Guild Artifacts?

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited January 2013 in Ideas
Just an idea I've been chewing over that I'm throwing out for feedback and tweaking, I was thinking about suggesting the idea of Guild Artifacts.  Functionally they would work similarly to personal artifacts except rather than being tied to one person they could be anchored to a room in the guild armory - possibly with a longer reset time or set to reset when the person QQ's.

Obviously certain personal artifacts in existance would not make good guild artifacts since it would render buying personal artifacts completely redundant (so no doctoral cords or anything like that), but some artifacts in existance like the censer would definitely be useful if they could be deeded to a whole guild instead of to a single person.

I'd be willing to accept suggestions as to artifacts that would make for good guild artifacts, but one of the big ones off the top of my head would be the censer artifact/s, another one is possibly a modified version of the pyramid artifact (instead of resetting once per weave, it resets when it returns to the anchor point, meaning that someone who grabs it late in the weave is not stuck with the anchor points that were set by the first person to grab it after it reset, or maybe to prevent abuse it remembers each persons anchor points for the weave)
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    They're not going to let you deed artifacts because it counters the entire point of buying artifacts; if you can just go grab the censer from the guild library, why would you bid on one in an auction?

It's been suggested before, but it's just not really feasible I think.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    As I said in my post, it is more for things that may be able to better the entire guild (and would be priced as such, or maybe use an entirely different currency) - i couldn't really see any of the personal artifacts being made as guild-deedable, the only reason I really suggested the censer is because they are already incredibly rare, only available when the divine decide to put them up for auction.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    But that's why they sell in the auction!  If they weren't rare, they wouldn't be able to auction the things.
  • We definitely won't do guild artifacts of that nature, it's been asked before. Though I suppose if you begged and pleaded, Estarra might let it slide for 10k credits or something.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Eventru said:
    We definitely won't do guild artifacts of that nature, it's been asked before. Though I suppose if you begged and pleaded, Estarra might let it slide for 10k credits or something.
    With a 5k credit hire fee per use?

Eventru said:
    We definitely won't do guild artifacts of that nature, it's been asked before. Though I suppose if you begged and pleaded, Estarra might let it slide for 10k credits or something.
    ouch ><  considering how slow credits seem to build up, it would take a VERY long time...

• Kagato said:
    Eventru said:
    ouch ><  considering how slow credits seem to build up, it would take a VERY long time...
    Well, you could always buy them....  :-c
    I am your stereotypical broke student... well until Don't Kill Your Date (and Other Cooking Tips) takes off...

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Get champion. Free artifact!
    Meh, I'm already Administrator.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celina said:
    Huzzah an entire +10 damage for bashing with.

/unenthusiastic "Woooo.... "

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Morkarion said:
    Celina said:
    Huzzah an entire +10 damage for bashing with.

/unenthusiastic "Woooo.... "

Aw. Well I'd feel bad but I'm too busy petting Shuck. He needs my attention to stay so awesome.