Conspiracy Theories of Lusternia

edited April 2015 in World Library
If you're a loser like me, you love the games you play and you also love the wild theories people come up with to explain "inconsistencies" of their games.

If you have a theory that has been burning within you post it here!

The only one I've came up with is "Where do babies come from?" with the answer being: When two adventurers unite in marriage, their spirits combine and are sent to the Portal of Fate and then travel through time and space to create new adventurers that are waiting to be freed from their mundane life. This also could cover how a couple who had never really interacted previously (arranged marriage) could have a child within a few years that is actually blood to them both (since the help file says children are blood).
The Inner Sea.
I take commissions doe.

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Joules in the Transphenortex grid are manifestations of souls subsumed by the Collective which mortal citizens collect, combine, and return manually to the Primary Generator in an endless cycle.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    The ants in Lolliprin are secretly a missing kephera hive who followed the shroomie-hyfae there from the Undervault.

The kephera are therefore allied with the evil gnomes and we hates them forever. /finkrp

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If the above is true, then Mysrai is the Candyman. Therefore, Mysrai is an alt of Crumkane.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Then I'd have to make My own candy. Not happening. 
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • edited April 2015
    shh
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • edited April 2015
    Mysrai is Bee-sus

The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
    I've always had this odd idea that when Dynara sang each god into being, each god was assigned a trait to portray, like Zvoltz/Order and Mysrai/Chaos. I know this is a really simplistic view, but I'll write a book on it sometime.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited April 2015
    Altrea said:

It is my personal theory, and I am sure if Mysrai knew this IC I would promptly be zapped repeatedly and possibly disowned, that the true form of Mysrai is bees.

Altrea said:

Somehow this actually doesn't sound like too big of a stretch, considering other factors. The bees might just be an analogy, and the reality is she/he is just -every single form all at once at the same time-, which very well might look like a swarm of... something.

Altrea said:

EDIT: I don't know how this post broke so horribly but I am leaving it, because it sure as hell amuses me.

There's a certain High ranking Hallifaxian with a whip of bees. You might need to requisition his personal records.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I've been accused of being Viravain twice recently.

Celina = Viravain?!?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xenthos has a regime.  Or so I am told.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited April 2015
    Regarding babies, I always imagined that when a couple has their fun time and proceeds to make a baby, the Fates take that baby away as soon as it's born and then either let it walk through the Portal after age 16 (leaving it up to that kid and their parents to find it) or keep its soul forever. Somewhere.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I've always had this idea that no mortal NPC, even named ones, actually 'respawns'. It's just that there are a string of NPCs with the same name that the players interact with. This gives a fairly ready explanation for why Dolly never seems to remember you've helped her, no matter how many times you've done so, and why the Queen of the Dwarves never shows a bit of gratitude after the fact. The exceptions to this are fae, supernals, etc. who aren't actually mortal and just coalesce back into place when killed, and undead, who just get back up.
    Luce said:

I've always had this idea that no mortal NPC, even named ones, actually 'respawns'. It's just that there are a string of NPCs with the same name that the players interact with. This gives a fairly ready explanation for why Dolly never seems to remember you've helped her, no matter how many times you've done so, and why the Queen of the Dwarves never shows a bit of gratitude after the fact. The exceptions to this are fae, supernals, etc. who aren't actually mortal and just coalesce back into place when killed, and undead, who just get back up.

I always imagined that the Fates just revived them (much like they do with us adventurers) because they're too important to the tapestry to have their threads permanently cut. Same with everything else, even bashing beasts (though their actual "importance" remains a mystery).

Before an earthly flight

• The mystery is that we didn't seal Kethuru away, we sealed ourselves away... So nothing can enter Lusternia, and if something were to leave (by being cut out of the tapestry), it could never be replaced, but rather become a slow descent into nothingness.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Everiine said:

Ev is absolutely and firmly convinced that there is a latent evil power that animates all curios, and that these "toys" everyone plays with will eventually turn on them. Didn't curios first arrive with people connected to the Wayfaire? As such, he strongly distrusts their origins. He believes that they were broken into pieces intentionally to keep their power from being used, and every time someone completes a curio, it only hastens the day when that evil power will be strong enough to take control of all the curios again and wreak havoc and destruction throughout the Basin.

This sounds like such an amazingly cool event, I want it to be true.
  • Food curio bottles and such are made from the remains of the children you lead into the Wayfaire killed, grounded up and turned into fun looking items you sprinkle over food.
  • Nobody dies anymore because the Soulless ate the afterlife.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    (Poor Shallamar)
  • Donato said:

Food curio bottles and such are made from the remains of the children you lead into the Wayfaire killed, grounded up and turned into fun looking items you sprinkle over food.

.-.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • Maellio believes the Wyrd [at least physically] is actually Nature's means of absorbing and removing the Taint [like the Poison Forest in Nausicaa] and will, after who knows how many eons, one day go dormant after finally sealing the last of the Taint away.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

edited April 2015
    Maellio said:

Maellio believes the Wyrd [at least physically] is actually Nature's means of absorbing and removing the Taint [like the Poison Forest in Nausicaa] and will, after who knows how many eons, one day go dormant after finally sealing the last of the Taint away.

The Wyrd will never sleep.

Before an earthly flight

• Before the Wyrd was created, I wrote a theory about Taint being an illusion, created by Kethuru to "divide and conquer" the basin.  A very effective and elaborate illusion.  It won a library contest, I was ammused :)
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    The admin ship Hallifax and Glomdoring really hard, considering the @Isune @Viravain @Shikari love triangle, and now we have @Jadice whose former companion Manteekan made redcaps and stuff, so on and so forth.

I'd wager @Zvoltz had a secret crush on @Nocht at this point.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That would explain why thunder storms are more frequent at night...
  • edited April 2015
    Arguably the most infamous one is where humans come from. I agree with this one: Dynara, Magnora and Yudhe go off in search of the son of Yudhe. He goes to Achaea, where he rapes Maya (Actual Achaea explanation for humans), and this creates humans, which Estarra then takes to Lusternia. This implies Achaea is just another timeline/universe which exists in the same world of Lusternia.

Trippy.
  • Donato said:

Arguably the most infamous one is where humans come from. I agree with this one: Dynara, Magnora and Yudhe go off in search of the son of Yudhe. He goes to Achaea, where he rapes Maya (Actual Achaea explanation for humans), and this creates humans, which Estarra then takes to Lusternia. This implies Achaea is just another timeline/universe which exists in the same world of Lusternia.

Trippy.
    Well, no, they exist in different worlds/universes across whatever the "void" is . I don't think it's just meant to be outer space.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: