Family System - How it really works

The more I play Lusternia, the more confused I get about how the family system works. I was looking through all the family honours and I realized that Zada's great-granddaughter is married to Zada's mother. At the same time I noticed that someone with parents is bloodbonding with another person while it states in the HELP BLOODBONDING that they cannot be married (which that happens all the time) and they cannot have parents. How does the family system in Lusternia really work?

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2014
    When a daddy loves a mommy very much, he gives her twenty dollars....
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Who say's it does?
    A guildmate acted annoyed, and then said something to the effect of I was to old to be adopted. Even though the printed rules for adoptions say nothing about age, just that the adopter has to be married.
    Pretty sure the written rules(scrolls /helpfiles) are far out of date and haven't been updated.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Zada said:
    The more I play Lusternia, the more confused I get about how the family system works. I was looking through all the family honours and I realized that Zada's great-granddaughter is married to Zada's mother. At the same time I noticed that someone with parents is bloodbonding with another person while it states in the HELP BLOODBONDING that they cannot be married (which that happens all the time) and they cannot have parents. How does the family system in Lusternia really work?
    In the case of grandma marrying the great, great, great grandkid, it apparently happened because it was a bug (I was listed on her tree, she wasn't on mine). And we decided to just say 'Screw it. I wonder what happens if we try to marry each other.'. And it ended up being a bug that got dealt with.

The parents bloodbonding is also technically a bug that isn't a bug, that people use like that all the time. Once people found out it was possible they started doing it.

How does the family system really work? It doesn't :( It ends up being a case of do whatever the heck you can to get your family the way you want it, honestly.

• Just like sims. Oh, gosh, that can be good or really bad.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited December 2014
    Tylwyth said:
    Who say's it does?
    A guildmate acted annoyed, and then said something to the effect of I was to old to be adopted. Even though the printed rules for adoptions say nothing about age, just that the adopter has to be married.
    Pretty sure the written rules(scrolls /helpfiles) are far out of date and haven't been updated.
    If you think you have found your parents, one of them must, in the presence of 
    you and the other, do FAMILY CONSIDER <child>, and the consideration period 
    will begin. During the next Lusternian year either parent or yourself may 
    FAMILY REJECT <PARENT|CHILD> if any of you come to the realization that this 
    was a mistake. Both parents must be married to each other and, of course, at 
    least a 13 year span must be between you in age. Parents may only consider one 
    child at a time. Any child considered must have spent at least 75 Lusternian 
    days awake in the realm before they have enough experience to make a decision 
    as to whether this is truly their family.
  • I do feel like the scrolls need to be updated.
  • it does because both parents no longer have to be present now. only one does but! BUT!!! the consideration does not start until the second parent along with the child go to the hall of records (I think that is right) and do family consider and only then will it begin. this was changed because people complained that 3 people cannot always be on at the same time.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The second parent doesn't need to be with the child, just the first one does. It's really made it so much more convenient for people with different play times!

• Munsia said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Who say's it does?
    If you think you have found your parents, one of them must, in the presence of 
    you and the other, do FAMILY CONSIDER <child>, and the consideration period 
    will begin. During the next Lusternian year either parent or yourself may 
    FAMILY REJECT <PARENT|CHILD> if any of you come to the realization that this 
    was a mistake. Both parents must be married to each other and, of course, at 
    least a 13 year span must be between you in age. Parents may only consider one 
    child at a time. Any child considered must have spent at least 75 Lusternian 
    days awake in the realm before they have enough experience to make a decision 
    as to whether this is truly their family.
    We aren't that close in age(he's a little over 100, I'm under 50).

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    That's odd phrasing, but it's saying your parents have to be at least 13 years older than you. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited January 2015
    And be aware that if you aren't enemied to Hallifax, it's usually pretty easy to convince an Institute member to adjust ages. They can do changes of up to 20 years in either direction for each person. So there's some wiggle room on the ages if you need it and you aren't enemied.

EDIT: Or you could technically ask a Sentinel with aeonics, but you're not likely to have an easy time finding a Sentinel to help you.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • say oh, we already have a 50+ age difference, the real problem, I think, was that he's not yet married, and Lusternia is against single parent adoptions...

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe you two can bloodbond and start your own family?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • 1)That would make us siblings instead of parent-child.
    2) He's got a family, and I wouldn't mind joining it.
    3)I"m patient.

•  Oh, it turns out it's his SO who's a few years younger than me. SO the Aeonics advice is appreciated.