12 Days of Astral Insanity.

Zodiac anyone? How about those Lobstrosities?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Leo's kinda cute actually.  :blush:
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Those would be cool if there was some kind of conflict thing for Astral and they were mob bosses or some such.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Those would be cool if there was some kind of conflict thing for Astral and they were mob bosses or some such.
    I'm a little hesitant to raise the idea, but what if there were some denizens which raided Cosmic/Elemental/CommuneEthereal planes once in awhile?

I'd like to see something like Rift. Where a tear opens and spawn issues slowly trying to take over the plane.
  • Steingrim said:
    Neos said:
    I'm a little hesitant to raise the idea, but what if there were some denizens which raided Cosmic/Elemental/CommuneEthereal planes once in awhile?

I'd like to see something like Rift. Where a tear opens and spawn issues slowly trying to take over the plane.
    I'm only hesitant about this because I get the sense that some poor newbie/midbie is going to be wandering EthSeren one day trying to turn in his pokmofae, when along comes TAUROVAX THE DESTRUCTOR, AVATAR OF BULL'S RAGE, and all of a sudden he's a pinkish smear on Atropos' brand new carpet.

• Aerotan said:
    Steingrim said:
    Neos said:

I'm only hesitant about this because I get the sense that some poor newbie/midbie is going to be wandering EthSeren one day trying to turn in his pokmofae, when along comes TAUROVAX THE DESTRUCTOR, AVATAR OF BULL'S RAGE, and all of a sudden he's a pinkish smear on Atropos' brand new carpet.
    It worked great as a special event (we Mags remember the Time Dame quite well), and might possibly work as something more regular (perhaps less frequent than Wildnodes to keep the spice) provided  usual ``ignore lowbie'' logic was intact.  Sure the midbies might die, but midbies are a fairly effective and cheap alarm system.

Now if only the Fates would let me tie a rope around someone's waist, gust them into another room, count to ten, and then pull the rope towards me.  What? Well that's how I'd find out if a room was safe in Paranoia, and it'd probably work for these proposed rifts too.
    </RANT>
  • You wouldn't have to worry about Taurovax the Destructor, Avatar of Bull's Rage. Svana would be there immediately to subjugate the bull-like thing, as is her job as the only remaining Taurian Matriarch.

Might turn it into a mount, or a pet, or a manservant.

The rest of the astral oddities? You're on your own with those. But if we're going to have astral stuff invading the lower planes, maybe make Grace of Innocence prevent them from stomping on newbies.
  • Svana said:
    You wouldn't have to worry about Taurovax the Destructor, Avatar of Bull's Rage. Svana would be there immediately to subjugate the bull-like thing, as is her job as the only remaining Taurian Matriarch.

Might turn it into a mount, or a pet, or a manservant.

The rest of the astral oddities? You're on your own with those. But if we're going to have astral stuff invading the lower planes, maybe make Grace of Innocence prevent them from stomping on newbies.
    I'm thinking of something rather rare. A kind of 'world event'. The more likely to effect a newbie the rarer.

Years ago, when most gamers played over dial up in the Lands of Kompfuserve, Ahole, and Gehinie I played a game called Dragonrealms. In its early years it would have invasions. People would tell the lower level characters to hide inside and for say an hour the others would fend of waves of fairly low level creatures. When the creatures were harder they'd usually invade harder to reach areas.

One of my favorite raids was a holiday raid of 'Rabid Reindeers'.

By the time someone is going off plane they're opened to much more danger in general. We don't want to run them completely off for long periods of time, but that doesn't mean there can't be occasional threats in and area that may be difficult for them or even life-threatening. What if occasionally an obfessor used the link to travel to vortex? What if rarely a dozen or two did?
  • Delphas said:

Aerotan said:
    Steingrim said:
    Neos said:

It worked great as a special event (we Mags remember the Time Dame quite well), and might possibly work as something more regular (perhaps less frequent than Wildnodes to keep the spice) provided  usual ``ignore lowbie'' logic was intact.  Sure the midbies might die, but midbies are a fairly effective and cheap alarm system.

Now if only the Fates would let me tie a rope around someone's waist, gust them into another room, count to ten, and then pull the rope towards me.  What? Well that's how I'd find out if a room was safe in Paranoia, and it'd probably work for these proposed rifts too.
    I don't know if anyone got the 'Yank' ability from Achaea. I used to use it all the time when I had meta and then asked people to use it on me when I went Ashura. Run in hit a hard or group or mobs...get yanked out.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Steingrim said:
    I don't know if anyone got the 'Yank' ability from Achaea. I used to use it all the time when I had meta and then asked people to use it on me when I went Ashura. Run in hit a hard or group or mobs...get yanked out.
    Ninjakari did.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Steingrim said:
    Ninjakari did.
    I did wonder if chaindrag was a dup. Something in the back of my mind thinks is has some other minor restriction. Clearly we need elephant totems.
  • Not the Grace'd guys I'm worried about, it's the guys who lost the Grace because they're too big for it or nobody told them it was a bad idea to renounce it for nexus constructs.

'sides, yer Gaudiguchian, you would have GRIMIRION THE BURNING, PURGER OF FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE or something.

Celest would get Kankrion the Cancerous, Render of Soft Flesh,
    uh, and Skor the Venomous, Avatar of Scorpion's Pain,
    Capricornelius the Ravenous, Consumer of All,
    Matron the Madonna, Mother of Monsters,
    Aileron the Vicious, Avatar of Eagle's Strike,
    Hydreus the Caustic, Bearer of Acidic Wrath,
    Felleon the Glorious, Avatar of Lion's Pride
    Equillius the Unjust, Executor of Merciless Retribution
    ...I'm missing two...
  • Parasites on Pisces and the sphere south of Mag's.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    When I saw these, I instantly associated Adramelech with Capricorn and Cuchulainn with Scorpio.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Daraius said:
    Leo's kinda cute actually.  :blush:
    Why thanks ;)

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Some of these look fairly normal (in concept, in execution they are all rad) but Gemini, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn are straight out of Barlow's Inferno territory. 

Good find!
  • Makha the Leech, Drainer of Aethers
    Areious the Unstoppable, Breaker of Wills
  • Aerotan said:
    Not the Grace'd guys I'm worried about, it's the guys who lost the Grace because they're too big for it or nobody told them it was a bad idea to renounce it for nexus constructs.

'sides, yer Gaudiguchian, you would have GRIMIRION THE BURNING, PURGER OF FORBIDDEN KNOWLEDGE or something.

Celest would get Kankrion the Cancerous, Render of Soft Flesh,
    uh, and Skor the Venomous, Avatar of Scorpion's Pain,
    Capricornelius the Ravenous, Consumer of All,
    Matron the Madonna, Mother of Monsters,
    Aileron the Vicious, Avatar of Eagle's Strike,
    Hydreus the Caustic, Bearer of Acidic Wrath,
    Felleon the Glorious, Avatar of Lion's Pride
    Equillius the Unjust, Executor of Merciless Retribution
    ...I'm missing two...
    You can be worried, but you're being overly vague. Worried about what happening specifically? If you step off plane you're not protected? If you insist on protection, stay on prime. True, with org invasions even then you're taking risk, but even that wouldn't be new. The basin's had its own invasions since very early on.
  • Worried about some random midbie being unable to complete org quests because there's an aggro smob in the room with the mob they need to turn stuff into, or patrolling an area that normally is able to be policed by players telling one another not to be jerks. (Faethorn, in this case. Ethereal plane has a some org-helpful midbie-friendly stuff to do, as do the elemental planes, but a lot of the fighting defaults to Faethorn.) I understand that off-prime isn't Avenger protected, nor should it be, but the elemental planes and Faethorn are a decent source of hunting for people in the right level ranges, and making one of those more dangerous by several orders of magnitude without warning is something I feel would be detrimental in the long run.

Innocence here isn't being referenced because of PK, but because a lot of mobs ignore Innocent players as a trade off for them being unable to attack back.

I mean, if we had some way of warning people when they came on-plane that something big, mean, and angry was coming after their face, I'd be more comfortable, but it just feels a little unfair to have someone hop up to Water hoping to hunt leaches, then all of a sudden get murdered to death by a mob they'd normally have better sense than to be in the same time-zone as, much less the same room.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Won't lie, I'd just come screw with people trying to bash these depending. For the fun.