Ascension quiz 2015

2»

Comments

• I guess I'm a little salty cause those are the things I didn't bother to look over (I've already read them dozens of times, hurr durr, let me study the most obscure blargh). Stupid, stupid, stupid of me.

• I read over them. I just... y'know. Expected the questions to detail IMPORTANT DATES, and not include an obvious marketing ploy to get people to buy more Estelbar Fruit Juices.

Avechna sold out y'all. :D
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Some day, I'll sponsor an event through the Wyrden Blessings...
  • Daraius said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Some day, I'll sponsor an event through the Wyrden Blessings...
    Cosmic Hope 2.0, "Because The First One Turned Out Great."

You know...technically we did initiate it again when Illith was attacking the Megalith with her creche spawns >>
  • Aren't we all recreating Cosmic Hope when we go astral hunting? Bonus points if you crystalspin link/darklink etc.

• Maligorn said:
    Aren't we all recreating Cosmic Hope when we go astral hunting? Bonus points if you crystalspin link/darklink etc.
    I've always wondered over that. Why did the first attempt at linking bring about such drastic results, even though we continue it today? Basically Linking to a node by Ladantine somehow freed Kethuru by giving him an opening. Many theories can abound on this...in fact, perhaps i'll look into it.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Arcanis said:
    Maligorn said:
    Aren't we all recreating Cosmic Hope when we go astral hunting? Bonus points if you crystalspin link/darklink etc.
    I've always wondered over that. Why did the first attempt at linking bring about such drastic results, even though we continue it today? Basically Linking to a node by Ladantine somehow freed Kethuru by giving him an opening. Many theories can abound on this...in fact, perhaps i'll look into it.
    One would think that they were explorers and as such weren't prepared for the insanity that came with it, nor were they prepared to deal with astral plane negative effects like someone who has the planar skill to survive on astral does.

That said, nobody RPs astral insanity as well as they should. You're essentially insane, just throwing out random emotes isn't too big a deal, you should be doing things that are very far out of character. Go and randomly defile a shrine to your patron or something. :P

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • The thing is is that Ladantine actually succeeded, because each x link is 10 power to your nexus, and astral nodes recharge themselves indefinitely! But yeah, they weren't prepared for the fallout -- Kethuru, linked goats, etc.

• My understanding is that Kethuru back then wasn't quite as solidly sealed as he is now, and the linking Ladantine did woke him up in a way, causing him to reach out and taint the Megalith (and turn Ladantine into an ugly geezer) and all. After all, there was no mention of a second momentous event weakening the seals (was there? I can't remember) - that points to the fact that he was probably NOT as fully sealed as he is today behind the seals

Otherwise, a lot of astral bashes would become very ugly (literally) very quickly.

• Well, Magnagora was shown to be able to weaken the seals basically at will, when we let Kethuru back out to 'overload' Illith's worm-thing that was covering the Megalith and draining all our power. That's what the skull is in the Blasted Lands - popped that shit wide open and sent the skull flying all the way over there!
  • Umm, I thought Landatine linked directly to an imprisoned kethuru?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Marcella said:

Well, Magnagora was shown to be able to weaken the seals basically at will, when we let Kethuru back out to 'overload' Illith's worm-thing that was covering the Megalith and draining all our power. That's what the skull is in the Blasted Lands - popped that shit wide open and sent the skull flying all the way over there!

I'd assume any Nexus of power can basically weaken the seals, if used in a dramatic fashion. Heck, Gaudi and Halli's Nexii basically made the world turn inside out and froze time for a few seconds when they locked on each other, and in doing so basically smacked Kethuru back to Astral (though not sealed him).