Parent Skills

QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
Do Parant Skills still affect guild skills? Like Planar affecting Staff and Cudgel Damage, and Barkskin or Stoneskin DMP? That's how it worked back when Bodyscan first came out. And if so, does Combat affect Kata in any way? Like decreasing miss chance?

Best Answers

Answers

• Transparency on how this works would be welcome. Maybe @Ieptix can help with this? I'd be interested regarding kata for example, since trans combat is otherwise useless, but knowing it contributes even slightly to kata would make me want to trans it as some point. Some numbers on how strong the effect is that parent skills have would be great, too.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • This is interesting, and I would also like to know more about it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    By the way, Discernment definitely affects Psionics and a very large number of Psychometabolism skills. I got Psymet to trans and didn't get full benefit from any of it's DMP stuff until I also transed Discipline.

Then I got a Truefavour and my DMP for nearly everything went above the max listed in the AB files of the skills in question. Should I bug it? I thought I remembered being told that TFs doing that was intentional, back when we got Bodyscan.

Poke @Saesh?

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Qistrel said:

By the way, Discernment definitely affects Psionics and a very large number of Psychometabolism skills. I got Psymet to trans and didn't get full benefit from any of it's DMP stuff until I also transed Discipline.

Then I got a Truefavour and my DMP for nearly everything went above the max listed in the AB files of the skills in question. Should I bug it? I thought I remembered being told that TFs doing that was intentional, back when we got Bodyscan.

Poke @Saesh?

TFs do raise skills above trans, too. So chances are it works as intended... but might need to be brought up for the buffs overhaul when it does happen, perhaps.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    You should bug it. It should go without saying that the listed maximum for a skill should be the maximum for that skill, and it was intended to be the maximum for that skill.
  • Unless the AB was written to say that the maximum was merely the highest it could go, not that there was a mechanical cap to it. 
    Enyalida said:

You should bug it. It should go without saying that the listed maximum for a skill should be the maximum for that skill, and it was intended to be the maximum for that skill.

Would never end. For instance, a TF on an illusion user means that other illusionists will have a harder time dispelling said illusions... and that they have a higher chance that their illusions will not be seen through, too. Pretty sure that's been the case since before the beginning of time, too. :/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:

Enyalida said:

Would never end. For instance, a TF on an illusion user means that other illusionists will have a harder time dispelling said illusions... and that they have a higher chance that their illusions will not be seen through, too. Pretty sure that's been the case since before the beginning of time, too. :/
    I think similar instances have been fixed though. Wasn't traps changed to have transcendent as the maximum efficiency when it comes to disarming, regardless of any favours?
    Ssaliss said:

Elanorwen said:

Enyalida said:

I think similar instances have been fixed though. Wasn't traps changed to have transcendent as the maximum efficiency when it comes to disarming, regardless of any favours?
    Don't know. Haven't been keeping up with tracking. Could have been, I guess? If it is the case, then other skills should have that changed across the board.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Aerotan said:

Unless the AB was written to say that the maximum was merely the highest it could go, not that there was a mechanical cap to it. 

"The highest it should go", if it goes higher, it's a bug one way or another: typo or skill mistake.

Yes, both tracking AND illusions were changed such that TFs above trans skills did not increase the difficulty in removing traps/illusions. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    This isn't illusions, @Qistrel specifically said that the maximum DMP a skill is suppose to give as listed in the AB (like biofeedback is 20, depending on skilllevel) and with a TF, she was getting a greater amount of DMP than that listed maximum.

@Enyalida is absolutely right, if you're getting more dmp than the MAX, it's a bug, and needs to be bugged. It's nothing like traps or illusions, so I don't even know why that was brought up.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Traps, at least, can be used as a precedent of things that don't have TFs affect abilities beyond the cap, so they're relevant to the discussion in that regard. And if illusions are the same way, then that precedent is even stronger. Personally I'd love to see DMP not be affected by TFs going above transcendant; the favour alone gives a damage resistance already, in addition to higher stats, so extra DMP seems rather silly.