Simple questions?

Comments

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I'm already saving the credits...

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Before the Coming of Estarra, did the mortals of the Basin know of the existence of the Gods?
  • Yes. And I assume you mean the Elders, not the Vernals. Remember, not all gods sharded at once, and the first few generations had a kind of ancestral memory of their time as a Divine. The histories make it pretty explicit that the Elder's Books are all records from interviews of the first generations.

This does not mean that the common person would know, of course.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus said:
    Can you use lessonpool lessons to activate dormant skills?
    Bump.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Can you use lessonpool lessons to activate dormant skills?
    Bump.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Nope, @Shaddus, you can't. I've suggested it before(in the forums), but it didn't fly.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Why doesn't the register button(for these forums) work?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Would anyone happen to know a word that means "at one with nature" or "at one with the universe"?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Nirvana means that, in its own sense.
    edited January 2015
    Enyalida said:
    Nirvana means that, in its own sense.
    ... can I get away with using Nirvana in Lusternia if I use a lowercase 'n'?

Edit: Found a word! Integrality. Close enough.
  • There's also serene or serenity.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    That sounds pretty mathematic. Maybe you could make up a word in one of the racial languages for it?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Daraius said:
    That sounds pretty mathematic. Maybe you could make up a word in one of the racial languages for it?
    You're right. Making a word / repurposing a word from a RL language into a new meaning. Thank you.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I feel like this will be an easy answer, but how does a guild access the stock/stockroom of their guild tutor?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I believe you need a key, would contact your Patron for help!
    edited January 2015
    Oh bugger, I was hoping there was an automatic way to do it.

EDIT: Or, I could have taken all of the keys I was given out of my pack and THEN tried to unlock the door, where I would have discovered that I do, indeed, already have a key. Hopefully, the other person asking me has a key somewhere :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Selenity said:
    Daraius said:
    You're right. Making a word / repurposing a word from a RL language into a new meaning. Thank you.

I can probably feed a Gaelic/Welsh word that might be an appropriate kenning at some point later today, now that I'm home.
    Enyalida said:
    Selenity said:
    Daraius said:

I can probably feed a Gaelic/Welsh word that might be an appropriate kenning at some point later today, now that I'm home.
    I found a word in Manx, actually, which existed without my modifying it at all. Which was awesome.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    What's the racial breakdown in the Vengeance scenarios of Magnagora, Celest, Glom, and Serenwilde? Hallifax has some diversity with trills and lucidians and one dwarf, but Gaudiguch is all dracnari as far as I could tell.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Hmm.. I'll have to take a look when I next play. I recall elfen and furrikin, though.

What's the typical going rate on the vernal set and the soulless set? Maybe not a simple question.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Question on the Dramube quest. Here there be spoilers, consider yourself warned.

I just want to know what I'm missing, since I've only gotten failure.

1. Kill everything that moves. Some need digging, some need flying.
    2. Read the boulder. Solve for the side of the right triangle that I don't have.
    3. Insert corpses into machine, get tokens.
    4. Put tokens into the slots to program the ship's movements. Try to go from corner to corner on the triangle. I've been putting tokens in such that the total number is the distance of that side of the triangle.
    --I've been putting in unnecessary turns at the end of movements if I need to fill up excess slots. This might be my problem? They're at the end so they don't change where the ship ends up, though.
    5. Get told to jump off because I did something wrong.
    6. There's probably syntax that I don't know how to get for making the pilot do his thing at each corner?

What am I doing wrong?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    Selenity said:
    What's the typical going rate on the vernal set and the soulless set? Maybe not a simple question.
    I don't know the actual answer to this, but I'll say that Soulless pieces/sets are probably going to be higher than Vernal.
  • Where does the Soulless set take you? While it's harder to get, the Vernal's exits-to-other-continents is pretty nice (especially for when you can't rely on rifts, like during seal challenge) and could conceivably drive the demand (and thus price) up.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I sold a semi-complete Soulless set to Camberre for 950 credits or something. It was missing Dark Diamond rare (toughest to get) and the Spine rare.

I know someone that sold a complete Vernal set for 1k

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    I sold a semi-complete Soulless set to Camberre for 950 credits or something. It was missing Dark Diamond rare (toughest to get) and the Spine rare.

I know someone that sold a complete Vernal set for 1k
    I find the Spine the rarest. Not so much as in drop, I don't know that any are harder to drop. But even those who wouldn't want the full set would be inclined to drop a good couple hundred or so for just the spine rare. Same assumption for me with the bracers, assuming anyone's who's regularly PKs and who's guild attack is div (points at Cantors) would like bracers over nothing.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Portius said:
    Question on the Dramube quest. Here there be spoilers, consider yourself warned.

I just want to know what I'm missing, since I've only gotten failure.

1. Kill everything that moves. Some need digging, some need flying.
    2. Read the boulder. Solve for the side of the right triangle that I don't have.
    3. Insert corpses into machine, get tokens.
    4. Put tokens into the slots to program the ship's movements. Try to go from corner to corner on the triangle. I've been putting tokens in such that the total number is the distance of that side of the triangle.
    --I've been putting in unnecessary turns at the end of movements if I need to fill up excess slots. This might be my problem? They're at the end so they don't change where the ship ends up, though.
    5. Get told to jump off because I did something wrong.
    6. There's probably syntax that I don't know how to get for making the pilot do his thing at each corner?

What am I doing wrong?
    I'm not sure if the unnecessary turns are an issue, that might be one, but once you reach the point Cayen should automatically pick up the diamonuts and encourage you onward.. You do need to greet Cayen to determine which way you need to go first (sometimes you need to orient the ship to the NW to start). I think you can see how the ship is currently oriented on the QL outside, though I think it defaults to north.
  • Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of Hallifaxians end up in Gaudiguch? Why??
  • Aruin said:
    Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of Hallifaxians end up in Gaudiguch? Why??
    They're having a midlife crisis. That or Crum is clearly bribing them with baked goods. Honestly though, no idea, but it does seem that org-hopping often happens between the opposing orgs.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Well, with Glom/Seren it's at least partly to do with them having skills that aren't in the city. It's cheaper on lessons to hop from Hartstone to Blacktalon, or vice versa, than to hop to a mage guild. Same for the wiccans and totemic warriors. The cities however, I would think that people changing would be more likely to go to Celest or Mag than to switch to the city they're directly opposed to...but there must be some reason I've missed if they go to Gaudi more often than the others.