Simple questions?

Comments

• Not remotely.
  • edited January 2015
    Echo'd post, but I'll edit this one to clarify. 

It doesn't take much to read the city's logs. I'm fairly certain that novices can do it right out of the gate, but I know you don't need so much as a city favour to read the log. It's a simple command that anyone can remember once they learn it, and the arguments it takes are fairly straightforward. And I've seen time and again that even when people should read them, they often don't. That said, it's still not a bad place to leave notes that'd be irrelevant in a couple of days, as it's more accessible and more readily available than a project, and less permanent than, say, a news post.

On characters with whom I have writelog permissions, I usually use the logs to make quick notes. Things like favours owed, basic reasoning for disfavours doled out, reasoning for other things that show up in the logs like credit distribution or payments made or received, or adjustments that cost large sums of power or gold from a guild/city's coffers.

I also occasionally dropped a note in if I'd already done a guild rite that day, just so folks who logged in later would know without having to ask me.
  • Can Changeling cameos allow transformations into finks or gnomes as well?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    @Alaksanteri They can, but you need to buy the race first.

Can you sell printingpressed books in shops or via manse dwellers?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Portius said:

Can you sell printingpressed books in shops or via manse dwellers?
    Looks like you can! But the title doesn't show up in WARES. You have to probe it to see what you're buying.

I guess if you want to just sell copied books, you could make bins for various subjects and organize them that way.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Rhythmic drumbeats fill the firmament as red lightning flashes ominously.
    The steady beat of drums grows louder until it is nearly upon you, reaching the
    height of volume as spears of red lightning descend upon you and flood your body
    with agony.

Is this a god-zap? A generic demi-zap? A custom one? I'm trying to figure out who zapped me and why 10 seconds after I logged in. I didn't think I was around long enough to make anybody mad in that time! :)

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Lore question: What was Hallifax's role in the Nature Wars, if any?

Stage question: If I want to include a Greek style chorus in a play, how should I do it? I can define the chorus as a prop and use effects to make it do things, but is there a way to make a character that's really designed to be multiple people and have all the pronouns and such work out?

Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    edited January 2015
    Portius said:

Stage question: If I want to include a Greek style chorus in a play, how should I do it? I can define the chorus as a prop and use effects to make it do things, but is there a way to make a character that's really designed to be multiple people and have all the pronouns and such work out?

1. ???

2. It could work as a character, but that word after the character's name is always going to be a singular verb. You'll need something like "a chorus of masked loboshigaru" and not "multiple masked loboshigaru." The lowercase first letter is important if they're going to do any prepended says. You don't want something like:

As one, A chorus of masked loboshigaru exclaims, "What disastrous change since yesterday happened last night?"

If the character full name begins with a lowercase letter, it should be capitalized where it needs to be, and lowercase where it doesn't.

As one, a chorus of masked loboshigaru sings, "Maka, anyone who says you are not a clever man is a fool."

A chorus of masked loboshigaru dances in one direction, then the other.
    I used to make cakes.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Can Changeling cameos allow transformations into finks or gnomes as well?
    I make a fink.

Suddenly everyone wants one too!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Everiine said:
    p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Rhythmic drumbeats fill the firmament as red lightning flashes ominously.
    The steady beat of drums grows louder until it is nearly upon you, reaching the
    height of volume as spears of red lightning descend upon you and flood your body
    with agony.

Is this a god-zap? A generic demi-zap? A custom one? I'm trying to figure out who zapped me and why 10 seconds after I logged in. I didn't think I was around long enough to make anybody mad in that time! :)

I don't think that's a god zap. It's possible that this is a custom demi zap.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • You sure? Looks very Shikari to me...
  • Aerotan said:
    You sure? Looks very Shikari to me...
    Uh, shikari hasn't been active for a while....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Let a guy dream...
    I don't think it was a God zap, because I would assume I would've heard a voice or something afterward as they berated me for something I did (and in this instance, I honestly can't think of anything I would've done to make a Divine mad. This time.). This was just, Login, ZAP, nothing.

But nobody recognizes who it might belong to?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Portius said:
    At the time the nature wars happened, Halli was an ally to the HCE but not a direct vassal. The nature wars were of course between the HCE and the forests. I would wager that Halli took a more supportive role than anything else, but the only evidence I can think of offhand would be the scraps left in the eaf facility. One bit named the sources for some of the equipment, including one or two particularly complex machines produced by some Halli house or other. I want to say Pavok?
  • Everiine said:
    I don't think it was a God zap, because I would assume I would've heard a voice or something afterward as they berated me for something I did (and in this instance, I honestly can't think of anything I would've done to make a Divine mad. This time.). This was just, Login, ZAP, nothing.

But nobody recognizes who it might belong to?
    Could it be Avencha, the vengeance/justice system? Have you killed someone more than once lately?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Avechna sends "Avatar(s) of Avechna" who then murder you the old fashioned way and leave you peaced. The karmic seals hit you with a curse but not a zap, I think.
    Pretty sure that's an impossibility, given that I suck at combat, can't kill anyone, and dont' get involved in PvP except when Ev is duty-bound to do so--protecting Prime and Ethereal Serenwilde, villages are pretty much the only time this happens.

I assume it's a demigod who was looking for an easy target while bored. I just wish I knew who, because I can't stand not knowing >.<

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited January 2015
    That is not a custom zap, that is a choice zap. Therefore, it could belong to practically anyone and there isn't a way of telling.

https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/ChoiceZap
    It's #14.
  • Can you get curio pieces for making wafers? It does use the BAKE command, but it's not recipe-dependant like the other.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Tylwyth said:
    Aerotan said:
    You sure? Looks very Shikari to me...
    Uh, shikari hasn't been active for a while....
    I'd like to think Shikari still is around! Glom gods are Transcendent at lurking, you know. They like to lull you into a false sense of calm before ninja-rping with you! It's fun!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Have currently just under 1k credits, could hit 1k if I trade in some stuff, what should I buy? Also, what are the two best bubblixes to get?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.

Neos said:
    Have currently just under 1k credits, could hit 1k if I trade in some stuff, what should I buy? Also, what are the two best bubblixes to get?
    A life.

Rune.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:

Neos said:
    A life.

Rune.
    You've no room sir.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Vernal, but I think you have that. Pyramid, pathfinders, then whichever your org needs or where you go after flares the most.
  • Or Crumkandivia for the free snacks.
    Steingrim said:
    Neos said:
    Vernal, but I think you have that. Pyramid, pathfinders, then whichever your org needs or where you go after flares the most.
    Vernal?

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:
    Vernal?
    Vernal curio bix. +div dmp, +excorp resist, magic curio, faster travel in godrealms, exits to dio, chancel, icewynd, avechna, Lirangsha.
    Steingrim said:
    Neos said:
    Vernal?
    Vernal curio bix. +div dmp, +excorp resist, magic curio, faster travel in godrealms, exits to dio, chancel, icewynd, avechna, Lirangsha.
    I do not have that.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Cloth or flax comms to represent linen?
    I used to make cakes.