GMCP Edit Windows

I'm not overtly familiar with this functionality, but I've noticed in Nexus and some other client systems that with letters, books, and news posts there is a text editor that pops up allowing formatting to be retained in the written piece.

I've noticed that this functionality is not present when creating an Ad. How much coding effort would it take to extend this functionality to ads? I would like the convenience of being able to format my ad as right now my ads turn out terribly!

Any thoughts on making this change?

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow

Comments

• A little sidenote to this, and I know it isn't exactly what you are asking for, but will help, is that pastebin will allow you to format it much like the window that pops up.  It uses spaces as a full character for spacing, and you can just copy/paste from there to the editing thing in game.

• Well the editing thing in game preserves formatting- that's the GMCP window I'm talking about. With the ads, you have to create it through the command line text box and it seems to ignore spacing. Or did you mean that pastebin will force formatting with actual character spacing, and that it will work for ad creation? I don't feel like I've seen a space formatted ad ever.. only with lots of dots or asterisks.

"He was well fed, and on his way to being slightly intoxicated--which contributed to his sense of wellbeing. And, most important, he was among friends. There can't be much more to life than this, he thought."  -Pug's thoughts on his first Ale (via Raymond Feist)

Visit my personal authorial website. (coming back up soon, with my first publications)
    Coding Resources: Mechanic's Corner | Code Academy | StackOverflow
  • When the line becomes too long, multiple spaces are automatically collapsed into a single space. I've got a feeling that in order to make ads use the GMCP editor window would mean they have to rewrite how it's stored, which (depending on how the code looks) could be a rather big project. Would I love if it happened? Heck yes. Is it workable the way it is? Yeah. Thus, I don't think they'll make any changes to it unless it's an easy task to do.

One thing I'd love for them to change, however, is to either remove or increase the character limit of ads. I don't know exactly how large they can be right now, but back when I was collecting curios, I had to keep two or three separate ads just to keep them all listed.