Simple questions?

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    It is the steering wheel.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Good. It would be awkward to explain why this tattoo is centered around a six spiked gladiator's helmet.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Like in "Take the helm!". 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    Like in "Take the helm!". 
    What about "helmsman"?
  • What is 'stupidity' referred to within firstaid? Medic! keeps yelling at me that I misspelled something, and it only cures it occasionally.
  • Stupidity is an affliction that sometimes changes the commands you enter into gibberish (therefore interfering with your curing, attacks and everything). When your system tries to cure it, there's the chance it will fail because the command has been changed, and the game will tell you that you've misspelled something (because it thinks you entered gibberish).

• Lerad said:
    Stupidity is an affliction that sometimes changes the commands you enter into gibberish (therefore interfering with your curing, attacks and everything). When your system tries to cure it, there's the chance it will fail because the command has been changed, and the game will tell you that you've misspelled something (because it thinks you entered gibberish).
    firstaid add stupidity
    No such affliction "stupidity" found.

whatcures stupidity
    No affliction "stupidity" found.

is what I'm referring to - I can add other afflictions easily enough, but whatcures stupidity isn't providing any answers either even though it works for other afflictions. Then again, maybe the game's trying to subtly tell me something.
    edited January 2015
    The WHATCURES and WHATISCUREDBY commands are not working for afflictions that have been overhauled. This probably means that medic is not functional anymore.

Check AFF LIST for all overhauled afflictions. Focus mind and body still work - for now, but other cures for afflictions on those lists must be cured with overhaul cures, and will not be registered by FIRSTAID.
  • KolKol
    edited January 2015
    Enyalida said:
    The WHATCURES and WHATISCUREDBY commands are not working for afflictions that have been overhauled. This probably means that medic is not functional anymore.

Check AFF LIST for all overhauled afflictions. Focus mind and body still work - for now, but other cures for afflictions on those lists must be cured with overhaul cures, and will not be registered by FIRSTAID.
    That'd be my issue, then. I guess I'll have some coding 'fun' ahead of me - seemed silly that it was constantly checking 'whatcures' anyway, but I wasn't going to poke it if it worked. Thanks!
    What you might do is turn affmessages on and trigger it to sip lucidityslush.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Firstaid is being retooled (iirc) for the overhaul, presumably all of the old functionality will be restored - with a lot more added! Besides the obvious changes, a lot is going to be different 'backstage' in how afflictions are handled. Basically, things are going to be more uniform, so it should theoretically be easier to add in more support for the casual user.
  • Shaddus said:
    Given that stars are really just suns that are far off, and There's only one Sun.... where did the stars come from? Does lusternia have constellations?
    Are they? Red Star wasn't just some sun. Eventru said there were more about stars then we thought and Lord Darvellan Fulcrux and teachings suggest maybe more.
  • The Red Star also wasn't a star. It was the prison of the Lovers sent off, like, centuries and centuries ago, and whoops our gravitational pull or some shit pulled it back in. We put that in the sky ourselves.
    Feren said:
    Shaddus said:
    Given that stars are really just suns that are far off, and There's only one Sun.... where did the stars come from? Does lusternia have constellations?
    Are they? Red Star wasn't just some sun. Eventru said there were more about stars then we thought and Lord Darvellan Fulcrux and teachings suggest maybe more.
    Lusternia does indeed have constellations also, I want to add. If you make the splintered star curio show its ambient, you light up with the constellations of Lusternia. In fact, so does the night message.

NIGHT MESSAGE
    Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing 
    familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

CURIO MESSAGE
    Lines of power flare up along your body, connected by shimmering points of light.
    For a brief moment, your body becomes a canvas displaying the constellations of 
    Lusternia before the light flickers and fades away.

Also, we have things like the comet curio, and Darvellan's font is made out of meteorite.
    Feren said:

Shaddus said:

We would know more about his teachings if you guys would hold parties or something, or even post logs of rp with him :persevere:
    That's all good, but where are they named besides in Astrology?
  • edited January 2015
    I want to say one or two were mentioned in the Elder Wars, or in one of the Vernal books, but it's been a while since I read them. But I'm always a fan of the Voltaire-on-Star-Trek philosophy. If there is no answer, just make some $#%@ up.
  • In the Book of Mugowumpis, it's mentioned that Xyl named a sector of the heavens after the crocodile.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Tridemon said:

In the Book of Mugowumpis, it's mentioned that Xyl named a sector of the heavens after the crocodile.

Ahah, alright. That's generally what I'm looking for. Thanks!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Then of course there's the thing that Astral is named after Earth's Zodiac constellations, and has nothing to do with Lusternia's Zodiac constellations.

Which are, btw:
    Volcano         15 Kiani - 14 Dioni 
    Antlers         15 Dioni - 14 Vestian 
    Twin Crystals   15 Vestian - 14 Avechary 
    Dolphin         15 Avechary - 14 Dvarsh 
    Lion            15 Dvarsh - 14 Tzarin 
    Crocodile       15 Tzarin - 14 Klangiary 
    Burning Censer  15 Klangiary - 14 Juliary 
    Spider          15 Juliary - 14 Shanthin 
    Dragon          15 Shanthin - 14 Roarkian 
    Skull           15 Roarkian - 14 Estar 
    Bumblebee       15 Estar - 14 Urlachmar
    Glacier         15 Urlachmar - 14 Kiani 

• I wonder if there's not some overlap, actually. Like, Twin Crystals is another name for Gemini, or something.
    edited January 2015
    Aerotan said:

I wonder if there's not some overlap, actually. Like, Twin Crystals is another name for Gemini, or something.

That's kinda what I'm guessing.

Anyway, context is that I was designing a Darvellan-esque tattoo, and wasn't sure if we had defined, named constellations or not.
  • Shaddus said:
    On a related note: @Darvellan's help scroll says one of his symbols is a six spoked helm. Is that just a nautical term meaning a ship's steering wheel? (Don't laugh at me)
    It does mean a ship's steering wheel. I hadn't foreseen overly much confusion as the first result in Google (for Me) is such, but it seems the first thought for many in Lusternia is as a hat (which I have one now, by the way, that isn't a helm). It worries Me that My first impression arriving in the First World is one wearing a spiky wooden hat.  :ar!
    Darvellan said:
    Shaddus said:
    On a related note: @Darvellan's help scroll says one of his symbols is a six spoked helm. Is that just a nautical term meaning a ship's steering wheel? (Don't laugh at me)
    It does mean a ship's steering wheel. I hadn't foreseen overly much confusion as the first result in Google (for Me) is such, but it seems the first thought for many in Lusternia is as a hat (which I have one now, by the way, that isn't a helm). It worries Me that My first impression arriving in the First World is one wearing a spiky wooden hat.  :ar!
  • What is maxawp and awp in GMCP.Char.Vitals?
    Kol said:
    What is maxawp and awp in GMCP.Char.Vitals?
    Aether Willpower! It's used for performing tasks in an aethership!
  • Selenity said:
    Kol said:
    What is maxawp and awp in GMCP.Char.Vitals?
    Aether Willpower! It's used for performing tasks in an aethership!
    Explains why I haven't run into it yet, thanks!
  • Is that going the way of the dodo as well with the overhaul..?
    I suspect not. By and large, "normal willpower" is an attrition mechanism that serves little purpose at the upper tiers for balance. It's mostly just a bane for the littles with tiny wp pools that can't soak the losses from their bashing,and who don't have as much access to things like kirigami or refresh me. Aetherwill represents a real and present constraint on aetherbashing, one most people probably consider necessary.