Is there any way to get the forum front page to let you know if subforums have been updated?

edited February 2013 in Q&A
When you look at forums.lusternia.com, if the top-level forums has new posts (Common Grounds, World Library, etc) then it changes the look of it to let you know. 

But it seems if a sub-forum (Mechanic's Corner, Q&A, etc) has new posts, it leaves the section the same as if nothing's been posted.

Is there a setting I'm missing for this? Or is this a bug with the forums?

Best Answers

Answers

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Why are you spying on my forum habits?
  • Xenthos said:

Why are you spying on my forum habits?

I don't need to, I know you.

Because I do it too. :(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    So do I. Latest post type buttons are your friends.
  • edited February 2013
    OK... but I mostly ignore the drama/hate that goes on in Common Grounds and the other boards(seriously, it got bad enough I stopped logging into the forums for a couple of months at one point), and try to mostly stick to the knowledge sharing forums. If the recent discussions thing is just how we're meant to interface with new threads though I can quietly move along and just check the individual boards. 

ETA: to be fair, my not logging into the forums due to all that was before they moved to the new format, so it was awhile ago. It may be unfair of me to continue to hold that in my heart, but it just stopped adding to my enjoyment to watch everyone bitch at each other and every thread, whether started with good intentions or not, turn into another forum war. 
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Haven't found a way to bookmark sub-forums themselves, but you can click the little star on threads to throw them into your bookmarks. That will then show if there's an update on those threads, even if they're in a sub-forum, when you click into your 'My Bookmarks' tab.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Doesn't everyone just live on "Recent Discussions?"

I can't even remember the last time I looked at the forum front page.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!