Fink RP and Lore

Comments

• Slivven ARE renowned for causing massive aeon.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Should I be putting on an accent?

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nah, I'd just rock what you have going right now and see how it develops.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Qistrel said:

Should I be putting on an accent?

Prepend every say with qualifiers of how stinky you are.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Smelling of raw filth, Nikkakorra says, "I love slaughtering innocent kittens!"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If I ever did fink RP, I'd probably wear copious amounts of perfume that would combine with the stink into something horrible. Crow belch except worse.

edited February 2015
    I've gone for smelling very, very musky, to the point of it being a bit unpleasant. Though there is strong evidence that the stink is mostly from the Newton finks not bothering to bathe.

Finks can be pretty decent looking depite the lack of hair. Like smaller, pinker, muskier dracnari.  Some even have sexy, sexy bat-wings.

edited February 2015
    What's the tail situation on a fink? Very important.
    I used to make cakes.

Geeze, Daraius. She's not even interested in guys.
    Qistrel said:

I've gone for smelling very, very musky, to the point of it being a bit unpleasant. Though there is strong evidence that the stink is mostly from the Newton finks not bothering to bathe.

Finks can be pretty decent looking depite the lack of hair. Like smaller, pinker, muskier dracnari.  Some even have sexy, sexy bat-wings.

I don't know that there's a lot of rp, but maybe finks exude some sort of musk/oil from their pores, and the ones in Newton just don't cleanse themselves enough.
    Daraius said:

What's the tail situation on a fink? Very important.

I'm not sure. I originally just assumed they had them, but not a single description of fink NPCs ever mentions a tail, so I think that means they don't?
    Shaddus said:

Actually, my characters are usually bi. Qistrel had some bad experiences with men, so it would take an exceptionally great guy to interest her. Nikk is purposely avoiding romance.

Shasha I don't know if you've noticed but I'm kind of irresistible.
    I used to make cakes.

Loboshigaru are totally not my thing.

Qistrel said:

Shaddus said:

Actually, my characters are usually bi. Qistrel had some bad experiences with men, so it would take an exceptionally great guy to interest her. Nikk is purposely avoiding romance.
    I was teasing Daraius. I knew what he meant :P
  • Have you read that logbook in Divinity?
    @Enadonella Not shore where it is/how to get in.

• edited February 2015
    Let's make it happen. :)
  • Marcella said:

I love what you're doing, btw, by being the first fink to you know, RP.

Yeah @Arcanis when are you going to start being the first gnome to RP? HUH?! (Joke over heh).

I like where fink RP seems to be going. 'We can build cool stuff too you know.'

Maybe even add in something like 'we can build cool stuff but it doesn't last as long' or a sort of bumbling inventor alongside the gnomes with their 'BLUEPRINTS'.
  • Ventidius said:

Marcella said:

I love what you're doing, btw, by being the first fink to you know, RP.

Yeah Arcanis when are you going to start being the first gnome to RP? HUH?! (Joke over heh).

I like where fink RP seems to be going. 'We can build cool stuff too you know.'

Maybe even add in something like 'we can build cool stuff but it doesn't last as long' or a sort of bumbling inventor alongside the gnomes with their 'BLUEPRINTS'.

I made gnome furniture. Im done for the year.
    I was trying to go for 'I can see how it works by looking at it' but then @Ventidius was all like 'This is not how Magnagora engineering works noob.' :((

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I feel like the spirit of fink engineering is best captured by the classic TV show Junkyard Wars.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I think we're trying to turn finks into goblins from WoW...with moderately fewer explosions, anyway.
    I wasn't going for that, not on purpose anyway.

• edited February 2015
    Qistrel said:

I was trying to go for 'I can see how it works by looking at it' but then @Ventidius was all like 'This is not how Magnagora engineering works noob.' :((

I totally did not say it like that! It was more like I tried to help her by using an analogy with food and then suddenly she was like OH MY GODS YOU ARE SUCH A RACIST FINK ARE NOT ALL ABOUT STUFFING THEIR FACES FULL OF FOOD ASSHOLE X(

Like, woah. Calm down it's just an analogy.
  • I meant more Vent's suggestion of 'cool but short-lasting'. It might be interesting to see a focus on bio-organic engineering rather than just 'reverse-engineered/scrapyard engineering'. Don't know if that's something that can really be done with Lusternia, though.
  • edited February 2015
    I meant more Vent's suggestion of 'cool but short-lasting'. It might be interesting to see a focus on bio-organic engineering rather than just 'reverse-engineered/scrapyard engineering'. Don't know if that's something that can really be done with Lusternia, though.
    >Bio-organic engineering.

That is basically what Geochemantics is. (Plus bio-organic engineering is how aetherships work)
    :-S

Clearly I need to wkr double time on my Geochem bible.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Portius said:

I feel like the spirit of fink engineering is best captured by the classic TV show Junkyard Wars.

God, I miss that show :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I actually completely forgot that Aetherships are space-whales and not metal-and-glass affairs. But yeah, what I meant was essentially something like directed zerging. ie: growing your ship's tech. Like, 'oh, I need a bigger hull, better have the ship store more fat/grow a tougher hide' 'I need more storage, let me grow an extra stomach in here.' 'I need moar dakka, better improve the ship's synapses and reflexes.'
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Well, they can be metal and glass affairs, they'd just need to be hitched to said space-whale, like that Dr. Who episode.