Zombies and Undead

edited January 2013 in Q&A
With people becoming undead by being a lich or an archlich, why do we get attacked by zombies? Don't we both classify as undead, so that they should treat us like one of their own?

Best Answers

Answers

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I assume you mean the ones in the Waste Facility?

As in the ones Magnagora deemed too ugly (not everyone went Viscanti to the taint) to be seen wandering around and entrapped them out of shame?

Yeah, they don't like you much.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why should completely mindless and brainless undead care whether you are undead or not?  They just want your sweet, tender, decaying flesh.
  • That aside, I think if they're going to continue to wander into Magnagora/Hallifax, then they should get "attacked" by guards they encounter - the more guards in the room, the more quickly they die. That'd be a nice touch.
  • Quit posting your questions in Common Grounds. I'm tired of moving them, darn you!
    Eventru said:
    Quit posting your questions in Common Grounds. I'm tired of moving them, darn you!
    Outsource!
    I don't know why you flagged this back as a question again, it's been answered.
  • because I don't think it has. Zombies don't eat zombies, and I think it would be a nice flavor if the zombies that are released don't attack other undead creatures or players. I'm just interested in why it is like that though. If there is some lore behind it or something.. @morkarion his answer would have been closest, but zombies being dead shouldn't be capable of emotion.. blah
    ... no, it absolutely would not be nice flavour.

Why the heck should an organization be able to release the zombies, aggressive to everyone else, and then just ignore them?

Zombies also shouldn't be capable of reason.  What do they care whether or not the thing they are eating is undead or not?  It's mobile, it's moving, eat it!  I don't know why you feel like there needs to be more lore to it than that.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Sakr said:
    because I don't think it has. Zombies don't eat zombies, and I think it would be a nice flavor if the zombies that are released don't attack other undead creatures or players. I'm just interested in why it is like that though. If there is some lore behind it or something.. @morkarion his answer would have been closest, but zombies being dead shouldn't be capable of emotion.. blah
    Lots of dead/undead have emotions. All the major ones do! Look at Ladantine, he's an angry guy, isn't he?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited January 2013
    I'm sure I replied to this. Infact I'm certain I replied to this.

Edit: Turns out I did reply to this, I didn't realise that the answer gets shunted up to the top. Derp.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!