How to successfully request Divine assistance/interaction

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering what tips or protocol we have for how to go about requesting help from our wonderful Divine upstairs. I know many of You are busy with Ascension at the moment, but I would love to hear from You on how we as mortals can get your attention for things, without appearing to look like we're nagging. How is it done?
Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
-
A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
-
I write things

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I've historically had good results by just showing up at their fulcrux and politely asking for them. Prayers, if it's something slower.

If you want them to animate an NPC, my understanding is that you say TO the NPC and all the admin will hear it, but I'm not 100% certain on that.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    You know what would be useful for this, now that @Isune mentions it? A list of which gods are open to OOC messages for that sort of things, and which would prefer we didn't do that. I feel awkward OOCing people I haven't met in an OOC clan already. Guessing some godly types would rather avoid that, though. It'd be convenient for me, at least.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • When I message Morgfyre, it literally brings back his message-text as "Morgfyre considers messages OOC."
  • Isune said:

[@Isune said in part:]
    Letters are good too but sometimes they decay before we receive them, so be aware of that when you're mailing if it's urgent.
    Maybe that could be looked at? One preference would be letters in the mail not decay at all. I suppose it might be a problem with players who never login again (but there could be a mail system check to delete letters > n days). Perhaps, letters only to admin wouldn't decay? Or behinds the scenes letters to admin could be set to 180 game months (aprox 6 RL months)? Seems there might be a way to make the mail take into account admins who are taking a short break.

I usually try to follow up a letter with a prayer, but it is a bit awkward to refer to letters as "watermarked with '234242'".

I wonder if it might be useful to allow people to search letters/stationary by seal? Then I could say I sent a letter bearing my seal and have more confidence it wasn't being lost in a stack of letters.

P.S. If you get a letter with a hummingbird in it, I'm only returning your creation. Unfortunately, seems I have to kill it first to get the postmaster to take it.
  • Steingrim said:

Isune said:

Letters are good too but sometimes they decay before we receive them, so be aware of that when you're mailing if it's urgent.
    Maybe that could be looked at? One preference would be letters in the mail not decay at all. I suppose it might be a problem with players who never login again (but there could be a mail system check to delete letters > n days). Perhaps, letters only to admin wouldn't decay? Or behinds the scenes letters to admin could be set to 180 game months (aprox 6 RL months)? Seems there might be a way to make the mail take into account admins who are taking a short break.

I usually try to follow up a letter with a prayer, but it is a bit awkward to refer to letters as "watermarked with '234242'".

I wonder if it might be useful to allow people to search letters/stationary by seal? Then I could say I sent a letter bearing my seal and have more confidence it wasn't being lost in a stack of letters.

P.S. If you get a letter with a hummingbird in it, I'm only returning your creation. Unfortunately, seems I have to kill it first to get the postmaster to take it.
    Let me rephrase:

Sometimes I have so much spam I don't notice a letter has arrived.

And then the letter decays in my inventory and that's wildly embarrassing.

Letters themselves actually cycle back to whoever sent them if it's been...I want to say ten days, without a log in from the receiver? (Belated thank you to @Iosai)
  • Isune said:

Let me rephrase:

Letters themselves actually cycle back to whoever sent them if it's been...I want to say ten days, without a log in from the receiver? (Belated thank you to @Iosai)
    Thanks. I think that reply is worth two hummingbirds! ::ducks::
  • edited March 2015
    Isune said:

Steingrim said:

Isune said:

Let me rephrase:

Yup, 10 days.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited February 2015
    When I sent those anti- @Darvellan letters to everyone important in the Basin, i got them bounced back after 10 IG months of that guy not logging in.