Maylea and Zvoltz Argue

Recent events reminded me of this old log I have that I don't think has been published.

Setting: The Moonhart Mother Tree

Maylea:
She is a radiant immortal and possesses an intrinsic vibrance and life. An aura
of power plays across Her slender frame and sets Her dusky skin aglow in faint,
prismatic hues. Streaks of deep blue wind through Her chestnut hair as it falls
straight down Her back to the hips, framing Her face in shifting colour. Along
her left forearm lies a jagged scar not unlike a bite. There is something
thoughtful and introspective about Her expression and brilliant golden eyes, as
though She gazes farther into the soul, brushing aside the impermanent layers of
existence to seek the truth within.
She is wearing:
 a woven sari edged in prismatic embroidery
 a trailing rainbow sash
 an armband of twining vines
 a sky-hued bluebell
 a translucent crystal bindi and an anklet hung with crystal chimes.

Zvoltz:
He is a radiant immortal and is surrounded by a brilliant white lambency. His
eyes are the blue of untouched glacial ice, shining with irises like refracted,
broken glass that shift from hue to hue with stoic inquiry. Held with the
unmistakable dignity of a leader, His build is both lithe and tall yet hazy at
the edges, as if unwilling to retain a single solid shape. Incandescently white,
His hair is swept at sharp angles about His pointed visage, framing His angular
features and tapered to fall low at the nape of His neck. His countenance
remains impassive, maintaining the austere air of an arbiter, though His eyes
exude a sense of cold judgement. His fair skin is suffused with an ever-shifting
current of lambent energy, illuminating Him with ethereal radiance. He is
wearing a circlet of fulminating lightning and robes of liquid silver.
He is wearing:
 robes of liquid silver and a circlet of fulminating lightning.

----

Arcs of coruscating energy undulate in ripples of icy white resplendency, coalescing into Zvoltz, the Architect.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity lays a hand upon the Mother Moonhart as though to steady Herself.

His form shifting and disappearing along the edges, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Maylea."

Her tone pitched low, perhaps not as welcoming as normal, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Lord Architect."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I wished to inquire after your health, but thought it best We speak in person."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "As you can see, I am well recovered from what wounds that some saw fit to bestow upon Me."

Zvoltz, the Architect asks, "Are you unwilling to place blame for Your injury, or simply too polite to accuse Me?"

Zvoltz, the Architect tilts His head to the side as His form slips into and out of view.

Deathly quiet, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Do you think I am not afraid to lay blame where it is due?"

Maylea closes Her eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of Her surroundings.

Coolly, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "The river of Mysrai's servants to your Fulcrux has not gone unnoticed by Me. I fear My Sister has set incorrect thoughts abuzz on the winds."

Maylea curls Her nose up and grimaces awfully.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I have chosen to largely overlook them. What interest are they of yours?"

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I am no stranger to your sibling's wiles, and neither am I a child to fall under Their sway because They send minions to cast flowers upon My shrine."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Such a cool reception You give Me, if such is true."

Firmly, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Neither have I a reason to call you My friend at the moment."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "It is not the duty of a First to be a friend."

After a pause, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "No, of course not. Neither do you have any reason to be Mine..."

Maylea ponders Zvoltz thoughtfully, looking Him up and down.

Zvoltz opens His mouth as if to say something, but pauses.

Faintly, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Yet there are so few of us, and you cast Him to His end... and you knew, at least, what could happen. Spare no love for Me, but..."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "He was warned. It is the right of a First to tread such a path. I cast Him nowhere."

Fiercely, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "It is the responsibility of a First to watch for all of us. And I heard, and you needed no convincing to throw Him to that doom!"

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "He invoked His status under the law. I opened the rift for Him to provide Him the best chance, lest He stumble on the shifting path to Iklara."

Zvoltz, the Architect's form shifts as scintillating sparks wash across His body.

A note of bitter, chilling despair casting Her face in shadow, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "What is left of Him does not know Me, Zvoltz!"

Catching the tear in one hand almost before anyone can see, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I am not vain enough to think this is a revenge. Our debts have nothing to do with this, but..."

Coldly and softly, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Do You think I do not know what it means to stare a Sibling in the eyes and see no recognition, Maylea? Do you think I would wish such a fate upon You?"

Almost a whisper, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "No one should see it happen twice..."

Shaking Her head, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "You are not here for My health, I think. Perhaps you did not see it as the doom that it was... but it was your hand that made the path. Are you sorry for that, Zvoltz? Do you regret it, at least?"

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Should I have allowed Terentia to fall beneath the Dreadform, then allowed it to destroy Us, to spare you the pain of watching it destroy all that You hold dear? Every god and mortal, Maylea. I have known Your agony, but You will never bear the weight of such decisions as I will."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "But Zvoltz, I do... your decisions are no more weighty than Mine, at least in modern times. And though you opened the way, did I try to stop Him? No, of course not. Nor could I save Him, for selfishness that I let divide us. I am sorry; I am sorrier than you could ever know... and if you want to be, not friends, we will never be that, but comrades, at least be a little sorry with Me."

Softly, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "You must care for that, at least... you came to find Me."

His eyes misty, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I see that You are well once more. I shall take My leave, though you may call upon Me, as a friend, should You not wish to be alone in Your grief. Forget old debts. We have both suffered in kind."

Zvoltz leans close to Maylea and gently lays a kiss upon Her forehead.

Zvoltz, the Architect dissolves into jagged bolts of fulminating brilliance which burst into the air, racing away in all directions.

Very low, Her voice thickened with grief, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "You will have to pardon Me."

Maylea steps into the aether, the air around Her blurring into a wash of colour that fades as She disappears.

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I saw the title of this and got so excited that He was back....woe. You're such a tease, @Shedrin.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Iklara!! In my head it's a ravaged, desolate prison planet. Wish we had learned more. Might have to prod Mysrai some day.
  • Lavinya said:

I saw the title of this and got so excited that He was back....woe. You're such a tease, @Shedrin.

Sorry! I wish he was back too!