Full Skill List

You should be able to not only look at the skills you already possess in a skillset but also what skills you can learn. All you would have to add is a command that lets you see the full list.

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Hi!

First off, welcome to Lusternia.

Trust me, we've all asked for this numerous times. We've asked for this among many other things we deem as "easy" or "needed", and it never gets added.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Thank you.

And really? Is there any reason for it? 
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Not that they've told us. I think it's more of a "You can find it online, so it's not a priority right now" kind of deal. It might very well be a coding issue for all I know.

You might try this website for a pretty complete list. He's recently started playing after a short hiatus, so it may be out of date on a few minor things and percentages, but it's pretty decent.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Yeah I've found a site that I can use for this but it seems silly that it isn't in game. It would be so much more useful to have it in game. Especially for newbies like me. 
  • Xielpages are the best 
  • I don't remember if this was ever cited as a reason, but there's a school of thought that some things should remain hidden until you uncover them. That said, since Lusternia's system for lessons is such that you can easily make a major mistake, it probably should be the case that you can see all skills (unknown ones could be grayed out) and probably should be some notation of where they are in the skill rank.

Messing around with guild skills, it is a pain to convey this information and even if we do it starts up taking quite a bit of room in the ghelp files.
  • If I remember correctly, it would require a rework of the code for how skills are handled(not sure if right word choice) in the game...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    While we're generally not told why, we are always reminded: just because it may -seem- easy to us, from an outside perspective, doesn't mean it actually -is- easy for our coders to do. There was a recent example (can't remember which) where an admin walked us through the process of one of our "easy" changes to show us just how difficult it was to change.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I believe it was Mysrai for the gender? Not sure.

As an example of how this might be done, without knowing how Rapture handles skills:

The way that would make the most sense to me for skills is that each player has a table of "skill:value;skill2:value;skill3..." and when you make a call to a skill's function it checks to see A that you have the skillset (healing, tarot, tailoring, etc) and then enough lessons to use that ability (CURE ME SENSES, FLING HERMIT AT GROUND, SEW 21998, etc.). If you do, it fires the ability, if not, you get the "No such command" errors.

If this is the case then when you AB the skill.lessonValue would be compared to a table to return whichever skills you have access to, and any call for AB would need to also return a separate list of skills that are above that number if we wanted a full skill list rather than the current style of lists. 

While that looks fairly straightforward, even if that IS the way it's coded, it'd require a new call in at least one major function, and likely more than just one, as well as safety measures to stop the new code from shattering unrelated things to tiny bits.