Amended Combat Overhaul!

Comments

• Known issue for post-overhaul afflictions. Use AFFS INFO <whatever>, or AFFS LIST for the full set.
  • Qistrel said:

So, been using the 'firstaid add <affliction>' and the 'firstaid curequeue' to cure myself of stuff.

But now I'm getting:

-firstaid add scabies
    No such affliction "scabies" found.

Is this a bug, a known issue that is gonna be fixed at some future point, or is firstaid just not gonna be used anymore?

FIRSTAID on its own will still work though (at least I think that part was fixed).
  • On a different note, now that potions are starting to become obsolete... Have there been any thoughts on how to handle those? When it comes to herbs, they still have some use, but not so much for potions and salves. Will there be some kind of conversion, or will they just become defunct?
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    As far as I can tell, every herb is used as an ingredient in making one of the four cures.

• That's why I pointed out my question was about potions and salves :D
  • So, with the recent update a minor question - is 'crotamine' still an aff (for things like Nekotai that still use it) that is cured by antidote?

• edited March 2015
    well, technically, they just changed it's effect. So, I'd assume it still cured by the previous cures , unless they've specifically said otherwise...
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Ayisdra said:

So, with the recent update a minor question - is 'crotamine' still an aff (for things like Nekotai that still use it) that is cured by antidote?

Yes, though it is only deliverable by finalsting, and only until the relevant envoy report is finished.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Also, Crotamine isn't on AFFS LIST, so I think it's safe to assume it hasn't been converted to the new system, but rather keeps its old cure, yes.
  • Ieptix said:

Ayisdra said:

So, with the recent update a minor question - is 'crotamine' still an aff (for things like Nekotai that still use it) that is cured by antidote?

Yes, though it is only deliverable by finalsting, and only until the relevant envoy report is finished.
    Can't Trickster still delivery it, as it were?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Surely crotamine-poisoned food would now give the sip malus? And trickster isn't giving anything directly, just forcing somone to eat a poisoned food?

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    What's going to be our approach for restorative ice affs? Are some cures going to be delayed to replace the regeneration salve effect?
  • Odds are that's still left on their "have to figure it out properly" list, which is also likely the reason they're starting the second phase before finishing the first phase.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Do you guys know if the different levels of cold, burns and the ablaze affliction will exist post-overhaul?
  • I'd assume they would (otherwise it would change quite a bit). Impossible to say for sure at this stage though... They're all external afflictions, and so far it seems They have a hard time figuring those out.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I do believe burn levels were slated to stay. The discussion happened when the argument for/against cloud coils came up.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • So, as someone who just sat down to play Lusty for the first time this year, which news posts and help files should I be reading to get a vague understanding of the overhaul (read: vague, not too in-depth, just getting re-acquainted, ogod what is this new feature when I just had to re-learn how to use doors?) 

What is the current go-to HELP CURELIST?
  • I'm not sure if HELP CURELIST is updated, but the overhauled afflictions are found in AFFS LIST. AFFS INFO <aff> will tell you what the new cure is. I made a post in this thread not long ago regarding which ones were replaced, and what they were replaced by.

Also, as a heads-up, the next step of the overhaul will be to change DMP to a tier-based system instead of the never-ending additions that are today, but that's probably a couple of weeks ago at this point.
    Will less than 100 weight resistance tattoos do anything after the overhaul? I had been thinking of putting 50 weight in a couple of resistances, at the moment they'd give 5 DMP instead of 10. Or is this more a 'talk to you envoys' thing?

• Given the way the system is set up, the equivalent of a 1/5 (proposed) weight is probably going to require 100-weight, and given that we can't split the 1, less than 100 weight is probably not going to do anything. Of course, if the admin come out and say they'll give 1/5 to 50 weight, I'll be jumping for joy, but for now, I'm working on the worst-case assumption, which is 100 weight -> 1/5.

I've put up a report for the april cycle to address the issue of having much less options for less than 100 weight tattoo power options, and my solution is to raise the 759 weight cap to 800, hopefully it'll get passed and it'll be easier to plan defensive/offensive tattoos. That said, if you have other suggestions, feel free to talk to your envoy or send me a message as well, we're certainly open to hearing anything.

• Saesh said:

If we keep the speed defence, which I don't plan on removing, it will most likely be rolled into a skill in one of the existing skillsets rather than keeping it in vials. Or perhaps we'll turn the truetime enchantment into the defense. 

Fire and frost will most likely be going away, and compensated for in the new buff system. 

Allheale is undecided. Unsure of how we are going to work in antidote, it will still be around in some form.  

I want to revisit this.

While I get the idea is to remove various potions, I think in this case the solutions are worse than the cures.

If the goal is newbie accessibility then potions are easier to deal with than skills and enchantments. Potions are easy to stock, enchantments less so. Thematically, I like the idea of it being rolled into Truetime, but then it becomes a required enchantment and TrueTime is a tinker enchantment. This is a shift from something widely and easily available to something significantly more expensive and difficult to find and obtain.

Making some of the potions, skills, can work -- supposing the skills aren't placed too high in the trees. Thought since you'd likely have to be on bal/eq winds up being an additional nerf.

• Steingrim said:

Saesh said:

If we keep the speed defence, which I don't plan on removing, it will most likely be rolled into a skill in one of the existing skillsets rather than keeping it in vials. Or perhaps we'll turn the truetime enchantment into the defense. 

Fire and frost will most likely be going away, and compensated for in the new buff system. 

Allheale is undecided. Unsure of how we are going to work in antidote, it will still be around in some form.  

I want to revisit this.

While I get the idea is to remove various potions, I think in this case the solutions are worse than the cures.

If the goal is newbie accessibility then potions are easier to deal with than skills and enchantments. Potions are easy to stock, enchantments less so. Thematically, I like the idea of it being rolled into Truetime, but then it becomes a required enchantment and TrueTime is a tinker enchantment. This is a shift from something widely and easily available to something significantly more expensive and difficult to find and obtain.

Making some of the potions, skills, can work -- supposing the skills aren't placed too high in the trees. Thought since you'd likely have to be on bal/eq winds up being an additional nerf.

You might not have to be on bal/eq. See: insomnia. But yes, moving them into skills would only be better if they were low enough in the skill; I can see both Fire and Frost being relatively low in Environment, requiring 20-30 lessons, but definitely no more than 100 (and 100 would probably also be pushing it).

I also agree that enchantments, and especially tinkering enchantments, aren't very easy to come by. This could be solved by making enchantments stockable by themselves instead of having to first put them on items and then selling those, which is an idea pitched more than once. Until that point comes, though, making enchantments required probably isn't the best route to go.

I'd also be all for removing both Allheale and Vitae, btw.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I think stating vials are more accessible than skills is absolutely unfounded. Skills are always available, they require no maitenance. Vials have volume limits and decay. No one anywhere (who isn't completely arbitrary) thinks liquid rift is less accessible for newbies than juggling and refilling 20+ vials. This is nonsense.
  • Except skills take lessons to learn and vials can be bought.
  • Ssaliss said:

Except skills take lessons to learn and vials can be bought.

Should skills be used, Discipline could also be looked at for some skills instead of Environment. Neither effects me personally, but I suspect there's far more lowbies and midbies with more in discipline than Environment. Discipline also seems to be losing more skills (I think). Thematically, I could see Discipline being sort of a Qi/Ki/Chi/psi type skillset where most of the skills are a form of bodymastery. Also, given that most guilds already seem to require 25 lessons into it, hopefully there it wouldn't be as costly.
  • Oh yeah, Discipline sounds good too. Frankly, I don't care if it's put in Weaponry either, as long as it's not too far in. Most, if not everyone, can spare 40-50 lessons to get some extra defs.
  • I have a random question that I'm not certain is addressed.

For those of us that have maxed out our Healing skill, how will this affect us? The majority of healing seems to be dealing with a high number of conditions, will it basically go to one skill curing one group of conditions, and succor showing which group that is?
  • Xanward said:
    I have a random question that I'm not certain is addressed.

For those of us that have maxed out our Healing skill, how will this affect us? The majority of healing seems to be dealing with a high number of conditions, will it basically go to one skill curing one group of conditions, and succor showing which group that is?
    Bump for an answer to this please? Yes, necro, but inquiring minds want to know.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer.
  • I have a couple questions.

I heard ecto is specifically being removed, rather than all cleanse cures. What is the logic for this? Mucous and sap, for example, are other cleanse cures that have significant effects. Why are those staying? Ectoplasm has already been converted to the new weighted system, and from testing it's proven to be somewhere around 25% as effective (ecto no longer doubles bal loss, or even close to it). That reduction means the nihilist class is largely ineffectual in killing now, and on top of it ecto is being removed the rest of the way but not all scrub cures?

@Ieptix what will happen to the deathmark wound curing malus under the new system? (Pre-overhaul, I understand that it was a straight % malus based on mark level.)