Order Mobs and the Unfair Trade

MaligornMaligorn Windborne
edited March 2015 in Common Grounds
So, this just came to me and I don't want to clog Tweets.

Isn't it weird how you can clear an Order realm of its mobs and do pretty minimal damage to that God's essence, but if you kill their defenders (and they're Avatars, or demigods, or whatever) you get much more significant essence damage?

What I mean is, Synkarin, Shuyin and Vadi can come kick a nephele or two, and Talan and/or Elanorwen might come check to see what's going on. If they get killed, it's like minus...

2015/03/07 04:26:48 - -21666 essence from the death of Elanorwen to Shuyin.

instead of just -2000 from killing two nepheles. Even if they killed -all- the nepheles, it'd only equal to basically one Elanorwen death. It's even worse for Talan here, look

2015/03/16 07:34:30 - -207999 essence from the death of Talan to Misadventure.

Why even bother to defend your order realm if losses like that are the stakes?

EDIT: You can say it's all for the RP and your duty, but even your own character can deduce that risking themselves is a much worse penalty than sacrificing the lives of your poor, poor order mobs.

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Because it really is for the RP. Orders have limitless essence, it's a fake limitation like org power.

Else no one would fight because they lose xp.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think this kind of disproportionate essence cost is appropriate, given that I'm pretty sure the 11 Nepheles are easier to kill than 1 of the Elanorwens. Or Talans.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm fairly sure this is one reason raids are down: Either it's not worth the cost to be the aggressor, as you gain nothing and don't do anything to the victim. OR, the best way to defend a territory is to not show up when it's being raided, as in this example.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shuyin said:

Else no one would fight because they lose xp.

You mean like raids? :P

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What you should really be pissed about is how Fain's mobs are so much cooler than anyone else's. Go greet them sometime.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Anyway, god mobs are easily killed and easy to hide. That's why they aren't worth much. Further, there's more mobs if the god has a larger realm, generally one mob per two rooms. If a god works hard, they have a larger realm, and thus more mobs. Why would you punish them by making mobs worth more essence loss just because the god is more active and has more mobs to kill?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Hey man, I did my time.

I've done my raids and gotten teamed like 16:1 for it. I just got tired of losing 2 million on top of that since I don't wanna waste time bashing.

Also Shaddus has it right. If you switch essence values around, it just punishes gods with large teams because you guys (speaking in general) are opportunists and will bash them out when no one is around as per usual.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Luce said:

I think this kind of disproportionate essence cost is appropriate, given that I'm pretty sure the 11 Nepheles are easier to kill than 1 of the Elanorwens. Or Talans.

Not when the nepheles are stacked together in one room, it's not. You show up, swing once, bam... dead. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Shuyin said:

Hey man, I did my time.

I've done my raids and gotten teamed like 16:1 for it. I just got tired of losing 2 million on top of that since I don't wanna waste time bashing.

Also Shaddus has it right. If you switch essence values around, it just punishes gods with large teams because you guys (speaking in general) are opportunists and will bash them out when no one is around as per usual.

It wasn't meant to be a quip at you as much as pointing out that yeah, losing 2mil is kind of messy.