Simple questions?

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Aruin said:
    Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of Hallifaxians end up in Gaudiguch? Why??
    Who jumped ship this time?  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If Daraius came to Gaudi, I'd just keep him happy with tea and meat-flavoured donuts.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • "Meat-flavoured donut"... now there's a euphemism in the making if I ever saw one.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited January 2015
    Crap, guys. We're tweeting. 

Can the Chancellor set the property value (and resulting taxes) for shops individually, or are they uniform?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    Crap, guys. We're tweeting. 

Can the Chancellor set the property value (and resulting taxes) for shops individually, or are they uniform?
    It's on a shop-by-shop basis.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Does anyone have the stats for Illithoid Dark Reapers? It's the only race spec I don't have yet.

• edited January 2015
    Like illithoid, but +1 to all. Same for kephera with the Zenobia bonus.

Apparently I am mistaken!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    edited January 2015
    Hmm. For some reason I thought Royal Kephera only got +1 bonuses to dexterity, intelligence and charisma.

EDIT: Yeah, just checked, Royal Kephera only get a +1 bonus to those three stats.

• Reaper Illithoid get +1 unweighted to dex, cha and something else, I can't remember what. Possibly intelligence, I suppose. (It's not +1 to all)

• Just clarifying: Lucidians who choose Aerochemantics don't become Prismatic Lucidians when they specialize, do they?
  • Following up: Aerochemantics does create a Prismatic Lucidian.
  • How high up in Cooking is the new cure? Viy hasn't updated his site yet :(
  • edited January 2015
    You have gained the following abilities in Cooking:
    Tasting             Your taste buds will improve as does your cooking skill.
    *Baking             Simple baking methods for breads and muffins.
    *Brews              Brew teas and other beverages, including ales.
    *Soup               Piping hot and steaming or cold and delicious.
    Sleep               Slip morphite into someone's soup for a few laughs.
    *Dishes             Some basic dishes that are quite appetizing.
    Botulism            The only way to serve food critics.
    Fortify             Fortify food and increase its nutrients with flax.
    *Pastries           These confections are redolent in culinary sin.
    Feed                Use your scraps to whip up a sack of feed for beasts.
    *Spirits            When ale isn't enough, you can distill the finest liqueurs.
    Portions            When you cook, you may create extra portions of food.
    *Cakes              Wonderful creations to celebrate birthdays or weddings.
    Piping              Embellish your cakes with frosted messages.
    Preserve            Preserved food won't spoil so quickly.
    Love                People will fall all over you with these cakes - literally!
    *Wine               The secrets of mulling fine wines.
    *Cuisine            These dishes make the mouth water just by the aroma.
    Wafer               Healing herbs baked into a delicious wafer.
    Miniatures          Cook miniature meals.
    Speed               Infuising quicksilver in your cuisine helps dexterity.
    *Delicacies         Prepare meals that are exquisitely exotic.
    Death               Obviously, it does not pay to cross a master chef!
    *Gourmet            Not just great meals, but works of culinary art.
    Constitution        Infusing allheale into gourmet dishes helps constitution.
    Constructs          Whip up a keg of pure nutrients, just for constructs.
    Dietician           By mastering your diet, you eat less often.
    HeroFete            A rare feast to send off a group of adventuring heroes.
    For (*), see RECIPES <ability> and RECIPES <ability> <recipe>.
    Otherwise, see AB COOKING <ability> for more information on an ability.

• So, after playing around a bit with cooking... Is there a trick to creating cooking curios, or are they just random (and rare)? I made 33 loaves of bread without getting a curio out of it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's random and way rarer than 33 loaves of bread will get you.
  • To bigger recipes have a higher chance of producing a curio, or is it even across the board?
    You have a chance to make a piece on the FIRST time you cook food in a Lusternian day. It's only a 5% chance, or 10% if you have a spatula.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Oh... So if I make a hundred loaves in a day, it doesn't improve my odds? Thanks! You just saved me from making hundreds of goods in an attempt at creating a curio piece.
    Nope, just the first piece.

And for reference, it's not the food curios that you can make bottles from to make crit food. It's some sort of cupcake sprinkles curio.
  • Shaddus said:

And for reference, it's not the food curios that you can make bottles from to make crit food. It's some sort of cupcake sprinkles curio.
    It is pieces for the crit food bottles that you get from cooking. The cupcake sprinkles is one of them (all four colours gets you the rainbow cupcake thingie).
  • edited January 2015
    In a somewhat related (read:completely unrelated) skein:

Do we know what 'culturally similar' communities we have? Like, if I need to refer to a particular language/dialect that is big on 'l'amour' and haute couture, I'm clearly talking about Delportian/Delport, and Shanthmark has a very sub-saharan Africa/Steppes of Mongolia feel to it, though Mongolia makes more sense since we also have a very Slavic Paavik. What are the ones we have established?

EDIT: on rereading, my initial phrasing seems a tad insensitive. I'm not looking to equate an in-game culture entirely to a real-world culture, just have a close enough analogue that I can say 'this style of thing from the real world could conceivably be from x place'. with regards to clothing/food/furniture styles so that I can include it without feeling like it's out of place in Lusternia.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Serenwilde is a good standby for anything Celtic-adjacent. Ol' Albion indeed.
    Thayan said:

Shaddus said:

It is pieces for the crit food bottles that you get from cooking. The cupcake sprinkles is one of them (all four colours gets you the rainbow cupcake thingie).

I stand corrected!
    Given that stars are really just suns that are far off, and There's only one Sun.... where did the stars come from? Does lusternia have constellations?

• There's explicit references to constellations, and an entire skillset with the In-Game zodiac. Or one of the two

I guess my second question was phrased wrong, but are any of our constellations named?

Zodiac doesn't really tell me much though, and it has no ingame connection to the stars. Are the Astrology spheres all considered to be what constellations Lusternia has?
  • Some of them. It's (presumably) the named constellations that lie on or very near the ecliptic belt.
    edited January 2015
    On a related note: @Darvellan's help scroll says one of his symbols is a six spoked helm. Is that just a nautical term meaning a ship's steering wheel?

(Don't laugh at me)
  • I thought it was a six-spiked helm too before someone told me it was a wheel, lol