Curio Exchange - A website to aid in the trading of curio pieces

Comments

• Donato said:

Is there an option available for people seeking other people who just want to help you out, for example? I have only 10 curio in total, and 8 are used up, so I have 2 floating around. I wish I had more, but I'm poor, so how can I search for people with the curio i want but without having to have one they own?

If anyone is curious,  I am seeking third and sixth pinch of powdered chocolate. Have
    ninth pinch of salt and fifth pinch of cinnamon to trade. 

Aww, no one has the pieces I want at all, or want the ones I have.
    List your chocolate pieces as wanted, and the salt and cinnamon as owned. On the trades page you should see everyone who has one of the two chocolates on their owned list. Likewise, in the other list, it will show you people who are after the salt and cinnamon. The lists work independently from each other, it does not try to do a perfect match. So for example, I may see that Neos wants two of my poteen pieces, but he does not have anything I want. Still, we could work something out. If you are just wanting to help, list what you have, and poke people you see need it, and let them give you whatever they like in return.

On that note, I'm going to implement 'profiles' at some point which would let you click through to someone's name and you can see their entire wanted and owned list. Not decided yet if I want to make a privacy setting for that or not. Would anyone object to their whole list being up for show? I'm thinking (and hoping, because that is extra work) not, but if anyone feels that option should be there now would be a good time to speak up about it.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    At first I was removing the pieces I had no intention of trading, but then laziness struck and I just stopped.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:

At first I was removing the pieces I had no intention of trading, but then laziness struck and I just stopped.

If you have multiple of a set you are building, combine them. You can always break the partial back apart.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Rialorm said:

Neos said:

If you have multiple of a set you are building, combine them. You can always break the partial back apart.
    I don't, only singles, and I keep adding more. I'm sitting on around 200 or so pieces, with so many being hair.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Thanks to @Vivet I now just need sixth pinch of powdered chocolate!
  • edited January 2015
    Next time I am on Donato I will see if I have it. I have given up finishing I think. To many people have what I need, but I  haven't what they need!

Edit: My inability to spell, strikes again!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Pushed a small update live, you can now see next to wanted or owned pieces of yourself or others when this record was added. Because I have no data on this before today, since the field simply didn't exist in the database and the code knew nothing about it, you will see all 'old' pieces with the default data of 01/01/1900 00:00:0.

Yes, I know, updating your wanted pieces will be a pain :( I've one suggestion ready which could help in that (importing missing pieces of partials) which I will prioritize as the next thing to do.

I'm also considering adding an "update date" button that becomes available when a wanted or owned record is older than x days, with a mass update button for all eligible records. Does that seem useful?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I cannot sign in after multiple attempts, and the validation thing it sends to my email always registers an error as well. Just a head's up for everyone checking my list, since people are starting to ask after things I no longer have now.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    All I need is the Frosty Mane base, and I'm willing to trade a multiple piece partial I have for it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I have completed the powdered chocolate curio. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Do I start again, and shorten my life span, or do I go for a different type of food.
    Now you need the other three in the collection
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    And it's alive!

I managed to log in again, and update my stuff. Unfortunately, it loaded twice so it registers that I have doubles of everything, but I can address that later.

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    @Vivet You have so much pieces I want...

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Vivet is the source of all curio completions!

• There are only three bits I need...and al of them are held by epople who don't log in, like Vumiri. Bah!
  • Marcella said:

There are only three bits I need...and al of them are held by epople who don't log in, like Vumiri. Bah!

You still looking for the knucklebone 5th?

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
    The people with pieces I need are usually around when I'm at work or asleep.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Updated mine. Sorry it took so long!

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    *puts up Qistrel's curio pieces on Website*

*website suggests trading with Nikkakorra*

:(

Trade with meeee if you can find me! I accept random things, not looking for anything really.
  • Vivet said:

Trade with meeee if you can find me! I accept random things, not looking for anything really.

Trades random cookie.
  • Xena made a guide which has a list of all the different food items. Does anyone have a link to it? I want to see all the different types.
  • Xena made a guide which has a list of all the different food items. Does anyone have a link to it? I want to see all the different types.
    http://pastehtml.com/view/denxiu7mq.html
  • edited February 2015
    Thayan said:

Xena made a guide which has a list of all the different food items. Does anyone have a link to it? I want to see all the different types.
    http://pastehtml.com/view/denxiu7mq.html

Thanks! Really helpful that is.

So I am collecting the guacamole bottle now because, hey it's cool and green. Perfect for hallifax, and I love quasadillas. I have these.

10769   Piece    Clove Bottle         Spice        Fourth Pinch Of Cloves
    13445   Piece    Cardamom Bottle      Exotic       Sixth Pinch Of Cardamom
    14648   Piece    Coconut Milk Bottle  Curry        Seventh Cup Of Coconut Milk
    15449   Piece    Salsa Bottle         Fiery        Fifth Cup Of Salsa
    16230   Piece    Garlic Bottle        Curry        Ninth Pinch Of Garlic
    19964   Piece    Cardamom Bottle      Exotic       Ninth Pinch Of Cardamom
    20056   Piece    Basil Bottle         Curry        Fifth Pinch Of Dried Basil
    20664   Piece    Ginger Bottle        Spice        Fourth Pinch Of Ginger

Thanks to @Talan I now have third cup and empty bottle. Please help! I do it for the taste.
  • It seems multiple people have reported problems with the jewelled dragonfly and jewelled lilly in the parser. If anyone has pieces of either set, please get me the line exactly as it appears on CURIOS PIECES so I can investigate what is going wrong there.

Also I will work on the site more soon, just some busy weeks coming up.
  • edited February 2015
    Victory, the issue with those damn jewelled pieces was resolved. Pieces were named correctly but the set names in the set table were missing an l.

Now, I'm trying to get a regexp set up for the matching of partials. Ideally I want to process a whole list. I can capture the beginning of each partial with \*+\[ PARTIAL ([\w\s-']+) \]\*+ but then I am lost on how to get the rest. What I need is the names of each piece + if it is complete or missing. Any regexp wizards fancy helping me out with this?

Nevermind, found a way to start parsing partials.
  • I've tried to sign up for the site, but never received a confirmation email (I have been checking my spam folder.) Is there a backlog of people waiting to be approved, or should I just try again?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I just checked the logs, and it seems your email bounced because you had a typo in the name. Try logging in with your username and password and it should send you an activation email to the right address.
  • Now seeking all but second, third and empty. I am just… my manse is filled with chocolate now.