My beast may or may not be better than your beast!

Comments

• No, only with fae loyal to Faethorn. Garden fae don't work, neither do entourage fae.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2014
    Wait did I ever post my glorious goldilocks gryphon?

a tawny gryphon with grey-feathered wings

With grey-feathered wings unfurled, a tawny gryphon is here, surrounded by a halo of white light.

This legendary, kingly creature is a beast bred to possess both the upper build of an eagle and the lower build of a lion, bearing a lithesome body covered in short, tawny fur as he stretches on his powerful hind-legs. In contrast, his avian head is feathered, two long and elegant plumes tipping his ears as they attend to every sound, his cerulean eyes shining with quiet serenity. Soft, downy feathers of purest white form a regal crest, not unsimilar to the effect of a lion's mane. Enormous, grey-feathered wings protrude from his back, unfurling with grand purpose to double his already impressive span of length. His white-furred tail whipping about restlessly behind him, he clenches and unclenches his front talons, surrounded by a halo of white light. He is called 'Shantu.'

Some might consider him boring, but that combination of features is so perfect for Daraius. :x Apparently he could have had a matching aura of effortless serenity too, but I'd burned so much zimoru to get the tawny fur/grey feather combo I didn't want to chance another.

For posterity's sake, here is his incredible original form, which I was very tempted to keep, but couldn't think of an RP avenue to justify it at the time.

a bone-white gryphon with skeletal black wings

With skeletal black wings unfurled, a bone-white gryphon is here, exuding a blood-flecked aura of suppressed violence.

This legendary, kingly creature is a beast bred to possess both the upper build of an eagle and the lower build of a lion, bearing a lithesome body covered in short, bone-white fur as he stretches on his powerful hind-legs. In contrast, his avian head is feathered, two long and elegant plumes tipping his ears as they attend to every sound, his eyes glowing a soft red. Soft, downy feathers of purest white form a regal crest, not unsimilar to the effect of a lion's mane. Enormous, skeletal black wings protrude from his back, unfurling with grand purpose to double his already impressive span of length. His white-furred tail whipping about restlessly behind him, he clenches and unclenches his front talons, exuding a blood-flecked aura of suppressed violence. He is called 'Shantu.'
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    With silken wings dusted with rose quartz unfurled, a violet gryphon is here, enveloped in a perfumed, lavender mist.

Shantu was straight up embarrassed looking like that! Now he's at the perfect middle ground between that and his original form, and he's got grey feathers like all the best winged Shevats.
    I used to make cakes.

• Meh, mine aint too shabby.

a scarlet manticore with a wispy white mane

An impressive specimen of a manticore queen, this scarlet, lionesque creature towers over her
    surroundings with unfurled skeletal black wings, grinning to reveal three gruesome rows of razor-
    sharp, crystalline teeth. She tosses a wispy white mane
    with a disdainful snort, its colour gleaming against the fur that covers the entirety of her
    muscular physique. Her bloodshot eyes gleam with a predator's killer instinct, wildly darting from
    one place to the next. She somehow possesses, against all
    reason, a barbed scorpion's tail, glistening with venom. She is called 'Gamme.'
    A scarlet manticore with a wispy white mane looks to be crushingly strong.
    She weighs about 125 pounds.
    </RANT>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    That manticore suits Delphas so well. Refined fur and mane and a little bit gruesome and viscious.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I am now jelly of @Irillia (Although my parrot is still a cute lil' fuzzball, so who knows... maybe I get prettier!)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Isune's order beast I assume? What sort of innate skills did it come with?
    Chirping, flitting around the room, and preening.
    I used to make cakes.

edited March 2015
    Daraius said:

Chirping, flitting around the room, and preening.

Along with pleasant chattering and nuzzling.

Beyond that, innates not that great because it has a combo of PvP and PvE skills as opposed to being specialized in only one aspect... but hey, everyone loves @Isune, so everyone got a parrot and is now experimenting with the zimoru.

EDIT:

A purple paradise parrot

Colourful and exotic to behold, a purple paradise parrot preens purple-feathered wings here, fluttering red streamers dancing about her form.

Every colour the sky has ever known ornaments this extraordinarily colourful, purple bird, whose rainbow plumage shimmers as if newly painted by the Gods. She raises her neck proudly to reveal the deeply turquoise plumage of her breast, a colour which sharply contrasts against the scarlet feathers on her legs and the yellow of her underbelly. Her sapphire eyes darkening to a twilight blue, she fans out an impressive tail that doubles her entire length, each slender, elegant plume painted a brighter shade than the last. She idly preens purple-feathered wings with her strong, curved beak, which shines a lustrous pearl to match her leisurely curling talons. Her rare beauty unquestioned, her avian silhouette is outlined by fluttering red streamers, dancing about her in sporadic arcs.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    So, no actual info on what it comes with.  Meanies.  :P

Not that I'm interested in getting on myself.  I despise parrots.  I'm always just curious to see what the divine dingbat beasts get.  Need to know so I can be super jealous of Isunites like I am of Morgy's poos (I refer to him as Morgypoo in my head, not sure why, just gotten stuck in there like that).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Why can't you just say what the inherent's are? 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

Why can't you just say what the inherent's are? 

It's a secret! /forump

Mount, Fly, Hypnoticgaze, Heal Health

• Parrot time is here!
    Lots of parrot cheer!

I have more zimoru'ing to do before I achieve parrot perfection, but here's a highlight from yesterday's round: (They're all pretty though!)

a deep indigo paradise parrot

Colourful and exotic to behold, a deep indigo paradise parrot preens blue-feathered wings here, tongues of dawnfire dancing about his form.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You might just buy a chemset to make it faster :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Dawnfire, shadowfire, divinefire, baelfyre, whatever happened to regular fire.

Why's it all gotta be edgy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Skysilver, voidcopper, zigzagivium, celestial gold, Nifilhema nipple ring iron, the list goes on..
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The beauty of the English language. So prettyyyyyy.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Of course @Zyphora has literally the most perfect and most Isune parrot that could ever exist, ever.

hnnnNNGHH SO JELLY.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Shaddus said:

Skysilver, voidcopper, zigzagivium, celestial gold, Nifilhema nipple ring iron, the list goes on..

You forgot ebonsteel!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Shuyin said:

Dawnfire, shadowfire, divinefire, baelfyre, whatever happened to regular fire.

Why's it all gotta be edgy.

Also, Celest has regular fire. Except it's water.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Can we have frostfire? I'd like some frostfire.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Tridemon said:

Can we have frostfire? I'd like some frostfire.

Nooooo, all you get is frostkindling... which is cold/blunt. :D

A lot of zimoru-play later...

A jewel-toned paradise parrot

Colourful and exotic to behold, a jewel-toned paradise parrot preens deeply turquoise wings here, prismatic shards of stained-glass dancing about her form.

Every colour the sky has ever known ornaments this extraordinarily colourful, jewel-toned bird, whose rainbow plumage shimmers as if newly painted by the Gods. She raises her neck proudly to reveal the deeply turquoise plumage of her breast, a colour which sharply contrasts against the scarlet feathers on her legs and the yellow of her underbelly. Her amethyst eyes glassy with romantic notions, she fans out an impressive tail that doubles her entire length, each slender, elegant plume painted a brighter shade than the last. She idly preens deeply turquoise wings with her strong, curved beak, which shines a lustrous pearl to match her leisurely curling talons. Her rare beauty unquestioned, her avian silhouette is outlined by prismatic shards of stained-glass, dancing about her in sporadic arcs.

Preceded by prismatic shards of stained-glass, a jewel-toned paradise parrot with deeply turquoise wings arrives from the up in a graceful descent.

Raising her neck with regal hauteur, a jewel-toned paradise parrot flaps deeply turquoise wings and soars elegantly off to the southeast, prismatic shards of stained-glass chasing her form.

• I have a fire wyvern!

A dark obsidian wyvern with blood-streaked velvet wings

Glorious, sunset-hued flames spiral up and around a dark obsidian wyvern with blood-streaked velvet 
    wings as she breathes them into being, causing the flames to dance around her in a colourful display.

Serpentine in her lissome build, this wyvern stands upon two powerful hind legs, preceded by a set of front legs that are smaller, but clawed and savage. Her dark obsidian hide glistens amidst skittering gold sparks, her scales ever-wreathed in a sweltering heat that leaves the colours hazy and rippling like a desert mirage. Muscular and slender, the wyvern bares sharp fangs, expelling a puff of hot air with her long snout as she flaps blood-streaked velvet wings. She flicks her tail idly, blue eyes alight with cunning. She is called 'Wessex.'
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    So they aren't all wine-coloured...I am now re-interested in them.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."