Oceanic Player Meet, 2015.

Hi guys! Given the success of our last player meet, we've decided to hold another one next year. Plans are not final in any way, because we want to get numbers first. 

Current thinking is Sydney again (due to it being most central to the largest amount of players who attended last time) and in probably mid June to mid July. It depends on when people are available. 

Please let us know now if you'd like to come along, so we have a better idea of options and pick a final date so people who need to arrange baby/pet sitting can do so early. :P 

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'll be there!

• I'll see what I can do... I do have to fly over from the other side of the country, so I can't guarantee anything
    Is also the Shintar.
  • You have at least five months to save up and sort your stuff. You'd better come! :P 
  • I'm assuming it'll be Cauthorn, me, Lavinya, Leolamins. Maybe Saran and Sotsepmet again too? :) Akyaevin maybe this time!
  • We also have a Nayl and a Laxinova. Maybe a Taevyn! Maybe a Caedryn! 
  • So far the vague plan is to arrive friday some time, check into the hotel, have dinner, maybe we can bring some movies or whatever. Saturday we might go to Supanova, as it's on the same weekend! We'll see what's going on during the day for this. Sat afternoon we can doodle around and visit the big bookstore again if we want. There should also  be ice skating because it's the Winter festival, and I've never been so I want to go! Sunday we wind down and go home. 
  • edited January 2015
    Supanova is both really cool and also really problematic. 

Just with the lines and the amount of stalls that Sydnova has now it's probably best to expect to spend most of the day there especially with the possibility of signed photos (let alone getting a photo with certain people) though that depends on who's turning up.

It can also take a while just to get in the door :/ Like to get in at 10am you'd want to have pre-ordered tickets and be there at least an hour early.

Not saying to not do it, but more that it's a whole day thing.
  • Yeah, my manager goes every time. I'd be pre-booking tickets and more going for the experience i think. It would have to be someone really awesome for me to want to bother getting photos. 
  • edited January 2015
    I've recently moved to Sydney and would be keen to catch up with some Lusternians!  
  • Sweet! Are you on Facebook? It's easier to invite people to the group to discuss things than remember where I need to update details. 

• edited January 2015
    Do we have many people more Melbourne/Canberra way? I'm keen to escape the island around March/April if people are keen to catch up that way around Easter-ish. Taetae I'm coming for that toblerone. ;)
  • Cauthorn and I are both in Canberra. :) The week around Easter though, we probably will be a bit further north, but if you came at another time we'd be around. :P 
  • Sweet. It doesn't have to be Easter weekend. If you pick a date that is good for you both I'll come up. I'll probably drive so anyone in Melbourne can ave a crazy Ena visit too. :) Where in Canberra? I'll warn the appropriate people I'll be stealing their beds. Heh.
  • We live in the Belconnen area. Also, jealous. I haven't been to Melbourne since I was a kid. I so want to go. 

• I am in Hobart. Just moved here a couple of months back. Was in Radelaide for two years and Canberra for eight before that. I grew up in Sydney/NZ and have done a few road trips. I'd love to get a Lust convoy organized. That would make my year! A girl can dream.
  • Haha, we should clearly do a road trip. 
  • Don't toy with my heart Nymerya. Hopes are high enough. :p
  • I would never. Cauthorn has been here since February and I haven't taken him to see any sights yet. :( And we don't drive, so we can't do our own road trip!

• Oh that is just depressing. Mt Ainslie at dusk is amazing and twice as good come nightfall. The 'beach' out at Tuggas is alright. Aspen Island (I got married there but shhh we don't talk about my beautiful stupidity) and the Com park. I'd love to take you guys around Canberra. Omg the lakes. I used to walk around them all the time. Although last time I was there Belco interchange was no longer. So I can imagine some other changes have occurred. Heh anyway I am getting way too excited. :)
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited January 2015
    Sorry, i'm out.  My priorities are paying off my debts and saving up for my long-term shift to the USA (current goal is to shift there by mid-2016 so I can stay with my fiancee until she graduates, then we decide whether we will remain in the states or move back to NZ).  Aiming to have around $10,000 saved up by then - an ambitious goal by any stretch of the imagination.  I better  get back to working on my book >_>

That being said, i'm a little sad that my aunt and uncle sold their holiday home at Phillip Island, was a lovely place to visit.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • That sounds awesome. Good luck with it all! :) 
  • We did take Cauthorn to the Telstra tower before my sister moved! it's rather spectacular up there. But we didn't get to show him much else. I'm the worst person ever!
  • Oh yeah I'm sure you are the epitome of evil. Actually....wait... ;) Seriously though it will be fun to come home and do something touristy. Do you...do you dance?
  • I took a Ballroom dance class two years ago, does that count?!
  • Mmhm. But not quite the dancing I was thinking of. Muahahahaha.
  • No dancing.
  • This sounds sooooo fun.

Do want.
  • Oh yeah I'm sure you are the epitome of evil. Actually....wait... ;) Seriously though it will be fun to come home and do something touristy. Do you...do you dance?

If I manage to come... Dance Battle?
    Is also the Shintar.
  • I don't know that Enadonella is going to be able to make the official meet.