Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Salome said:

Siam said:

• infinite zimoru artifact
    • infinite XYZ reagent artifact
    • reagent that can force a beast to grow to maturity
    I would like to add onto this by saying:

Infinite zimoru artifact with org based, randomized descs.

Custom staffs, athames ect, that never decay, always reset.
    @Salome you may wish to look at HELP CUSTOMISATION as custom staffs, athames (and a LOT of other stuff) are already able to be customised and made permanent and resetting.

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Viynain said:

Censer artifact upgrade that, after activated, terrains an area after x-seconds for 10p much as the Kiakoda Drums de-terrain an area. If potentially grief-tastic, feel free to add a caveat that it's inoperable in enemy territory.

^Good god please no. This is way too strong, even with your caveat.

The flashpoint memory module would also have serious ramifications for aetherflares, especially while ships can have a ridiculous amount of hull. Unless a hull cap is implemented (please, please, please), I'd be against this one, unless disabled for aetherflares.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    We need to jump the shark and add more combat arties to get people to buy:

Vial of Shikari's Blood - gives the vitality defense

Sturdy Boots - allows you to block firmly

Point Ears - lets you know when someone enters a room adjacent to where you currently are

Personal Canopy - makes a room indoors for x minutes

Merian Fishtank - fills a room with water (need to swim kind) for x minutes

Demesne Bane  - gain an aura that passively puts up the protection scroll defense every 8-10 seconds

Beastmaster's Mark - attach to any loyal and be allowed to resummon it at no cost and no need for special rooms/terrain.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Shuyin said:

Demesne Bane  - gain an aura that passively puts up the protection scroll defense every 8-10 seconds

Let's not, and say we did.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Lavinya said:

Salome said:

Siam said:

• infinite zimoru artifact
    • infinite XYZ reagent artifact
    • reagent that can force a beast to grow to maturity
    I would like to add onto this by saying:

Infinite zimoru artifact with org based, randomized descs.

Custom staffs, athames ect, that never decay, always reset.
    @Salome you may wish to look at HELP CUSTOMISATION as custom staffs, athames (and a LOT of other stuff) are already able to be customised and made permanent and resetting.
    THAT I DID NOT KNOW. Thank you. <3
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I want a set of artifacts to upgrade my manse into something else (so its exclusive to aetherships) and create a minigame inside of it...

Okay, I've been playing a lot of billy vs snakeman, erepublk, etc recently... I just want to construct my own little, functional, village in my manse that like... works like a browser game >_>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Shuyin said:

Neos said:

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    The Sturdy Boots, do want, badly.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Neos said:

Shuyin said:

I don't know why this would be so bad, it doesn't cost a melder -anything- to strip protection.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    How about an artifact that lets you bond seek and bond unite with your beast!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I need to offend everyone equally.

Changeling Weapon - you can change this weapon into any stat or type via one command like TRANSFIGURE ID DAMAGE PREC SPEED TYPE.

A Light Weight - wear it to reduce your movement resistance to zero, remove to restore it.

Warning Bell - drop into a room and it will tell you when people enter that specific room.

Urlach's Mask - hides the killer from deathsense (still gives location if deathsight is up though)

Kiakoda's Map - read it to tell you how much of an area (percentage wise) has been explored. Great for explorers.

Karma Earring - gain a fair amount of health/mana/power when you kill someone.

Elemental Cloak - this cloak already has all the tailoring proofs imbued into it, doesn't stack.

Magic Ring - this ring already has an infinite amount of the mercy, kingdom, beauty, and perfection spells.

Armband of Klangratch -  do some command to save your current defenses, do another command to put up all the defenses previously saved instantly. Usable once every IC day.

Wand of Reflection  - gives you access to the reflections ability.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    [outrage intensifies]

Ah man, checking other IRE games, let's take this too, for the peen:

Silver Knife: 50 credits
    - Ideal for all the trophy hunters, this knife allows you to
    cut off ears from player corpses!
    - Once you have 5 or more ears, you can create a necklace
    from the trophies, and then add more as you acquire them
    - The necklace decays in 30 RL days, but adding new ears to
    it resets the timer back to 30 days - you can get the ear
    count quite high if you keep them coming regularly!
    - The necklace can be worn, and the short description
    (visible on LOOK <player>) includes the head count
    - The created necklace -can- be kept safe in stockrooms and
    similar locations
    - Usage: CUT EAR FROM <corpse>, FASHION TROPHY NECKLACE (the
    same command both creates it and adds more ears)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Want that map.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Upvote for the map and other arties. Must idea more.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Dreamspun Mask - donning this mask transforms your appearance to that of an ephemeral, half-glimpsed member of a random race and gender. Essentially, this mask is a stole that has two to four pre-set descriptions per race that it randomly picks when you put it on.

Masque Macabre - by pressing the masque to a corpse, you take its face, you can then wear the masque to appear as whoever's face it was. This impression lasts 30 days, or until a new face is taken. 

Practice Mirror - by assembling the mirror, anyone in the room may turn the mirror to themselves, allowing them to target themselves with emotes, says, tells, give (etc.) or other such abilities. once assembled, the mirror cannot be moved until it resets.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited March 2015

As much as I enjoy brumetower, I'd prefer we not bastardize totems and its attached skills any further. Pillage transmogrification for new toys. Give me tentacles. And a Greywhispers gun. 

Living Vine: Point it in a direction to cover an exit so that the first enemy to exit in that direction is entangled. 

Greywhispers gun: Give your target greywhispers. Because screw you, Shuyin.

(The vine is real idea.)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

As much as I enjoy brumetower, I'd prefer we not bastardize totems and its attached skills any further. Pillage transmogrification for new toys. Give me tentacles. And a Greywhispers gun. 

Living Vine: Point it in a direction to cover an exit so that the first enemy to exit in that direction is entangled. 

So you're wanting a phantomwall?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    For the record, indoor rooms can still have trees and stuff, so it's not really a brumetower analog.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Shaddus said:

Celina said:

So you're wanting a phantomwall?

That works too.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:

Neos said:

Shuyin said:

I don't know why this would be so bad, it doesn't cost a melder -anything- to strip protection.
    But it does cost the target to raise protection. Always fun to watch someone with protection on upkeep.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Diadem of Delusions - Amaze your friends! Confuse your enemies! Enrapture peasants! Anything* is possible with this incredible tool! Simply wear the diadem, and you can perform marvels** limited only by your own imagination! You can even command the loyalty*** of others! *'Anything' is hyperbole, and should not be interpreted as a guarantee of efficacy. **Marvels are entirely illusory. ***only effects those already loyal to you. ((Enables the use of basic illusions via a command, and the charismatic smile emote that cures disloyalty.))

Circlet of Silent Sussuration - maddening whispers build around you, hearable only by you and those who have drawn your ire. Those subjected to these whispers are slowly driven insane by them. (builds insanity in you and your enemy list while worn/activated, as if in Astral territory.)
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

Neos said:

Shuyin said:

But it does cost the target to raise protection. Always fun to watch someone with protection on upkeep.
    I was that guy the first time I went into a fight against a druid. Learned that lesson pretty quick.
    Yeah, I figured you seasoned combatants would know the difference between brume and indoors for my two objecters.

If I was blatant enough to ask for Artie brume, I would say so!
    Fine, diet brumetower. It's close enough!
    Shuyin said:

Yeah, I figured you seasoned combatants would know the difference between brume and indoors for my two objecters.

If I was blatant enough to ask for Artie brume, I would say so!

Sure, buff force wall. I'll take it. :D

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited March 2015
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

Neos said:

Shuyin said:

When the melder loses very little by an artifact putting up protection passively every so often, I fail to see why that matters. If it actually cost the melder something to strip protection, there'd be an argument against it, but until then, it's just going to be stripped every time it's put up the the melder won't skip a beat.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

Neos said:

Shuyin said:

When the melder loses very little by an artifact putting up protection passively every so often, I fail to see why that matters. If it actually cost the melder something to strip protection, there'd be an argument against it, but until then, it's just going to be stripped every time it's put up the the melder won't skip a beat.
    You want an artifact that will passively boost a target's protection by removing the need to raise a 4s balance defense. If you don't have the artifact, you're stuck with the math of whether you should reraise protection at 4s balance and hope the melder will miss it/not have a dissolve on every action or eat the extra effects. It'll soon enough be a must have artifact. Also, you'll be doing nothing but spamming the melder in a group fight situation. Needing to dissolve someone every 10s would be extra commands, or if you have a script that dissolves everyone, extra X commands every time someone raises a protection field. That said, if the message remains, people will just trigger off it, check versus org database, then dissolve on pulse... but again, extra commands and spam that are not really necessary. Of course, the moment you aeon the melder, they also need to code their trigger to stop working until aeon is cured, and so on, and so forth... and you still get your protection at no cost to you. Pass.

edited March 2015
    "Extra X commands" where X = 1. Dissolve protection. Which, if you are good melder, you should have automated anyways. Convenience artie with some small group implications if you ask me and close to zero for 1v1.

What IS funny is this:

Blacktalon requiring 2 extra command lines: Absolutely a non-issue. It can be done in a single command! Totally not a legitimate balance concern. 
    Elanorwen requiring 1 extra command line: Unneccesary! Aeon, spam, extra code!

Elanorwen said:

Bringing up crow swoop and how they need to be on another elevation to contemplate also rather falls flat. Climb up, crow perch and crow swoop can be done on a single balance, so why would you need to contemplate is beyond me... unless you're talking about lag to the excess of 1s in which case your commands will surely be slow enough to where someone could sip/regen in the meantime, but there's a counter to even that where you can make a server-side triple-command alias that will accomplish climb up, crow perch, crow swoop <target> in the time it takes you to send a single command... so again... what is the issue you're trying to bring up here? And it costs them 0p to boot.

Lol. Girl.