chems are bad? You're like, the only person that thinks that.

I think the overall design is bad.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    So you're telling me that AoE bombs (that afflict and do serious damage), mini-gravity affliction fields, 100% (fill in damage type here) damage + double haegl slinging for 1p, synergising with -mancers in ways no other guild could (especially tertiary wise), and nice utility gadgets are bad.

You think static field is bad. You think wyrdenwood noose is bad. You think 100% divinus/excorable is bad.

Please.

EDIT: I mean, you can keep the double recklessness if you want. It'll foil those darn OOLONG TEA USERS. And Celest throws out a lot of recklessness as it is.

Or you can do your job as an Envoy and envoy Humid to be something that makes sense, like slickness. Humidity makes me sweaty, at least.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I dunno, but it seems to me if an envoy blatantly doesn't want to work on their skills at all then maybe, just maybe, someone who does should be envoy instead?

• Oh, lovely folk - go take your unhappiness elsewhere. I desire info, but thanks for confirming what I thought about Humid, @Neos!

In regards to @Tarkenton, I'm not looking for AB HEXES <affliction> - just what AB HEXES says when Confusion is listed there. I've known for quite a bit of time that AB HEXES <affliction> contains nothing, just like Runes.

Thanks!
  • The chems are a bad design.  Most of the game agrees chems are badly designed, he is far from the only one.

Are not intended to stick their affs mostly, rely on stupid high damage that (once balanced down) will not be the best way to do things, and their gimmick is room nuke. If you can't kill someone solo it isn't really worth the time, you are better off being a TK so you can just treat them as passives.

• edited January 2015
    Naming specific skills trying to say that makes a whole skillset good is just fundamentally wrong.

Noose is not all of Wyrdenwood, you are ignoring 20+ other skills that aren't good. The design of the skillset is not "this skill and that skill" it is the part where you are using passives and "on attack" things to cause afflictions you need for a 10s timed combo that kills the passives it needed.

The chems were considered a failure by most people when they were released as a SOLO skill. They are only even remotely useful because nukes work on groups, but if you strip that gimmick, they are abysmal. 

EDIT:  Maybe you should log on and get opinions before assuming your outlier opinion is the norm. Gimmicks, handful of gimmicks each skillset, but they otherwise are not well rounded or designed.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2015
    Seeing as how group combat is pretty much always going to be the norm in general Lusternia conflict, I fail to see how my argument is moot. Classes don't have to have solo killing potential to be considered "good" (but oh wait, people are forgetting how Camberre and Chade both demonstrated solo kill potential with chem sets anyway). Wyrdenwood can -also- provide their passives, bombs, and mini-gravity on people in addition to a high-damage entangle every few seconds.

Since Viynain asked, this is going to be my last post here. You're really hindering yourself if you think chems are a bad design.

EDIT: Also,

>tells me to get outlier opinions before saying Neos is the only one

>makes blanket assessment that  "Most of the game agrees chems are badly designed, he is far from the only one."

• Boo your off topic-ness.

Anyways - another query! What's the short AB HEXES for Hallucinations now that it replaced the two other affs?
  • @Maligorn: Not really hindering myself. They ARE bad design, being able to use things like pollute or hailstorm don't make the whole skillset good. Most of your skillset ignores you, most of the solo damage are based on specific groups and combo, or letting a melder hit (the 10 man gank) in time with your nuke.   Design is not "nuke", that is a skill. It has its good points, but the DESIGN as a whole is still bad. We can discuss the difference later if you want, but design is how it is intended to work, practice is how it actually works. It is designed to need afflictions to do anything, in practice it either does high damage without them or it does massive amounts because of lucky timing. 

@Viynain: Didn't someone say above that hexes doesn't really have much posted in it for skills? Not sure which, but some skills have been removed when they would overlap afflictions.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hey, guys. Don't scare Vivi away, take this to ingame tells.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited January 2015
    <3@Shaddus.

And yeah, @Malarious. I've taken out the abilities they've deleted, but need the short ABs for the ones they added into Hexes, like Confusion and Hallucinations.

Such delicious information to round up!
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited January 2015
    This is the Nihilist pacts that have changed, I know the Celestines have changed as well, but as it stands for now until a couple changes will still be made:

Nifilhema, Queen of Insufferable Cruelty
    * Sensitivity, bleeding, shackles, hemiplegy

I'll also make sure to post the new AB files for torture, omen and ectoplasm when they are updated with their new stuff.

PS. Chemancers are solid. Mages have just been spoiled by demesnes ability to contain an enemy for so long, they haven't dealt with a bards problem in PerfectFifth versus Gust.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Much appreciated! And huh, I always thought it was haemophilia instead of bleeding for the investment. Seems I was wrong - thanks for the clarification!
  • Viynain said:
    Oh, lovely folk - go take your unhappiness elsewhere. I desire info, but thanks for confirming what I thought about Humid, @Neos!

In regards to @Tarkenton, I'm not looking for AB HEXES <affliction> - just what AB HEXES says when Confusion is listed there. I've known for quite a bit of time that AB HEXES <affliction> contains nothing, just like Runes.

Thanks!
    Actually, runes ABs do list stuff now!

RUNES - FEOH

** THIS RUNE CURRENTLY HAS NO EFFECT, AND EXISTS ONLY FOR USE IN
    PROPHESY **

Effect: None.
    Tinctures: green 1
    5874h, 7632m, 7632e, 10p, 22115en, 29690w Belrxd<>- (XBHSPFA) {70.6595}
    ab runes isa
    RUNES - ISA

Effect: Afflicts with freezing.

Tinctures: purple 1

... ok, so it's not much.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Are you looking for changes to other skills? I use your website, and I can make a list of out-of-date stuff. :P

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Silvanus said:
    PS. Chemancers are solid. Mages have just been spoiled by demesnes ability to contain an enemy for so long, they haven't dealt with a bards problem in PerfectFifth versus Gust.
    Demesne has an ability to contain an enemy for long? Ooooookay then.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Asked @Vumiri to message you with AB HEXES @Viynain, in case you hadn't gotten the output from someone else yet.
  • You guys are great - thanks, @Akyaevin and @Tarkenton. I'll look forward to @Vumiri 's message.

@Qistrel Thanks! I think I've gotten most all of the changes since I went through the Overhaul newsboard and combed through my project accordingly. If you notice anything amiss though, don't hesitate to just let me know and I'll get about fixing it as fast I can.