Curio Exchange - A website to aid in the trading of curio pieces

12346»

Comments

• Deploying updates at 2AM like a boss. There is now a new option called "import wanted" which you can feed your partials from CURIO SHOW PIECE to. It will add all missing pieces as wanted, skipping over the completed ones. You can add several at once. Do include the header and trailing dashed line or the site will whine at you for doing it wrong. As per usual, if this new feature doesn't seem to work, message me or post here, and be sure to include the partials that aren't working so I can test with your data :)

@Donato: Mind using a separate trade thread for trading? Appreciate the extra attention but this is thread is for the website really. Am however glad to see it is helping you!
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:

Deploying updates at 2AM like a boss. There is now a new option called "import wanted" which you can feed your partials from CURIO SHOW PIECE to. It will add all missing pieces as wanted, skipping over the completed ones. You can add several at once. Do include the header and trailing dashed line or the site will whine at you for doing it wrong. As per usual, if this new feature doesn't seem to work, message me or post here, and be sure to include the partials that aren't working so I can test with your data :)

@Donato: Mind using a separate trade thread for trading? Appreciate the extra attention but this is thread is for the website really. Am however glad to see it is helping you!

Will do.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Hey, Rialorm, always loving the website. I have a small feature request! Can we have the ability to search player names and see their entire list of curios?

Also, been having trouble with these:

The following piece(s) do not yet exist in the database: Maiden Mask Maiden Left Cheek, Dancing Skeleton Upper Body.

The CURIOS PIECES output is as follows:
    9557    Piece    Maiden Mask          None         Maiden Left Cheek
    30479   Piece    Dancing Skeleton     None         Upper Body

If you need anything else, let me know!
  • Also:
    6282    Piece    Scholar's Notepad    Scholar      Pages 61-70

• Thanks @Rivius and @Ssaliss, those were data corrections. Did receive a bunch of new pieces by message, thanks to those who keep sending me them <3

Rivius, noted down your suggestion. When I implement 'profiles' there will be a page with all player names, where you can go to their wanted and owned list. Names next to pieces will also link to that profile. So there should probably not be a search needed as the list won't be too long. Still, I've added a note on it to the todo item, in case I implement this differently. I've also bumped that up at the next thing to work on, but it will be a big update, so that may take a while. Still, thanks for suggesting what might be useful, do keep doing that :D

Made a new update today as well, namely the ability to refresh the last updated date on wanted and owned pieces. This so you can easily see in possible trades who might still have the biggest chance of having a piece. You can do individual pieces or multiples at once.

You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited March 2015
    I haven't tried logging in for a while now, but today I get a big fat error -

Error.

You must have a confirmed email to log
    on. The confirmation token has been resent to your email account. It may
    take a while to arrive. Please check your spam folder as well.

Hopefully the email arrives soon as I really need to update my pieces so as to not give false hope to people. But given I haven't changed any of my details, this was strange!

EDIT: Ok got the email and all is good, though I thought you might like to know this little bit appeared at the top of the confirmation page -

{
    ViewBag.Title = "Confirm Email";
    }

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    The following piece(s) do not yet exist in the database: Relish Bottle
    First Squirt Of Relish, Princess Marionette Strings Of A Princess
    Mario, Bronzed-Brown Finger Base Of Bronzed-brown Finge.

• You never activated your account since I put in email confirmation, hence you had to do a one-time activation now so that in future you can benefit from password recovery through email. I just decided to force that on everyone to save myself the headache when people eventually forget their passwords or would like to change them. That said, good catch on the code error, it seems some of it decided to poof (read: I probably derped and deleted it and never noticed). I also added those missing pieces. Enjoy, let me know if you break anything more ;) (that is good, means I can fix it)

• Hi! Is there any chance you could include the id numbers of the pieces that we currently own please? :D Thank you!!!
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Also, could you place the Wanted and Owned lists in like...different tabs? Instead of the Owned being on the bottom part of the page? My Wanted and Owned lists can get pretty long...
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • Both are great suggestions. Noting them down.
  • Hi there,

Just wanted to take a moment to mention how much I love this website. It isn't perfect, and I had a few hangups getting registered a couple of months ago... but I really appreciate that you have spent so much time putting it together and improving it. It's a really amazing resource that has completely changed my perspective on curios. So, thanks for doing this!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Words are cheap. Shower her with credits. :D

Kidding, of course. But seriously, even though I don't use it since I got out of curios, it's been neat to see it improve.
  • Tarkenton said:

Words are cheap. Shower her with credits. :D

Kidding, of course. But seriously, even though I don't use it since I got out of curios, it's been neat to see it improve.

Rather money if you want to shower me with anything. There is a Paypal donation button on the website for that, all the money goes to hosting. Bill is about 5 euro a month. Had one month donated by someone thus far.
    Kalliste said:

Hi there,

Just wanted to take a moment to mention how much I love this website. It isn't perfect, and I had a few hangups getting registered a couple of months ago... but I really appreciate that you have spent so much time putting it together and improving it. It's a really amazing resource that has completely changed my perspective on curios. So, thanks for doing this!

You're welcome. It's just an idea that popped into my head one day, and I decided it would be great for a code portfolio in addition to helping the community. I've also learned a lot about how different user experience can be compared to how I imagine it. There's a few 'power users' who really amaze me with how many pieces they have and what unique challenges that brings :D
  • Since I am no longer reliably checking the forums nor my messages, I have implemented a contact form on the website. Please use that from here on until I indicate otherwise. Do continue to send me missing or incorrect pieces, suggestions, questions, or declarations of love ;) I will also be messaging those who sent me ingame messages because they might not be reading this. But that is really the last time I will message anyone until such a point where I'd continue to play again. For now though, that is highly unlikely. But we shall see what the future brings.

I will also in time put a changelog on the website so that you can see what has changed, which will eliminate the need for this forum thread entirely.

So again in short: The website will continue to run and be updated. I am not playing, not checking the forums and not reading my messages. Use the contact form provided on the website to get in contact with me.

Thank you all for using and sharing the site and finding it useful, and contributing through providing information and / or donations. I am glad that this random idea I had has become such a great project.
  • Just quickly chiming in to point out that the changelog is now live. Keep sending things through the contact form. I've not yet added the things I received from that, only what I still had in my messages and forum PMs. Rest will follow when I next find a little time.
  • I am going to say, thanks for the changes to the website!

And I just updated all 612 'pieces' on the owned part, and I have a ton of things I am looking for-for those of you still using this!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've put my current parts up as well. Feel free to hit me up.
  • And it looks like it didn't take but half of that 612? Here is a the pastebin link the ones it said were not in the database.

http://pastebin.com/ajQB381U

The top half of that are all the regular curios and half of the 62 rares are listed on the bottom half.

I will not sort them for you!

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.