Unpeace the Aetherplex

13»

Comments

• PS--I vote if the peaced room is removed, move it to the Inn that @Skye owns.
    [BANNERCODE]
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Talan said:

Should it be allowed? Maybe. It is irksome that people are pretending that is not what this conversation is about though.

We have two pages about meting out justice against the ones of perpetrators of illicit snuggling and figurine carving. Seriously?

Tully called it right when he said "spawn camping." That's valid. The aetherplex is a neutral launch-point for all sorts of activities, for all sorts of players. All sides have benefited, as much as been frustrated by the current setup.
    1) You are implying that those people would continue to camp the plex, and thus it would turn into a warzone. That kind of goes against common sense. No matter how much people would like to dish out justice to the figurine carvers and obnoxious emoters, the reality is it's not going to be all that common because those people will move elsewhere. The plex didn't become a loitering spot for social pariahs until after it was peaced.

2) Not really. What sort of organizational events launch from the plex, and for that matter, what sort of events launch from the plex that can't be launched from elsewhere?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    At the end of the day we can argue and speculate until our faces turn blue. OR we can look at history and apply common sense. If it didn't happen then, it probably won't happen now. All of Seren -could- host an orgy in the unpeaced plex....but that didn't happen before either.
  • I don't care either way. I've seen it how it is now and I remember how it used to be, and I've got to say there is seriously not a big difference.
  • Tully said:
    PS--I vote if the peaced room is removed, move it to the Inn that @Skye owns.
    Assuming he'd acquiesce to potential irremovable houseguests et housepets [or have a means to be rid of them].

As someone who has [had consistently] the combative ability of a melon I've never had any troubles in Aetherplex, not even in the deepest depths of enmity against Glomdoring way back when or standing around watching the old duels [which frankly were interesting to watch]. It's a crossroads market, it should have a slight air of danger to it ready to boil over if someone's being stupid. Makes it all interesting.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• At one point I had dreamed of a peaced Inn, which would become the new Aetherplex. I still think it'd be cool, but I'm pretty okay with things the way they are. Also I fear that without the cause for traffic that the Aetherplex has, the big crowd that a peaced location would attract might significantly shift the mood of the Inn from "relaxed place to meet with people" to a "Hey, baby. I can treat you right" sorta place.

...although I do like the idea of running a misfit haven...
  • The game needs less peaced rooms, not more. We have the PoF, the Havens, that place in the Great Library, and the Aetherplex. That's two peaced rooms too many.
    If it's broken, break it some more.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Even I don't buy the argument that un-peacing the aetherplex will cause mass chaos and griefing. The aetherplex was peaced for one specific reason, for one specific event, when one unique set of circumstances necessitated that it be peaced. It was not peaced because it was a general griefing ground. A novice is more in danger of being randomly attacked and killed during their planar quest than while shopping at the aetherplex.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited February 2013
    The game needs less peaced rooms, not more. We have the PoF, the Havens, that place in the Great Library, and the Aetherplex. That's two peaced rooms too many.
    Which one is the "too many".  PoF is the obvious choice, Great Library is for debates and it's pretty out of the way.  What's the Haven's room peaced for?  (And you forgot Avechna's Peak itself).

Thinking of the Inn, it would be nice, instead of perma-peaced areas, you could temporarily peace a room for short-term specific situations.  There are rituals that can do that, at least supported by what Yojimbo does.  That way, in case specific events like the aetherplex one happen it would be easy to set that up.  (I'm thinking akin to an admin-only sigil).
    [BANNERCODE]
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    I think Havens is peaced so you can't wait there to jump someone just as they get Demigod, and send them back down to halfway through Titan.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I think Havens is peaced because it's meant to be somewhat sacred and you have enough other places to PK.
  • PoF and Havens are where mortals/demigods go after they die. Like Qistrel said, it's so that someone doesn't get re-killed while they're putting up defenses or something.

Great Library has no point. If it's going to be a bloodbath (which Avenger helps prevent, anyway), it's going to be a bloodbath. If it's going to be a peaceful debate, then it's going to be a debate. Go to the PoF if you're so worried.

Aetherplex for all the reasons above.

The Avenger one makes sense, maybe.
  • I've never seen anybody hide out in the forum...

Then again, I've never seen anybody use the forum outside of myself, more for a dinner...

Miska's a sad boyo...
    [BANNERCODE]
  • Frankly, I have no problem seeing the library as a saferoom. It's out of the way, and it won't really allow any abuse that the PoF or Havens does already. It does, however, allow someone to really engorge themselves into the histories and lore of Lusternia, which can be nothing but good.

I would have no problems seeing the Aetherplex unpeaced though.

• If you're not considering unpeacing it, maybe a compromise? MUCKs have a sweep function that pushes idlers to their @home. A similar function would be to push people loitering(not necessarily afking) to their appropriate org portal access or the PoF for rogues. Maybe a person could have a daily quota on how long they can waste in peaced areas?

>You can spend X more minutes in peaced areas today.
    >You've spent too long in peaced areas today.
    >You cannot enter <peaced area> until <whenever>.

Also, peaced area lockout would fit in with the theme of a true disfavour, which is off topic. Also off topic:

Maellio said:
    As someone who has [had consistently] the combative ability of a melon...
    Is that a watermelon or a kouseki melon?
  • Meae said:

If you're not considering unpeacing it, maybe a compromise? MUCKs have a sweep function that pushes idlers to their @home. A similar function would be to push people loitering(not necessarily afking) to their appropriate org portal access or the PoF for rogues. Maybe a person could have a daily quota on how long they can waste in peaced areas?

Also, peaced area lockout would fit in with the theme of a true disfavour, which is off topic. Also off topic:

That would utterly suck, to be honest. You'd be shut off from aethershops once you hit that time limit, which is never a good thing, since that's the most reliable way to get goods. Sure, it might inspire some people to keep their orgshops better stocked, but still...
  • Ssaliss said:
    Meae said:

If you're not considering unpeacing it, maybe a compromise? MUCKs have a sweep function that pushes idlers to their @home. A similar function would be to push people loitering(not necessarily afking) to their appropriate org portal access or the PoF for rogues. Maybe a person could have a daily quota on how long they can waste in peaced areas?

That would utterly suck, to be honest. You'd be shut off from aethershops once you hit that time limit, which is never a good thing, since that's the most reliable way to get goods. Sure, it might inspire some people to keep their orgshops better stocked, but still...
    I meant something along the lines of a few hours. The people prompting this discussion sit there just about all day every day.
  • As someone who returned after the change, I like it. It it nice to be able to show the area to novices without the combat spam.

This entire figurine crybaby issue is too much. Really, someone did something you didn't like, so change the rules? You don't own an image, get over it. This is just a slight step above, "Mommy, he's looking at me, make him stop!"

• It's not just about someone mass-carving figurines of people. It's the general attitude of some people being highly annoying and then hiding in the peaced room.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
     OBLIVIOUSNESS ON!

But yes, it's the general case of people dashing into the plex and being safe from reprisal for... anything.
  • The plex can be unpeaced again. It can still be used as a place to linger and talk, I don't see a problem there.