Simple questions?

Why? We have Simple Ideas, but I didn't find a thread for questions. 
Will this be useful? I don't know, but it's for questions that would have quick, easy answers (1 post/paragraph or so) in your best judgement.

So let's get started!

Is there anything generally acceptable to the Charites/review team that can be used to represent a clear varnish/lacquer?

Comments

• I can at least answer the first bit! The reason there's no Simple Questions thread is because if you create a new question (click the down-arrow right of New Discussion), you can later set the thread to be answered and choose the best answer(s). A full thread with questions would have no such ability, and it'd be hard to keep track of what questions have been answered as well.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Answer: I've seen people use light essence, or powerstones (crushed into powder and mixed with essence, sometimes) for such things.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Can the flame sigils be disenchanted off of objects? I seem to remember it being possible to (Say) disenchant the sigil off a piece of clothing dropped in a room, or disenchant the sigil off a painting.
  • Yeah, they can. I think Enchanters can check it in one of the ABs.
    I just had an enchanter try for a little while, and not figure out how to do it, which is why I was asking.
  • edited January 2015
    Apparently this should appear in one of their ABs:

Syntax: DISENCHANT FLAME ON <object>
    Power: 3 (any)
    You can also disenchant flame sigils that have been directly attached to
    another object.

EDIT: It's supposedly even in the Flame ab. So yeah...
  • Can someone explain to me how exactly serpent works? I have the following lines:

The aura of prismatic energy surrounding you flickers and retreats into your crown chakra.
    Your prismatic barrier dissolves into nothing.
    Your aura of prismatic energy flickers and fades.
    A renewed aura of prismatic energy surges once more from your crown chakra and surrounds you.

I think the first one happens when you do an action that breaks the shield, and the second when you are attacked. The third I think is fade over time. But then the fourth has me confused.

Also, what all is or isn't it supposed to protect from? It doesn't seem to work on mobs, is this a pure player combat skill?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Doesn't Serpent regularly put up prismatic barriers around you while it lasts? It would explain the messages.

The fourth is when Serpent puts up a barrier.
    The second and third is when the barrier fades.
    The first is when Serpent ends.
  • Hmm yes, the buff it gives is called 'prismatic barrier'. Is that a thing in itself?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    I -think- Serpent temp goes away if you take any action, even sipping. The fourth is when it resumes.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited January 2015
    Yes. Basically serpent does two things: It spawns a prismatic BUFF and a prismatic DEF. 

-The buff puts the def back up every 10 seconds, and goes away after a short time (1 minute?). 

-The defense drops on anything that will drop a shield (and only blocks what a shield would block, afaik). The buff can be stripped by anything that strips general defenses.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Back to the lacquer question! Technically you don't need a comm for a basic varnish or lacquer, we have no equivalent, It's in my mind like using polish. I would be exceedingly surprised if you were asked to provice a commodity for it unless your design used it like it was a glass finish or some such.

• The idea is to use it to provide a smooth clear coat over a relief carved into the piece.
    Aerotan said:
    The idea is to use it to provide a smooth clear coat over a relief carved into the piece.
    I just did a serach for posterity's sake for all artisan designs using varnish in the description, and for each one I looked at, there were no additional comms added except where the varnish gave a different coloured sheen (and tints were added to represent that).

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Do most people see emotes in grey, or have they configured another color for them? And can anybody recommend a good kind of neutral non-grey color for stage effects?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • 6 isn't bad for it. I think most people will get what you mean for it without needing to explain it. (NPCs/Objects default to that colour, for reference)

Do beauty submissions need to be Cartel-specific, or can a public design submitted through the cartel be chosen?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I do mine in pale teal (colour 6).

Doesn't Harmony also make prismatic barriers?

• edited January 2015

Akhlumangchu

Syntax:
    MANTRA PRISM
    Power: 1 (any)

Type: Spirit
    Elements: Water, Metal and Wood

By blending the auric elements of water, metal and wood around you, you may call up a prismatic aura at any time for protection.

Aerotan said:
    6 isn't bad for it. I think most people will get what you mean for it without needing to explain it. (NPCs/Objects default to that colour, for reference)

Do beauty submissions need to be Cartel-specific, or can a public design submitted through the cartel be chosen?
    Last year's winner is a public design! Just be sure to have the designer name on the design and you can still submit it for beauty via the cartel you submitted it through.

Can you use lessonpool lessons to activate dormant skills?
    edited January 2015
    What are the adjectives at the beginning of mugwump, merian and taurian descriptions?

She is a <???> mugwump/merian/taurian and...
    I used to make cakes.

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Daraius said:
    What are the adjectives at the beginning of mugwump, merian and taurian descriptions?

She is a <???> mugwump/merian/taurian and...
    Merian is "noble". Mugwump is "glistening".
  • Noble for merian, and... glisenting for mugwump?
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    "Bullish" for taurian!
    edited January 2015
    Thanks! Follow-up:

Are racial specs capitalized in descriptions, or is it just "feathered cloud trill," "noble imperial merian" and so on? I could just look at some descriptions, I know, but if I log in again I will never finish these costumes.

Oop, found the answer in my logs. No caps.
    I used to make cakes.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    A follow-up: What are the adjectives for gnome and fink?

• smelly fink, puttering gnome
  • Fink and gnomes being races would be interesting. Hmm, would we get anew starting area?
    Then give the castle to the gnomes for their city and the caverns to the FInks for there city/commune?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited January 2015
    4.14.25 THE FINK RACE

Descended from the Elder Goddess Fininkora, the finks who came into being were somewhat twisted,
    being that Fininkora herself was mutilated in experiments by the Traitor Gods during the Elder Wars.
    In any event, they were born in the outer reaches of aetherspace, developing a strict matriarchal
    social structure. In aetherspace and environments where they thrive, they are extremely clever and
    make fearsomely fast warriors. However, it is known when confined to the dank tunnels of Newton
    Caverns, they dwindled to a more feeble race.

STATISTICS:
    Strength    : 14     Dexterity   : 19     Constitution: 15
    Intelligence:  9     Charisma    :  8     Size        :  6

ADVANTAGES:
      o  Cold Resistance, Lvl 2
      o  Asphyxiation Resistance, Lvl 2
      o  Turret Equilibrium Recovery, Lvl 3

***NOTE: FINK RACE IS RESTRICTED AND ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH AN ARTIFACT***
    5220h, 5400m, 5700e, 10p, 23400en, 24900w elrx-
    4.14.24 THE GNOME RACE

Descended from the Elder God Agnomenon, the gnomes came to being in the cold recesses of aetherspace
    rather than on the world of Lusternia itself. Remarkably intelligent, they developed aetherships on
    their own which eventually led them to found a colony in Newton Caverns. Smaller than dwarves,
    gnomes are great tinkerers and have an affinity with aethership travel.

STATISTICS:
    Strength    : 10     Dexterity   : 17     Constitution: 11
    Intelligence: 19     Charisma    : 12     Size        : 4

ADVANTAGES:
      o  Poison Resistance, Lvl 2
      o  Command Chair Equilibrium Recovery, Lvl 3

***NOTE: GNOME RACE IS RESTRICTED AND ONLY AVAILABLE THROUGH AN ARTIFACT***
    5220h, 5400m, 5700e, 10p, 23400en, 24900w elrx-