Seeking Family

Didn't want to post in the recent spouse-/children-specific threads, didn't want to dig for a better thread to necro, sssooo here we go.

I'm looking to have Phul slowly introduced to some manner of familial ties over the next few days/weeks, as I settle more into his character and his goal set. I have only a few preferences to note, most of which might find themselves bent a bit according to circumstance:

- medium preference to adoption over marriage (sub-preference to male partner) for now
- slight preference to existing families/houses over forming anew via marriage or bloodbond
- big preference to roleplay-centric groups - it's what I do, it's what I liiive for (#ursula)

Note that I will -only- consider ties with factions in/aligned with the Glomdoring. This is in no way negotiable. If you follow a similar line of thinking to this and the above, or just want to test the waters and see if I can somehow fit in according to your own character visions, feel free at any time to strike up a conversation IG and get a feel for the Phul.

More about him:

- mugwump 4eva
- deeply spiritual and ritualistically-inclined; dreamweaver
- CROW, MIGHTY CROW, GLORIOUS CROW
- obvious fanboy zealot seeker of Manteekan
- kind of hated by/nonexistent to Viravain at the moment (great story I'd love to share in time)
A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne

• edited April 2015
    Maligorn said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAS KWEEEEEEEEN.

(ahem. anyways yeah, hit me up.)
    A far away voice whispers, the sound barely reaching your ears, yet the words remain perfectly clear, "Then so be it."
  • (I love you so much it hurts)
  • edited April 2015
    Phul put himself in an interesting position, having thoroughly disgusted Viravain but still (in most ways) considering himself to be the epitome of servitude. As I've told others, it would be a special kind of fun to dip into the devout Viraligned families while being something of a pariah.

However, as I've also told others, that could/would put other people in awkward positions of their own, so it's something I would only pursue with unanimous interest in the Drama To Be.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm sensing an utterly amazing story here :(
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It's definitely not the huge to-do it sounds like, heh. I guess we'll all have to make friends IC for story time! >:D<
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Viravain said:

This image is so appropriate. I mean, look at OTELLS/OTOTELLS:

Viravain: "Feed the soil!"
    Viravain: "Yessss."

Viravain: "Kill! Kill!"

I love it.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited April 2015

Edit: But let's be honest. I'll figure out a way to get it done. If you're interested.

PM me for details about NS, or talk to me IC.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I would like to point out that I have to OK this too, you know. YOU CAN'T JUST WALK ALL OVER ME ASTRAEA. I AM THE NIGHT. NOT THE DOORMAT.
  • I honestly forgot lol.

We can talk about it then!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

I would like to point out that I have to OK this too, you know. YOU CAN'T JUST WALK ALL OVER ME ASTRAEA. I AM THE NIGHT. NOT THE DOORMAT.

There are only two kinds of women: doormats and goddesses. - Pablo Picasso.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Also random note for future reference: I'm totally down with anyone hijacking this thread for their own familial search. Find your people!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

Psh, we all know Astraea is the one that wears the figurative pants in the relationship.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    To be entirely honest, when it comes to kids she does wear the pants. I just show up to adopt them. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    It's how I got in. Twice!
  • I hope it is alright if I use this thread to have questions answered?  I am still debating on joining a currently exoisting family or making my own..
    1) How much does being in different orgs affect family honor?
    2) Does being in different Orders (that may or may not be opposing) have any impact on family status or on the affiliated orders?
    3) Is there room for a new family to potentially rise up in status or is that market pretty saturated?

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    As far as I can remember, you only get honour if you offer A LOT to them, and it doesn't matter if you're in the order or not, really.

New families can rise to Great House, they'll have a hard time of it, the bigger houses tend to be more attractive to people. (Though I've never really wanted to be in a huge family.)

• Thank you. I now have a decision to think on as I had a couple people approach me about joining thier families.  Hopeflly I will have an answer for each by tonight
  • edited June 2015
    So, I am tentatively looking for a silbling, though I could get married if I need to, to start a family. In either case I prefer wildewoods, but will accept other Serens with no problem.
    Forrest is fairly open minded but is looking to start the Strongleaf family....

Edit:I know I'll have to apply to the divine to get that name and stuff.....

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Just a heads up: Wildewoods can't have children, which will be a pretty big hurdle.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Enyalida said:
    Just a heads up: Wildewoods can't have children, which will be a pretty big hurdle.
    Can still adopt? Unless they actually coded it in to where a wilde/wyrdenwood can't even family consider? That would be a pretty weird thing to do.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Nothing wrong with a family based on adoption.

1. Become a wildewood
    2. Marry a wildewood
    3. Adopt wildewood children.
    4. Set family race to wildewood.

edited June 2015
    I know! What I mean is that (last I remember), Wildewood can't use any of the family adoption syntaxes. You're literally not allowed to have children.

EDIT: I'm up to retest with someone, though!
    It looks like that's not currently a thing, huzzah!

However, this might be as a result of the racial overhaul (hopefully not), as other racial features of Wildewoods are currently bugged out.
  • Makaela said:
    Thank you. I now have a decision to think on as I had a couple people approach me about joining thier families.  Hopeflly I will have an answer for each by tonight
    You shouldn't feel rushed. Take your time, and make them fight over you a bit :)
  • @Kalliste I ended up choosing @Tremula and @Portius . Seems most in Glom are actually supportive of that choice.Now if they can just get married XD