Font of Voice

LuceLuce Fox Populi
So, I'm writing something for the stage (no really, @Daraius, I swear I am!) and wanted to ask something kinda sorta related to that.

If your character's (or someone else's character/a celebrity's) voice was a font, how would you describe it?

For example, Luce's voice is a small, unobtrusive print. Probably a sans-serif font, but not a monospace or terminal style. 

I picture both @Isune and @Drocilla as speaking in different shades of a fanciful script, almost calligraphic. Lots of little flourishes and sweeps for Isune, and quick, sharp jabs and peaks in Drocilla's.

In my mind, @Crumkane's font is one of those fonts originally used on birthday cards, with little dots and flourishes and simple shapes in all the capital letters, and serifs everywhere.

Christopher Lee would be a bold, serif typesetting, possibly a block-letter even. Lots of broad lines and deep strokes, but all quite controlled.

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2015
    Precise, refined, and utilitarian.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2015
    I'm not sure this counts as a font so much as a cutesy little word-doodle, but this fits for my image of Eri's voice. Wispy, loopy, whimsical but pretty.
    Bonus Tomo font:
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne

:-S

• edited March 2015
    Tengwar for Arien, and the Eldar language for @Lisaera, which is probably a modification of this.

Edit: Arien's voice is like a river. So the strokes of Tengwar are really representative of that.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • edited March 2015
    Edit: Double post due to bad wi-fi. Sorry.
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited March 2015
    Trem has a really pretty voice, I mean she does do opera in her spare time. It matches her handwriting (which I also picture to be this and would write in it for all my bardics and books if I could.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Drocilla said:

Drocilla's font is full of beautiful, elaborate lavender lines until the ink turns to blood and the quill scratches paper in rasps with sharp lines of her fury.

Huh, what a coincidence.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Darvellan said:

(The font name is actually called Stars, but I couldn't resist! http://www.fontspace.com/house-of-lime/stars )
    Hmm... no one else is gonna make the joke? .... All right then. 

... My god, it's full of stars.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Luce said:

Wow, this thread went better than I thought it would. @Maellio is that High Gallifreyan? 

Certainly Gallifreyan, in so much as it was one of the images that came up when I google searched it >.//.>

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    So you're saying you're bigger on the inside?

Am I doing the Maellio is fat jokes right?
    Segoe Script. Soft and gentle, but slightly unintelligible.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited April 2015
    Oops, broken!