[Beta Release] Saracen Combat and Utility System

edited May 2013 in Mechanic's Corner
The Saracen Combat and Utility System now has all the functionality in place to release as a working beta!

Saracen is a fully event-driven UI aimed at being your one-stop system for all your quality of life and information purposes. It houses a scalable Geyser based implementation of several windows and utilities designed to make your life easier in combat and elsewhere.

A tabbed chat window that 'just works' for all your clans and channels without having to mess with any triggers, ever(!), a readout of every item in the room and every player you can see in your area, an afflictions window with timers and a window for your Mudlet mapper make up the major elements of the system GUI as seen here:http://i.imgur.com/7AS0Srv.png

Behind the scenes are some useful automation tools like targetting, bashing, influencing, alerts and a genrunner*, all toggleable via the main interface, as well as things like learning, highlighting certain events in combat, databases of trade skill crafts, automatic purchase of herbs and potions, a powerful framework for queueing that aggressively ensures your action was completed, and much more.

Most of our code will be open and available to review, learn from, and even modify. While Saracen is in beta, it will be available for just 40cr (or 40 dingbats) ingame, or $15 USD via PayPal. Payment details are available on the site where you can check out our current feature list: http://www.pharanyx.com/products/lusternia/

Also included in the beta package is induction into our Saracen Beta support clan, where we will be providing help and support whenever possible, as well as being an avenue for receiving feature requests and bug reports.

If anyone has any questions, requests, or would like to say anything about our system, go ahead and talk about it here!

Thanks.
The Saracen Coding Team

*The Genrunner is coded to be in full compliance with IRE's policy regarding automation.

Comments

• I am leaving this new thread open under the assumption, due to the claimed changes from how it was described to function in the previous thread, that it is not designed to directly violate our game rules regarding automation given it requires certain user input. The code itself has not been reviewed by any of us, though.

Once again, please review help triggers before utilising any automated bashing system, and please report any known instances of the use of fully automated systems via the ISSUE command. The forums aren't a place to have a debate on whether something violates our game rules, as it is more fair to you and any person in question if it is handled via the ISSUE system. You are free to flag forum posts which you believe break our forum rules, however.
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks, Raezon. The code is out in the open at this stage, and I am confident that should there be any issues with how things work, somebody will say something.

However, should the admin wish to see the functions, then by all means. Please contact me on the support address and advise me how best to make the code available to you.

Regards...
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks Raezon. As the code will be open, for potential buyers and interested parties of our system I am sure Draylor or myself would be willing to describe the system in detail and provide code snippets, so anyone can read up on help automation and compare the two so they can make their own judgement. We do this so anyone can feel safe with their decision to purchase - or not - Saracen. If anyone wants to we will take this up in private messages, in-game, or at our support email on the website.
  • Lots of new features have been added. Check out the latest changelog:

-- 10/05/2013

-- Temporary API and documentation email sent to all users.

-- Few additions to the queue system. Most notably the option to now specify non-balance consuming actions

-- Mapper updated. (Make sure to remove your existing mapping package from the package manager).

---- (You should in fact have just the m&m packages and a single Saracen package visible in there).

-- Started work on automatic attack selection for the genbasher.

-- Autostand trigger added to get off your throne.

-- Sample function added to execute an action when we cure a specific affliction. lostAffEvents()

-- Few behind-the-scenes improvements to the user interface.

-- 09/05/2013

-- Added in a temporary fix for the basher to work with 2 handers.

-- Totems wolf scent line added.

-- Shrine echoes added for Hoaracle and Maylea. (Lisaera and Charune to come shortly).

-- Improved shrine echoes.

-- Fixed a derp with the window resize event issue.

-- Many behind the scenes fixes that will be mostly transparent.

-- Referral system introduced.

-- 08/05/2013

-- Added Eversea failsafe trigger for auto-razing.

-- Added lust warning line via oecho().

-- Added earwort highlight for current target: (tmp.target).

-- Fixed window resize bug where the borders were not getting reset.

-- Added music aff highlights for bards.

-- Added scent alias to pass it to the queue (Use 'scc').

-- Removed LuaSocket dependency check. (Surplus now the server is doing this job).

-- -Should- have resolved order channels not showing in the tabbed chat. No way to test. Please let me know.

• edited June 2013
    Just to note, Saracen has seen a few weeks out in the open now and as things stand, barring a few minor exceptions, beta stage will shortly be coming to a close so saracen v.1-stable will be available very soon.

As per the initial announcement, Saracen will now cost 60 credits per system. (Or $25USD). All issues surrounding Saracen are now thankfully resolved and it is seeing a pretty hefty user usage.

Most of the cost for the system comes down to the support network in place. You may download the system directly from my server at any time and enjoy all aspects of having such an option available.

For the stable release, there will be a pretty big improvement to the UI which now has the option to utilise more advanced stylesheet properties, including, but not limited to QRadialGradient and QConicalGradient. (In easy terms, this makes for extremely good looking UI elements).

Should you wish to take full advantage of what Saracen has to offer, please do not hesitate to contact me: saracen at pharanyx.com

Finally, should there be any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,

Marty.
  • http://i.imgur.com/A5BNepE.png

Ignore the system name, but there's a little example.
  • Don't get all excited just yet. This is a fair way off completion at this stage.

Now, this will require you use a custom, unreleased Mudlet version to gain access to these features. i.e. Opting in for this is just that: Completely optional. The system will work just the same either way.

As always, feedback is welcomed!

-marty
  • edited June 2013
    First of all, to all existing users of Saracen, apologies for the delay with the promised release, although as we're about to hit version 1, I wanted to ensure everything was working as intended and that all new functions and features are implemented.

Without further delay!

Changelog:

* Saracen now has the capability to work as a standalone package. Should you have m&m, it will continue to work as always.
    * Theming added. Simply click the label at the top of the user interface to cycle through a set of predefined stylesheets.
    * Auto influencing added. This does not make use of the genrunner. You have to walk manually at this stage.
    * Lots of improvements to the general user interface. While it looks similar, it has undergone a complete rewrite, making it much easier to extend.
    * Failsafe timer functions added. (Command spamming failsafes to use in your own functions).
    * Numerous backend functions added. (Check the core->functions scripts folder).
    * Improvements to the queueing system. (You can now specify whether an action consumes a balance as well as whether it should repeat).
    * Vastly improved room items and player info window. Room items can now be coloured. By default, just mobs are coloured (red).
         You can now toggle between room items and player info window by clicking the window titlebar. Player info currently works off just scent, but
          will colour people depending on ally/enemy status.
    * Fix to the gmcp.Char.Items.Remove handler, taking into account game changes.
    * Improved overall gmcp functionality.
    * Vastly improved warning labels. You can now stack multiple labels which will align neatly. (Works like Growl stacking). http://growl.info/
    * Improved highlighting functions. (Mostly backend work).

Once version 1 is ready for release, I'll start making work on some proper documentation. It'll be in wiki form on the server.

There will be a pre-release tomorrow at some point, so stay tuned for that.

The cost for this new version will remain the same: 60 credits or dingbats. Alternatively, you have the option to pay via Paypal. The cost for this is $25US.

Should there be any questions, please contact me via one of the following methods:

email: saracen at pharanyx.com
    IRC: phasma@freenode

Regards,

Marty.
  • What is the status of this?