Guild concerns, options, and the price of sticking with it.

2»

Comments

• Tarkenton said:

Well, holiday weekend.  Family time and the like.  Whatcha expect?  We're not all anti-social, family hating basement dwellers :D

That being said, Gaudi is a pretty fun place.  Good to stick with if you like the themes and the RP, especially since it's a lot deeper than it appears on the surface.

Shhh the cover of the stereotype that we are all drunk whores can't be blown.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • We aren't? Well, shit.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    *pearls*
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    So, might break out an old warrior char just to play around on a bit. Opinions, which rituals spec is...
    a) The most fun to use
    b) Best for hunting.

Necro seems the most fun to me, but I already have a Mag character.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Paradigmatics.

Best for hunting is Sacraments (yay divinus). Also has trueheal which is awesome, and inquisition is universally dumb, even more so when you can't shield to avoid it because of warrior raze. If you have to choose from rituals, I'd go Sacraments. 

Best overall is Moon (I'm aware this is totems and not rituals). You get aeon for locks, drawdown for weapon stats, full which is just stupid, cone to generate oodles of power. Also have group support with dark. Lots of flexibility with Moon. 

Night (also totems and not rituals) has has stats and some great defensive capabilities with drink, but shadowtwist sucks for warriors and Night in general doesn't have a lot of useful skills. Flight is pretty good. Brume and some other things are nice but Night users don't tend to stack well with other Night users because of the restrictions. You pretty much only ever need 1. Still a solid choice!

Paradigmatics is decent. It's not all that great to get kills with, to be honest. It seems like it would be fun but everything worth using costs power and your power is better spent on warrior attacks. Some solid group support with things like reality. If you use 1h weapons, chaosaura is nice hindering if you choose your venoms right. Moon/Night stats are better though. You can go max speed one handers for some really cheese plays, but that's super niche.

Necromancy, to be entirely honest, is very blah for warriors. 

Aeonics is equally, if not more blah.
    Forgive me for being noob...but how does Sacraments give warriors divinus for hunting?

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    If I remember correctly, I believe righteous arms from sacraments provides paladins with a divinus damage source.
    Righteous Arms converts 1/6th of the damage to divinus. 
    @Celina You left out Stag and Crow. :P

They both suck
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Man, totem and medicinebag aren't too shabby. SOL on Crow though for sure.
    edited April 2015
    They also aren't good. I've had many a new player use medicinebag and come to me saying that it did literally nothing, because in using it, they hadn't noticed the difference. I've even had a few not believe me when I explained what it does, because sometimes (due to the random nature of health sips), it doesn't actually do better than a regular potion sip. 

Celina is correct: If you're going totems warrior and are choosing your totem tert based on the strength of the  skills therein (and not rp or totemcarving) pick Moon or Night. Stag and Crow have some fringe benefits, but the wiccan options generally outpower them in raw power and versatility. 

EDIT for clarity.
    I didn't say they were great, I was just disputing the "suck" part. It doesn't.
    edited April 2015
    The skillset sucks. It's not on par with Moon and Night, which are in turn not really on par with most of the Rituals specs in general. They're old, outdated, and everyone seems to think that certain skills (like MedicineBag/Totem/Stagstomp) see a lot more useful play then they do - because they're not as reliable or useful as is expected. Of course, this only applies to Crow and not Stag because reasons (hint: it's partisanship). They both need a pretty hefty update, imo. 

Warriors don't benefit as much from the increased emergency wound curing from medicinebag as druids do, because of their armor, and the only other effect that they're really going to be using (for bashing or combat) is the +1 racial balance paint. I personally find it hard to justify a skillset for one (or even two or three) skills, unless they're absolutly fantastic.
  • edited April 2015
    Enyalida said:

The skillset sucks. It's not on par with Moon and Night, which are in turn not really on par with most of the Rituals specs in general. They're old, outdated, and everyone seems to think that certain skills (like MedicineBag/Totem/Stagstomp) see a lot more useful play then they do - because they're not as reliable or useful as is expected. Of course, this only applies to Crow and not Stag because reasons (hint: it's partisanship). They both need a pretty hefty update, imo. 

So, medicinebag and stagstomp are only unreliable or nonuseful for a Crow users?
    Well, that makes sense, considering they don't have those skills. xD

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2015
    Enyalida said:

Warriors don't benefit as much from the increased emergency wound curing from medicinebag as druids do, because of their armor, and the only other effect that they're really going to be using (for bashing or combat) is the +1 racial balance paint. I personally find it hard to justify a skillset for one (or even two or three) skills, unless they're absolutly fantastic.

I don't know why you're underselling Moon and Night.  Moon especially, you'll not find any Moon user out there who doesn't heavily (ab)use Full, as just one example.  Above that, you've got Waning, Drawdown, Shafts (heavily underutilized, but Sondayga does so to good effect), Succumb, and so on.  That's definitely more than one, two, or even three skills... and some of them are indeed absolutely fantastic.
    The majority of comments there were about Crow/Stag and how when compared with Moon and Night, Crow and Stag have very limited options and power. But I wouldn't say that Moon is better than say... Sacraments.  
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:

The majority of comments there were about Crow/Stag and how when compared with Moon and Night, Crow and Stag have very limited options and power. But I wouldn't say that Moon is better than say... Sacraments.  

I'd take Moon over Sacraments, personally.  Better?  Maybe not.  Worse?  Not really.  The only touchup Sacraments has had recently was HolyLight, and while some of the old skillsets could possibly use a refresh to not feel as "stale," these ones really aren't in a bad place.

I don't dispute the Crow and Stag part of your statements, but I do have to disagree with the Moon and Night aspects.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I wouldn't say that Moon and Night are lagging terribly behind the city specs either. Xenthos already outlined plenty of great skills to begin with while not even mentioning the great utility/escape of skills like beam/flight/totems in general.

I also wouldn't accuse people of partisanship just because they think Stag is in a better place than Crow. Stag's facepaints are straight up better, the instakill is more doable in a group setting, stagstomp is better in groups, bolting is a solid option to be annoying/escape, stagtotem is great hunting utility at least, and there's always sacrifice for that little boost. I think these count as legit reasons.

If anything's partisan, it's the subtle hint that Stag/Crow are the Worst Skillsets Ever. Right up there with Aquamancy, Telepathy, Aeonics, Necromancy, Shamanism, Dramaturgy, Illusions, etc given the forum responses at various points in time.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Night sucks because we lost Choke. Period.

Chill. Don't kill me.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I happen to like Crow just for the RP of it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I mean, Crow really is one of the worst skill sets ever. It's pretty bad.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Look at carrion, nest and totem upkeep: you don't get any warning at all if they're about to decay or if the totem bond is about to get dissolved. :S Must envoy things.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Crow would be much better if you could log in months later, and still have your stuff in the same state as when you last logged in.