Simple Ideas

Comments

• Could seasonal quest announcements please be paired with some explanation of where to find the NPCs? Like, where is Dolly, where are these lovelorn, ect. I've never bothered with this one before so I have no clue. Imagine the frustration of a new player. And don't say that asking others is an option, because there might very well be nobody online. Also, is seduction even the right attack? Because all I got is my head patted. No clue to tell if they've been done (analyze doesn't work) or if they are broken or what. Please, can we have stuff like this not frustrate the fuck out of people to the point where I just log off and go find something else to do?
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Step one: Find Lovelorn (mountains and highways).
    Step two: GREET them.
    Step three: Influence with seduction and you'll get a letter.
    Step four: Give the letter to Dolly, who is at Avechna.
  • A pointer to Dolly in the announce post might be a good idea, yeah. I didn't think about it much, because I saw her on my way somewhere else, but yeah, I wouldn't have known what to answer if someone had asked me otherwise.

• Yeah. It's one of those cases where she's always been at Avechna, so people might not reflect much over the fact that it's not mentioned.
  • Ssaliss said:

Yeah. It's one of those cases where she's always been at Avechna, so people might not reflect much over the fact that it's not mentioned.

Which is actually slightly suspicious. I wonder if this ms. Dolly isnt hiding something.

Additionally, I'd like to please reiterate my request for a BEAST RELEASE command. I really dont want to kill off one of my beasts that I do not want, especially with it being a wyrm...and as you know, I cannot sell or trade it to someone.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Of course, if you get it, it's likely to have a message like "You rudely release your beast, dooming it to death in the wild." or something, like bond dismiss.
  • Ssaliss said:

Step one: Find Lovelorn (mountains and highways).
    Step two: GREET them.
    Step three: Influence with seduction and you'll get a letter.
    Step four: Give the letter to Dolly, who is at Avechna.

New idea: Ria should not log into the game to hastily do something when already in a bad mood. I entirely missed the greeting bit. Duh. Thanks.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I actually walked all the roads last night because I had no clue where Dolly was. I eventually found her, but yes, just because this little quest has been around for ages now, don't presume everyone will know it intimately, older player or new.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    The ability to transfer gold outside your home bank straight to the main account for orgs please.

Also, Elemental Lord dolls.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Neos said:

The ability to transfer gold outside your home bank straight to the main account for orgs please.

So, puddles, pet rocks, candles, and air? We already have those.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aerotan said:

Neos said:

So, puddles, pet rocks, candles, and air? We already have those.
    Yeah, but he wants dolls of them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Neos said:

What would they say? None of them really have...personalities...as far as I know. At least, definitely not those for Fire and Air.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Water Lords have...well, something approximating a personality, at least. When I get home I can share a couple of (crude, ms notepad) logs of conversations with Eventru about them.
  • Skerriagh's kinda a jerk, frankly. <_<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:

Skerriagh's kinda a jerk, frankly. <_<

It's more accurate to say that Skerriagh's apparent personality is an echo of the ethereal and emotional flotsam of a lot of jerks. Seriously, the elemental Lords and Ladies are essentially a paradigmatic expression of aspects of their elements because of things associated in abstract ways with those elements. 

In New Celest they pay reverence to the wisdom of those elementals, actually the collected wisdom of diverse individuals who left an impression on the plane of Water.
    In Magnagora they seek to use the power the Elementals represent to further their own goals.
    In Gaudiguch, they seem to be aware that they are merely reflections of self-imposed paradigms.
    In Hallifax [redacted] the [redacted] of the [redacted] and [redacted][redacted] soup.

I may have said too much.
  • Well, I think it's safe to say that the Wind Lords mimic the first Aeromancers and Aeromancers thereon and therefore have personalities of those people. There's a cold, fierce and imposing one, a healing, gentle one, a floral and oriental beautiful one, and a dry and hot one.

Archmage Tyilee Fairquillion was just the "uberbitch scientist" type and decided to quarantine them and make the general view of them negative, which probably inhibited their development.

• It's not terribly hard to get a handle on what Hallifax thinks of the Air Lords- if you fix the plinths, one of them is of the Archmage who dealt with their formation.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    The aforementioned Tyilee. Who was a total bitch. I really don't like her.

EDIT: Not just because she's the cold, pragmatist type, but rather because I think she used really bad science and allowed emotions of contempt to guide her decision with the Wind Lords. /forumrp

EDIT 2: And I'm pretty sure everyone agrees with me about Tyilee, especially current Aeromancers. We could even have an event changing our policy about them...ohohohooo.

• Maligorn said:

Well, I think it's safe to say that the Wind Lords mimic the first Aeromancers and Aeromancers thereon and therefore have personalities of those people. There's a cold, fierce and imposing one, a healing, gentle one, a floral and oriental beautiful one, and a dry and hot one.

Archmage Tyilee Fairquillion was just the "uberbitch scientist" type and decided to quarantine them and make the general view of them negative, which probably inhibited their development.

Psst, there are five of each of the Elemental Lords/Ladies.
  • Except one is nowhere to be found. I claim shenananananigans.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Really, if anyone has ANY idea whatsoever where our fifth is, I'd love to know.

But done derailing now. At least on this page. Maybe.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • I bet the fifth one is the infamous cat in the sphere.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2015
    Pff screw air lords. The other four need to be put to better use too.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    Eritheyl said:

Really, if anyone has ANY idea whatsoever where our fifth is, I'd love to know.

But done derailing now. At least on this page. Maybe.
    He's in Crumkane's oven.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Hawt.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I like the Tide Lords more than the Supernals and would rather have dolls of them if I had to choose. It's not like it'd be difficult for the admin to flesh the elemental lords out and give them appropriate things to say.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    If we really don't know where he is, I'm voting the admin give him to Gaudiguch to execute people with.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Well, mainly because I want the Wind Lords to have more development, is the reason. So we -don't- just have two lines of wisdom. Actually I think it's one line of wisdom and one "why the fuck are you here, trying to talk to me" line.

An argument for the Master Crystals is even worse. They give literally zero advice and have amazing names that ultimately mean nothing because no Researcher has written about the "Beryl Sphere of Vindicated Convergence" or the "Onyx Sphere of Quantized Equilibrium" or the "Amethyst Sphere of Transcendental Originations".

(Listen up admin, 50 point Knowledge quiz question name all the Master Crystals with their full name)

EDIT: Just because it's different lore doesn't mean it's good lore. It's frankly lazy lore in my opinion.

EDIT 2: And I mean lazy lore, as in not including the [data redacted] and the [data redacted].

• Maligorn said:

no Researcher has written about the "Beryl Sphere of Vindicated Convergence" or the "Onyx Sphere of Quantized Equilibrium" or the "Amethyst Sphere of Transcendental Originations".

(Listen up admin, 50 point Knowledge quiz question name all the Master Crystals with their full name)

Dibs. At least this one isn't likely to contain a pun.