Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I mean "really" benefiting, not just 10 credits or so every so often.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    So...I saw someone get killed by order realm mobs, and knew they weren't an enemy to that order. After poking them about it, it runs out that someone seduced the mobs. When he tried to fight in the godrealm, the denizens mobbed him and killed him. That's SUPER dumb, honestly. I feel like if you're not a member of an order, you shouldn't be able to influence the mobs of that order with anything besides empower (to add essence) or weaken (to steal it).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited March 2015
    I thought it was hilarious and a creative way to kill someone. But that's just me.

EDIT: Caveat though, that order mobs won't harm their own ordermates if seduced. It'd be lame to get mobbed by nepheles.

EDIT 2: Or, Lusternia could fix the movement algorithms that allow mobs to cluster, particularly in northeastern and upper bits of areas.

• edited March 2015
    Shuyin said:

I mean "really" benefiting, not just 10 credits or so every so often.

I have pulled the better part of a trans skill out of the Hallifax system as well, and Nordin recently picked up a pile of 100 credits.  I can think of at least two other people who have seen decent returns off the top of my head.  We do try pretty hard to get other people publishing and we help edit everyone's work. 
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Maligorn said:

I thought it was hilarious and a creative way to kill someone. But that's just me.

EDIT: Caveat though, that order mobs won't harm their own ordermates if seduced. It'd be lame to get mobbed by nepheles.

EDIT 2: Or, Lusternia could fix the movement algorithms that allow mobs to cluster, particularly in northeastern and upper bits of areas.

You have tried this? As in... had someone seduce the nepheles and enemy you to see they won't attack you after?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Oh, no. I mean that it should be changed to be that way.

Seduction kills have existed since the beginning. Shamarah got destroyed by pilgrims or some such way back.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    They've been phased out in a lot of instances, though.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    You can't seduce pilgrims or bards or scholars that way thanks to Narsrim
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Hah, I attributed that one to myself, actually. I killed someone who via'd to me that way, and subsequently fought off a raid with a posse of bards and scholars, was issued, pointed out that it 100% wasn't bug abuse, and it was changed shortly afterwards.
  • That really seems like a feature though. What else is the point of seduction influencing?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    Riluna said:

That really seems like a feature though. What else is the point of seduction influencing?

Besides the numerous quests that require it and the fact that mobs exist that are weak to seduction? Or maybe to use it in neutral grounds like say on an aetherbubble? As opposed to having this conversation: "Oh hey, you're a member of my God's following, but this guy walked by and groped me a few times, so I now feel obliged to murder you cause he doesn't like you. No offense, right?"

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I don't understand the issue. If you don't want to get killed by order mobs, don't walk into the god realm.

Theres no reason why a hallifaxian should wander into raezons realm and risk dying (enemied or not), for example.
    Shuyin said:

I don't understand the issue. If you don't want to get killed by order mobs, don't walk into the god realm.

Theres no reason why a hallifaxian should wander into raezons realm and risk dying (enemied or not), for example.

There is a reason why a Hallifaxean might wander into Isune's realm and risk dying to seduced godmobs, though. That's my biggest issue with this situation. That said, what's to prevent someone from doing it to say Valtreth's godrealm and then try and raid... end up killing half the defenders before anyone figures out what's going on?

Then I'd blame the order for not influencing them away then find the unenemied person who initially did the seduction and prevent it from happening again.

Easy fix guys, not everything needs to be mechanically coded out.
  • Elanorwen said:

Riluna said:

That really seems like a feature though. What else is the point of seduction influencing?

Besides the numerous quests that require it and the fact that mobs exist that are weak to seduction? Or maybe to use it in neutral grounds like say on an aetherbubble? As opposed to having this conversation: "Oh hey, you're a member of my God's following, but this guy walked by and groped me a few times, so I now feel obliged to murder you cause he doesn't like you. No offense, right?"

Its only acceptable function to you, is to have another form of influence for stuff to be weak to? Regardless of its actual function? These complaints seem just as silly to me as somebody issuing because somebody has made a quest mob paranoid. Should that be 'neutral ground quests' only too?

Besides, don't order mobs aggro on order enemies? Somebody turning your mobs against you sure seems like an enemyable offense to me, and then just like that they can't influence anymore.  The mobs even proudly state who seduced them, so it's not like it's hard to find out.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Maligorn said:

Shrug city. The only reason there -aren't- credit rewards for PK conquests is because none of our PKers have ever asked for them. I'm okay with changing that or keeping it the same; doesn't make much difference to me.

Being that someone who is serious about PK will already be purchasing credits and not knowing what to do with them, I guess that's part of it. Beyond that, I guess it might interest people that are not as serious a bit more... but eh... 1 credit won't change the fact that they're missing skills/artifacts/etc. Not by a large margin. That said, you can't go overboard with your credit rewards for PK either... although I do feel we've gone overboard with our credit rewards for library stuff.
    You're right, you're not targetting the serious PKers with a 1 credit reward for participating. They'll participate either way. You're targetting the ones that wouldn't otherwise participate. One credit won't make a huge difference, but one credit turns into two, and then four etc. And as you accumulate these credits, your comfort with combat grows, you become more aware of things going on, maybe add some highlights so you catch a certain attack. And suddenly you're like @Neos and bragging about anytime you escape someone.

Not bragging, raving. You would too if you escaped a group of enemies while blacked out, after years of not having nothing but tumble as an escape! Pogo so good, BRING BACK SOLSTICE CRATES!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • What's the shuffling time on order mobs? Is it the four hours it takes them to return, or is it less? If it's four hours, then I'd say it's a fair thing to make them non-seducable (or at least remove the effect of being seduced; "I only have eyes for <insert God here>, thankyouverymuch"). If it's less than, say, an hour, then it probably isn't that bad. To be able to lock people out of their own godrealm for four hours seems a bit much to me though.
    Shuyin said:

Then I'd blame the order for not influencing them away then find the unenemied person who initially did the seduction and prevent it from happening again.

Easy fix guys, not everything needs to be mechanically coded out.

What order?
    Riluna said:

Elanorwen said:

Riluna said:

Its only acceptable function to you, is to have another form of influence for stuff to be weak to? Regardless of its actual function? These complaints seem just as silly to me as somebody issuing because somebody has made a quest mob paranoid. Should that be 'neutral ground quests' only too?

Besides, don't order mobs aggro on order enemies? Somebody turning your mobs against you sure seems like an enemyable offense to me, and then just like that they can't influence anymore.  The mobs even proudly state who seduced them, so it's not like it's hard to find out.
    I don't know the full situation, but I have seen an enemied person seduce a mob that should have been attacking them, making them uninfluencable, before.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Riluna said:

Elanorwen said:

Riluna said:

MinorThird          Sad, calming note that can soothe the savage beast.
    • Novice 50%
    • Syntax: PLAY MINORTHIRD <target>
      This
      interval can only be played on denizens (not players). If they are
      hostile to you, there is a chance that the sound will soothe them. Note
      that some denizens are immune to this effect and you have to wait a
      short period of time before they will listen to it again.

Pretty sure they're not immune to that either. GG, I guess? Also, please... it's not like it isn't quite illogical for order mobs of your own order to attack you just because someone slapped them on the rear a few times. Next thing you'll be saying that it's quite normal for guards to do the same and murder random people that transverse elemental/cosmic? Come on now.

If the order is inactive, then no one gets bothered because there are no members.

If a mob didn't aggro on you because you're enemied (within reason), that sounds like a bug.

Raving about escapes or whatever is just the newest fad after xenthos breaking and preserves in ganks. I just move on.
    So yeah, since apparently every dastardly villain is a bard who can m3, why is influencing them away if you don't want them used against you unreasonable.
    Shuyin said:

So yeah, since apparently every dastardly villain is a bard who can m3, why is influencing them away if you don't want them used against you unreasonable.

Nowhere did I claim that everyone is a bard. Was just pointing out a flaw in a certain other person's claim.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Trufax - if I minorthird an order mob, then seduce it, they'll still attack me if I leave and re-enter the room.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Isn't it also illogical that a mob (even order mobs) will hand over every single bit of gold they have to anyone who asks enough? Should that be nerfed, too? Not sure m3 is relevant either, because there is STILL a counter... you know... orders empowering their own mobs (which lasts 8 hours instead of 1). What's to stop your own friendly bards from m3 to calm them down?

Somebody got the better of you with a longstanding mechanic you weren't expecting. It sucks, I know (I used to be one of the people freaking out about stuff like this) but changing mechanics as a balm for our feelings takes away from Lusternia far more than it adds to it.

Shuyin said:

If the order is inactive, then no one gets bothered because there are no members.

If a mob didn't aggro on you because you're enemied (within reason), that sounds like a bug.

Raving about escapes or whatever is just the newest fad after xenthos breaking and preserves in ganks. I just move on.

Signature!

Celina said:
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited March 2015
    Riluna said:

Isn't it also illogical that a mob (even order mobs) will hand over every single bit of gold they have to anyone who asks enough? Should that be nerfed, too? Not sure m3 is relevant either, because there is STILL a counter... you know... orders empowering their own mobs (which lasts 8 hours instead of 1). What's to stop your own friendly bards from m3 to calm them down?

Somebody got the better of you with a longstanding mechanic you weren't expecting. It sucks, I know (I used to be one of the people freaking out about stuff like this) but changing mechanics as a balm for our feelings takes away from Lusternia far more than it adds to it.
    Not sure, but I feel like you just called me a noob. Right after claiming I was being silly or somesuch. Do please consider your attitude and claims next time you decide to make an offensive post. I will be marking repeats as abuse and ignoring beyond that point.

I'm most certainly not asking that seduce be changed to not work in that fashion at all either. My claim is that order mobs should be immune to it. A counter is also great when you are a member of the mafia, which I am most certainly not. On good days, I see two-three members of my order around. I don't influence the omobs because I usually run races with 12 charisma and lower, so it is counter-productive for me. If no-one else does it too, well... guess where that goes for your counter... and guess who goes to defend the order realm when something happens? Right, that's me... so I get to rely on others for my own personal protection from my order's realm mobs? No thanks.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    This complaint is even dumber than my library rewards complaint, and mine was entirely imaginary.

Off prime non enemy territory death. Oh noes. Call the alarmist brigade to make a big deal about it.
  • For my own two cents, I disagree with the notion of making order mobs immune to seduction. There are pros and cons to having these critters in a godrealm, and this is one very, very specific con that's being pinpointed because the order itself can't be bothered to influence away their godmobs.

If you have too few ordermembers, then either recruit more so they can influence the mobs, or pick up the slack yourself. This sounds a bit like wanting a 'fix' to a problem that already has a possible solution.

But, moving on from these past two unhappy discussions, I shall instead ponder on what new arties to suggest as @Estarra is looking for ideas. I sense auctions on the horizon.
  • Riluna said:

Isn't it also illogical that a mob (even order mobs) will hand over every single bit of gold they have to anyone who asks enough? Should that be nerfed, too? Not sure m3 is relevant either, because there is STILL a counter... you know... orders empowering their own mobs (which lasts 8 hours instead of 1). What's to stop your own friendly bards from m3 to calm them down?

Not sure, but I feel like you just called me a noob. Right after claiming I was being silly or somesuch. Do please consider your attitude and claims next time you decide to make an offensive post. I will be marking repeats as abuse and ignoring beyond that point.

I'm most certainly not asking that seduce be changed to not work in that fashion at all either. My claim is that order mobs should be immune to it. A counter is also great when you are a member of the mafia, which I am most certainly not. On good days, I see two-three members of my order around. I don't influence the omobs because I usually run races with 12 charisma and lower, so it is counter-productive for me. If no-one else does it too, well... guess where that goes for your counter... and guess who goes to defend the order realm when something happens? Right, that's me... so I get to rely on others for my own personal protection from my order's realm mobs? No thanks.

So... now they should be changed for no other reason than you don't want to do it, or can't be bothered to? Yeah, no thanks.

I can't help how you take what I said, but I feel like you're taking things far too personally. I didn't call you a noob, but frankly, this is kind of silly. This carebear reaction to things that we lose to has been getting old for a long time.

This discussion has been closed.