Design Contest. Round 1. Celest chair.

2»

Comments

• thing is, 29 IG years of design contests, had to be started sometime.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arimisia said:
    thing is, 29 IG years of design contests, had to be started sometime.
    Don't know, Perhaps it could've started with an organization that isn't as diametrically opposed to Magnagora, the D'Cente home, as Celest.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Its not about politics, I am not asking a Celestian to even design this, for all I know, a mag will design the best thing for Celest or the other way around. It really doesn't matter. Honestly, I would have done this contest in two, I would have done it Celest and Mag at the same time, however, Munsia is the one who kicked it off and this is how she decided to do it and Celest just happened to be first on the list.

Will say again, at the end of this project, this place will become a neutral ground as much as a player can make it. And having other players being able to help add a bit of the filler before that happens, ya, all we are doing here really.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

Arimisia said:
    Its not about politics, I am not asking a Celestian to even design this, for all I know, a mag will design the best thing for Celest or the other way around. It really doesn't matter. Honestly, I would have done this contest in two, I would have done it Celest and Mag at the same time, however, Munsia is the one who kicked it off and this is how she decided to do it and Celest just happened to be first on the list.

Will say again, at the end of this project, this place will become a neutral ground as much as a player can make it. And having other players being able to help add a bit of the filler before that happens, ya, all we are doing here really.
    Not blaming anyone or trying to cause discord here. Just pointing out an issue that might be causing the lack of submissions. The other thing to consider is that this is Ascension time and Beauty is one of the seals, so chances are a lot of people are saving their designing juices for that. I'd extend the deadline (Is there one? I couldn't design my way out of a wet paper bag, so it wasn't something I really looked very carefully at) until two weeks after Beauty submissions close, at least.

I do like this idea personally, and I'd even consider sponsoring a bit myself, feel free to contact in-game... Something else I'd like to add in regards to aethercraft for our admin coders out there. Is there a possibility that enemy status be made to affect PORTALS EXIT in any way so that say Hallifax could link their portals to a manse and then deny individuals that hold an enemy status exit to their portals? Just a thought... which would make this neutral ground even more possible with nexus linking to multiple organizations so that everyone can just walk in from their respective city should they feel so inclined to do so.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Wasn't this supposed to be an Aethership? Those don't get to link to multiple places anyway =(
  • we do have submissions as of now. I am not sure who all has submitted as I am not privy to that info so, do not go saying you submitted! However, if the turnout is not that we expected I will discuss with Munsia steps we can take including adding an extra year for the time being. We cannot have this dragging out too too long else its going to last until next ascension and I am sure no one wants to hear us that long.. or maybe they do? We are starting at the low end of the scale right now and will be working our way up to the bigger better ones as we progress.

edited January 2015
    Aerotan said:
    Wasn't this supposed to be an Aethership? Those don't get to link to multiple places anyway =(
    Pretty sure I recall a certain aethership that was linked to both Gaudiguch and Glomdoring back in the day. Have you tried?

EDIT: And so they can:

The Portals of Serenwilde.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. You see a sign here instructing you to use the PORTAL command to enter the aetherplex system. There is an aetherways portal here.
    You see a single exit leading out.
    8152h, 9194m, 7195e, 10p, 28173en, 32720w ex-portal enter <censored>
    You portal to <censored>.
    This room has not been mapped.
    Center of the meadow.
    8152h, 9194m, 7195e, 10p, 28173en, 32720w ex-portal exit hallifax
    You portal to the Portals of Hallifax.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Aetherships can link to as many places as a manse. They're just docked at one, the one they're docked at.
  • Docking a ship just changes where you default to with "portal exit"
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Going to make the official post in-game next month (Urlachmar), but essentially we didn't get enough submissions for Celest. We're continuing with the contest and putting Celest at the back of the rotation, since the judges won't judge until at least three designs are accepted. So, the one person who DID submit will have a chance to do so again, and the situation has been discussed with them.

This...will go on indefinitely, I presume. My benefactors are quite stubborn.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."