Lords and Ladies

edited February 2015 in Ideas
Continuing the discussion from the Simple Ideas thread (if an admin wants to snip those posts into this thread I'd be pleased as punch, but otherwise we can use quoteboxes):
We have a vague idea of what some of the Elemental Lords/Ladies and the Aspects entail, but were wanting that fleshed out.
We've received some admin communication in-game that the Elemental Lords are essentially echoes rather than full-blown entities, but this may be bias on the part of gods who want to draw a distinction between half-formed(and therefore Themselves)and the elemental Lords, or it could be gospel.
The Lords and Ladies I know of off-hand, without digging through logs:
Water:
1- Skerriagh - Lord of the High Tide
2- Loch - Lord of the Low Tide
3- Murlough - Lord of the Red Tide
4- Kintyre - Lady of the Rip Tide
5- Sarye - Lady of the Black Tide
Earth:
1- Gravinya - Lady of the Cracked Granite
2- Klaymech - Lord of the Corpus Clay
3- Brom - the Boulder is no longer conflicted, and is ready to crush this blind little girl
4- Bhalegu - Lord of the Blasted Sands
5- Terae - Lady of the Wounded Crust
Fire:
1- Ignis - Lord of the Howling Flame
2- Agni - Lady of Embers
3- Pyphoros - Lord of the Ravenous Inferno
4- Tejas - Lady of Blossoming Fires
Air:
1- Zeforos - Lord of the North Wind - cold, fierce, intimidating
2- Haelor - Lord of the West Wind - gentle, healing, temperate winds
3- Vasha - Lady of the East Wind - oriental, beautiful, exotic
4- Pashi - Lady of the South Wind - dry, hot winds
5- - Lord of [redacted].

I can and will edit these as I get names/roles, and expanding on them. 

Of note: The Aquas have some information regarding the roles of the Tidelords, but it seems to be projected rather than derived.

Comments

• 5 Earth - Terae, the Wounded Crust
  • Hmm. Where is the fifth water lord? I seem to remember there being four in the Water plane...
  • Glacier Sea, like how Terae's on Shattered Earth.
  • Ah, gotcha. Also:

Skerriagh, the Lord of the High Tide
    Loch, the Lord of the Low Tide
    Murlough, the Lord of the Red Tide
    Kintyre, the Lady of the Rip Tide

• Fixed/Updated those. Do we know any of their ideological connections, aside from Sarye being those lost at sea?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Zeforos, Lord of the North Wind (icy cold, fierce, intimidating)

Haelor, Lord of the West Wind (gentle, healing, temperate winds)

Vasha, Lady of the East Wind (oriental, beautiful, exotic)

Pashi, Lady of the South Wind (dry, hot winds, no personality that I can glean)

(I'll double check later on the names)

• Sarye's the Lady of the Black Tide, not the Glacier Sea.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Fire!

Ignis, Lord of the Howling Flame

Agni, Lady of Embers

Pyphoros, Lord of the Ravenous Inferno

Tejas, Lady of Blossoming Fires

As for meanings.. I don't know. Ask someone else. I provided names. -shakefist-

• Updated again.

Just theorycrafting here, but the names and titles seem to suggest different aspects of fire as well.
    Pyphoros is the consuming flame that destroys everything in its path, Tejas is the blossoming fire which kindles the passions in us all, Ignis is the howling flame that cries out in its fury, and Agni is the embers that smolder in hearth and forge, providing the heat that allows creation.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm fairly sure I've heard Pyromancers talk about the different flames, though they may have been refering to like... the eight pyres (or something like that) and not the Elemental Nobility.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    That's probably the Seven Sacred Pyres. You'd have to ask @Alary for details, but from my brief time in the Pyros I remember each one being tied to a sin and the general idea being that the pyres make you strong if you master them, but destroy people who let the pyres be the dominating party. I don't remember anything from that tying into the lords, but I was only briefly a pyro.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • When Gaudi came out, we had the Seven Sacred Pyres and the Five Sacred Flames. The Lords/Ladies were just kind of a -shruuuug?-. Never really got anything, that I am aware of, that really tied them into anything except for theorycrafting and 'look at their room and you interpret it yourself you little sheeyit.' the second time I was Pyro

• Seven Sacred pyres are the Seven Deadly Sins.

Pyrphoros is Gluttony

Tejas is Pride

Ignis is Wrath

Agni is Lust.

• Earth Lords are Klaymech of the Corpus Clay, Brom the Boulder, Gravynia of the Cracked Granite, Bhalegu of the Blasted Sands and Terae of the Wounded Crust. Klaymech is seen as the most "mortal" of the main four, and is associated with blood sacrifice, mixed elements, and the Principle of Consanguinity. Brom is the erotive/enduring aspect of the Earth, the granter of the boulderblast and the stoneskin who guides the warriors of the earth to victory. Granite Gravynia is about the power of the Taint and of rulership/stewardship over the Earth. Bhalegu is a scholar, a scryer, a deceiver and a tester of worth. Terae is the overwhelming and cataclysmic aspect and particularly the bleak horror of the aftermath of pyroclastic eruptions.

Skerriagh, the Lord of the High Tide, is akin to Gravynia and a "leader" aspect. The power of Water at its peak; the primal purity of the elements. Loch, the Lord of the Low Tide, is akin to Bhalegu. A scholar, an explorer, a deliver of the depths who reveals the edge of the shore. Murlough, the Lord of the Red Tide, is thought of as attuned to life and to society by the Aquamancers, but accused of the same blood sacrifice elements as Klaymech by the Geomancers. Kintyre, the Lady of the Rip Tide is a combative aspect, akin to Brom, but with more of a passive focus on accepting/becoming the inevitable. Sarye, of the Black Tide is the dreaming-echo of the frozen, drowned last moments of the dead at sea - the only truly tempestuous and violent spirit of Water.

@Maligorn: That is not correct. The Seven Sacred Pyres is a everything in moderation/golden mean kind of philosophy. Note that the arrangement goes from Emerald Flame -> Fire Lord + Fire Lady -> Banked Embers - > Fire Lord + Fire Lady -> Avaricious Flame. The Emerald Flame is about excesses of generosity/passion and contentment/bounty - note how green is the colour of leaves and the middle colour in the rainbow. The Avaricious Flame burns black and cold - it gives neither light nor warmth, but rather absorbs both. It is representative of a dearth of generosity/passion and greed/desires. Banked Embers, in the middle and surrounded on all four sides by the Fire Lords, is about perfection in balance and tending to your inner spark by not letting yourself go to far in either direction.

The Fifth Fire Lord is pretty obviously Drachou. The Fifth Air Lord is [REDACTED].
  • Enyalida said:

I'm fairly sure I've heard Pyromancers talk about the different flames, though they may have been refering to like... the eight pyres (or something like that) and not the Elemental Nobility.

There's the Five Sacred Flames (Life, Enlightenment, Knowledge, Passion and Eternity) and the Seven Sacred Pyres (see above). Different, but related!
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited February 2015
    Iytha said:

Earth Lords are Klaymech of the Corpus Clay, Brom the Boulder, Gravynia of the Cracked Granite, Bhalegu of the Blasted Sands and Terae of the Wounded Crust. Klaymech is seen as the most "mortal" of the main four, and is associated with blood sacrifice, mixed elements, and the Principle of Consanguinity. Brom is the erotive/enduring aspect of the Earth, the granter of the boulderblast and the stoneskin who guides the warriors of the earth to victory. Granite Gravynia is about the power of the Taint and of rulership/stewardship over the Earth. Bhalegu is a scholar, a scryer, a deceiver and a tester of worth. Terae is the overwhelming and cataclysmic aspect and particularly the bleak horror of the aftermath of pyroclastic eruptions.

Skerriagh, the Lord of the High Tide, is akin to Gravynia and a "leader" aspect. The power of Water at its peak; the primal purity of the elements. Loch, the Lord of the Low Tide, is akin to Bhalegu. A scholar, an explorer, a deliver of the depths who reveals the edge of the shore. Murlough, the Lord of the Red Tide, is thought of as attuned to life and to society by the Aquamancers, but accused of the same blood sacrifice elements as Klaymech by the Geomancers. Kintyre, the Lady of the Rip Tide is a combative aspect, akin to Brom, but with more of a passive focus on accepting/becoming the inevitable. Sarye, of the Black Tide is the dreaming-echo of the frozen, drowned last moments of the dead at sea - the only truly tempestuous and violent spirit of Water.

@Maligorn: That is not correct. The Seven Sacred Pyres is a everything in moderation/golden mean kind of philosophy. Note that the arrangement goes from Emerald Flame -> Fire Lord + Fire Lady -> Banked Embers - > Fire Lord + Fire Lady -> Avaricious Flame. The Emerald Flame is about excesses of generosity/passion and contentment/bounty - note how green is the colour of leaves and the middle colour in the rainbow. The Avaricious Flame burns black and cold - it gives neither light nor warmth, but rather absorbs both. It is representative of a dearth of generosity/passion and greed/desires. Banked Embers, in the middle and surrounded on all four sides by the Fire Lords, is about perfection in balance and tending to your inner spark by not letting yourself go to far in either direction.

The Fifth Fire Lord is pretty obviously Drachou. The Fifth Air Lord is [REDACTED].

No...no. I was a Pyro. And almost a Yomoiguan. I don't want to go into detail here because it'd just spoil the mystique. You should go find out for yourself.

EDIT: The everything in moderation part is right, though.

• The origin of Elemental Lords was explained during the Dreamweaving event, is this being taken into consideration here? Namely, all Elemental Lords are amalgams of the imprints left upon the element by the -mancers that mould it. Ie, they're a little bit of every -mancer that ever was to my off-the-top-of-my-head recollection. 
    Someone mentioned that about the Tide Lords, though I'm pretty sure everyone took that to mean 'imprints of everyone related to this element' and not just the -mancers.

Like, there is a Tide Lord that is the collective imprints of everyone who ever drowned at sea.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Drocilla said:

The origin of Elemental Lords was explained during the Dreamweaving event, is this being taken into consideration here? Namely, all Elemental Lords are amalgams of the imprints left upon the element by the -mancers that mould it. Ie, they're a little bit of every -mancer that ever was to my off-the-top-of-my-head recollection. 

I know nothing about this event.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    It's a really old event, wherein the sands of the dreaming and all the tide lords/aspects of the time were revealed. Back when there were only three orgs.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Enyalida said:

It's a really old event, wherein the sands of the dreaming and all the tide lords/aspects of the time were revealed. Back when there were only three orgs.

So way before my time than.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    The fifth Fire Lord is not Drachou.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited February 2015
    @Iytha you couldn't have been more wrong if you had pointed at Drachou and told me he was actually a dog. Yes, a lot of it is up to personal interpretation, but you're just steering the semi down the wrong side of the mountain, dear. The moderation part, like @Maligorn said, is very true. But the rooms ARE Pyres. Some Pyres, the more extreme or harmful of the Sins, or good of the Virtues, gets a Lord or Lady. Yes, the Pyres are Sins, but they're also Virtues. Every coin has two sides, and every Pyre does as well. If you think I'm wrong about this, ask about Yomoigu's lore. As it's pretty heavily steeped in this. The fifth lord is also not Drachou. If you wish to seek more about the Pyres themselves, or the Flames, literally all you have to do is ask Alary, she'll talk for days. For the Pyres, poke some Yomoigu folks. It's not nearly that hard. :D

Edit: No harm or insult actually meant with my words, I'm in a casual insult mood lately but I seriously mean no harm by it, it's just funny to me. >.>
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Gaudi really doesn't know where the fifth Fire Lord is yet? Must be something really horrific.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Wonder if he or she crashed into the volcano...Also, do we know aught about the pre-taint Earth Nobles?

And can we get someone to weigh in on the Fire Nobility, or are they all tied to the Pyres interpretations?
  • Alright, admittedly, I haven't heard anything Yomoigu has had to say about it. Does he have an RP thing about the pyres? The thing I posted is straight out of the Secret Flame quest about the flamelings, though.
  • his entire order's tenets are the pyres, basically.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:

Gaudi really doesn't know where the fifth Fire Lord is yet? Must be something really horrific.

Little do they know that we're using him to fuel Crumkane's oven.

mmm, elemental pie.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I can also vouch for Drachou obviously not being a fire lord, especially considering you have to raise it from a frigging egg if it dies.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.