Looking for a Spouse

PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris.Circumstances
Yup, this thread was gonna have to get revived sometime, and looks like I'm the one doing it. This is the place to go when you want to up your odds of hooking a spouse for your character, since sometimes it's not all that easy. Don't worry, there's nothing to be ashamed of, we're all in this together.

--

I am once again hoping to track down a spouse for Phoebus. Yes, she's married right now, but her husband is inactive and it's time to move on. I'd just rather not get divorced only to still never be able to find her a partner. That would be even more depressing than a dead marriage. Unfortunately this makes it pretty darned awkward to be forward about wanting to re-marry!

Phoebus is interested in both men and women, of all races (trill or lucidian would be preferred, but not necessary.) Hallifaxian citizenship is required, however. You would also need to be down with marrying into house Windwhisper, no exceptions.

As a bit of a closet romantic, Phoebus is not looking for a loveless marriage agreement (that would totally make my chances of finding her a Hallifaxian spouse higher, but alas) and won't be marrying anyone she doesn't at least enjoy talking to. This means if we talk in-game, and we end up not getting along at all, or it's just sort of awkward and forced, no dice. But before you get any ideas in your head, no, she is a proper lady and will abide by nothing more than appropriately decorous exchanges of affection. Tut tut.

So yep, while this is pretty much the equivalent of writing out "I have unrealistic expectations here is why we could never get married", I have hope, dammit. Send a message along my way if you're interested.

Comments

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Astraea and I are starting an all female polygamy compound in Glom. Come join us.
  • Does she know about it yet?
    Who said she ever needs to.
  • Celina said:
    Astraea and I are starting an all female polygamy compound in Glom. Come join us.

:-<
    We'll need gay BFFs.
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    edited December 2012
    Update: Candidate found. This advertisement is no longer active.

Name: Zyphora Windwhisper

Race: Trill
    Affiliations: Hallifax/Aeromancers/Lady Isune's Order

Summary: Zyphora is seeking a long-term, active husband primarily in order to expand the line of Windwhisper.

Qualifications:
    • Candidate must be on good terms with Hallifax, and preferably from Hallifax or Serenwilde. No Magnagorans, Glomdorians, or Gaudiguchians (sorry!). Zyphora's beliefs and love for Lady Isune do not allow her to romantically fraternize with those marked by the Taint.
    • Candidate must marry into Windwhisper.
    • Our characters must be compatible in personality; she will have no cursing, crazy lunatic who throat-punches babies on a whim.
    • Speaking of babies, Zyphora is not particularly inclined to expressions of love that result in children. All babies will be adopted or brought by storks/abnormally large pigeons. Also, there will be babies.

So now that the stuffy part of the bio is over:

Marrying Zyphora is accompanied by various advantages, including but not limited to: free tailoring, free designing, a conversational partner, a hunting partner, and a loving companion who will laugh at your abysmally bad jokes. She will offer advice and encouragement when you are editing your literary, scientific, or artistic masterpieces. She will not force you to watch plays with her, but will appreciate your voluntary company.

Please contact by PM or OOC message should you be interested in joining our characters in wedlock.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Time to start bribing eligible men to join Hallifax.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    omg Zyphora what who is it
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.

Xenthos said:
    Time to start bribing eligible men to join Hallifax.
    Magnagora's got far too many eligible bachelors. They need to spread their love.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Looking for a husband for Vena. Preferably viscanti. Join the Feyranti and get an estate! You only need to be somewhat intelligent and utterly loyal to Magnagora.
  • Let's see. Here's an ad!

Majanishi is seeking a spouse!

Maja's infos:
    Org: Serenwilde
    Guild: Guard
    Personality:
    Well Maja is an optimist and always looking for the best in people, which can cause some problems. He's pretty laid back, strongly on the trek to demigod. That being said, he's not a huge combatant. Prefers to slay people with words. Maja wants to be friends with most people in the basin and hates getting enemied, though while he's benevolent toward Glomdoring in the hopes that they will see that the path of the Seren is better and will come to it. He's got some kids already from his second wife that he adores.

Looking for: Hallifaxian, Celestian, Mag, or Seren
    Requirements:
    Women only!
    Must be active, interesting, and involved.
    Prefer closer to Maja's age (~200) but I know that's harder to find these days. Essentially you just have to be old enough to adopt someone 40-50 or younger.
    Family Name/Idea: I won't be using Maja's birth name.. I'm hoping to start a new family name and eventually apply for Treeheart, so it helps if you are interested in a forestal historical family name. I don't know what the temporary family name will be, but that's something we can discuss.

Currently I'm planning on adopting Evali, a Hartstone. Would like to adopt a lot of children to help the family grow! Of anyone is interested, shoot me a message on here or contact me in game!

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • Majanishi should totally get on with Orti.

• But Orti is a dude! I listed Women only teehee. Lyethal's been after my hand in marriage too *smirk*.

Plus I want to start a new family name and Orti is Kalas, isn't he?

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
  • edited January 2013
    Majanishi said:
    But Orti is a dude! I listed Women only teehee. Lyethal's been after my hand in marriage too *smirk*.

Plus I want to start a new family name and Orti is Kalas, isn't he?

Orti is a guy, yes. But we could totally marry! No homo...

I can always start a family. Kalas is cool and all but you don't need to stay in your family

Don't think of it as marriage. Think of it as two bros broing it out and having kids together

• Orti said:

No homo...
    Orti said:

Think of it as two bros broing it out and having kids together

• Majanishi said:
    Orti said:

No homo...
    Orti said:

Think of it as two bros broing it out and having kids together
    I think irony is lost to you

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lyethal goes after everyone. Don't take it personally :P

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @Orti I'll take that as a good coverup for a sincere offer, even if that wasn't the way it was :p

• Lyria is looking for a spouse. Gender doesn't matter, age isn't really a factor. Must either be a member of Glomdoring or Gaudiguch.

Please be intelligent. Lyria isn't overly affectionate or loving, but she enjoys talking to her spouses, hunting with them, and other such things.

She is a transcendant tailor, an avatar of Nocht, has a manse, and some borrowable artifacts that she doesn't mind sharing.

Send a message IG if you're interested!

Lyria said:

Lyria is looking for a spouse. Gender doesn't matter, age isn't really a factor. Must either be a member of Glomdoring or Gaudiguch.

Please be intelligent. Lyria isn't overly affectionate or loving, but she enjoys talking to her spouses, hunting with them, and other such things.

She is a transcendant tailor, an avatar of Nocht, has a manse, and some borrowable artifacts that she doesn't mind sharing.

Send a message IG if you're interested!

How -you- doin'?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lol! Doing fine. You?
    Not bad, glad to see you're back again.
  • Thanks!
  • Lavinya said:
    Seeking a spouse for Lothringen. (In before he kills me)

Gender doesn't matter, race doesn't matter (unless you're a gross merian, elfen or kephera), can be ugly as sin, mute and deformed, so long as you are a kickass pker, interested in all things pk, and enjoy moonlit walks along the beach (followed by the slaying of a Celestian). Must be willing to join the d'Murani family, preferably are a Magnagoran. Must be able to withstand mild hazing from distantly related by marriage aunt type person.

Pros - Married to Lothringen. As adorable as they come!

Suitable applicants should send their interest to me so that I may select one and inform Lothringen of who he is marrying.
    I'd hook up with Loth, except for the teeny tiny problem of him being my son. While our mutant children might go unnoticed in the throngs of Viscanti it would still be unseemly. 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Incest is totally acceptable (theoretically) in d'Murani, right?

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
    Incest is totally acceptable (theoretically) in d'Murani, right?
    Works for n'Lochli at least.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Don't even get me started about the incest in the Nightshades. Our family tree is an ouroboros. 

(And I love it)
    It makes me cry