I win a vengeance gam3

edited May 2015 in Event Scrolls
I don't think Tylwyth has actually won a vengeance game before.Anyway, there are some newbies in Glom, especially makaela I know, who have wanted to pl ay a vengeance game for a bit. So this was nice to do. Normally they bore me, but these were fairly short and kept my interest. 
We played two back to back, so I put both here.....
Players were:@Phelan, @Makaela, @Cornelia, @Ounemma, and @me....
Makaela of the Ravenwood is here. Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow is here. She wields a nature 
talisman in her left hand. Ounemma, Wyrden Sting is here.
There are no obvious exits.

You say, "We are waiting here till phelan starts the game. and he is waiting on a few people."

As she nods slowly in your direction, you realize Ounemma understands.

Cornelia closes her eyes, curls up into a ball and falls asleep.

Midnight shadows coalesce around a new day, and Mother Night embraces the land in utter darkness.
It is now the 21st of Vestian, 412 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Cornelia opens her eyes and stretches languidly, a smile on her face.

You say, "Once we start do VENGEANCE ROLE To see your role and help vengeancgame scroll."

Phelan steps away from the vengeance game.

You have emoted: Tylwyth's eyes flicker as Shadows pass over their pale surface, like crows over snow.

Cornelia sings the praises of Ounemma.

Cornelia stands up and stretches her arms out wide.

You say, "You won't be able to do anything doing the Day phase, but will be able to talk during the Night phase and vote to lynch people you think are traitors."

You say, "Well, ok you might be able to do stuff at day, if you are an assassin."

Ounemma, Wyrden Sting says, "Exciting."
Ounemma stretches languidly.

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Think this is all we'll get."
Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Waiting for Cornelia to wake up."

You say, "Sometimes we invite city folk to play."

Finger extended, Ounemma pokes Cornelia.

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "I am awake."

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "I tried, they're about as awake as we are."

Ounemma, Wyrden Sting says, "Are you STANDing?"

You nod your head emphatically.

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Yes."

You are a covert rebel, determined to bring down Glomdoring from within.
You arrive at the gnarled base of the Master Ravenwood Tree, the most impressive and potent of the nexuses found in the Glomdoring. The ancient tree has seen nations rise to prominence and crumble to dust as the might of the Wyrden Host spread throughout what was once the Basin of Life. Yet as warriors lay down their arms during this era of peace, rebels from the conquered cities and communes still resist the might of Glomdoring. Members of the Nightbringers, those valiant individuals who led the vanguard during the conquest of the Basin, have been found dead in their beds - an obvious rebel tactic to lower morale and sow discord. The Nightbringers have assembled in the Shadow Court to end the treachery once and for all.

It is now day zero.

You wake and slip out into the slumbering forest, determined to exact vengeance on a Nightbringer 
before the sun sets.

(Assassins): You say, "So you can talk on this with vtell <talk>."
(Assassins): You say, "If you are an assasin."

Beneath a moonless, Wyrden sky.
Smooth, black stone forms the summit of the Black Tower, a small crenellated wall running the perimeter of the raised platform. A thick canopy of dark leaves stretches to the mountains in all directions, broken only by the distant seas, their waters as black as the night sky. Rising prominently from the line of trees nearby is the Master Ravenwood, its gnarled branches clutching hungrily at the air; in the distant north, barely visible from the top of the tower, angry shadows 
dance around the thorn-gouged, vine-choked branches of the Moonhart. Above, countless stars twinkle within the night sky, winking in and out of sight as clouds of dark violet and rich mauve roll languidly from horizon to horizon. Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha is here. Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady is here. Dyss Ysav'rai, Night's Fury is here. Master Seregmor Nightshade is here.
?:-vengeance role
You are playing Warden Eliaei Shee-Slaugh (male), and have the role: covert rebel.
 o Your team can attempt to assassinate someone during the day phase.
   VENGEANCE ASSASSINATE <target>
   VTELL <message>
 o You win when your team (covert rebel) outnumbers or equals the remaining players.

It is now halfway through day zero.
?:-  VENGEANCE ASSASSINATE  dyss
You discover Dyss's abode and sneak inside, drawing a heavy cloth from a pocket of your robes.
A unanimous decision has been reached.
(Assassins): You say, "Any other assasins in this game?"

Silent as a shadow, you bend over Dyss's sleeping form and smother him in his sleep.
Ounemma leaves to the ether.

It is now night one.

You stir from sleep as the light of the setting sun finally slips beyond the horizon, relinquishing 
the sky to Mother Night.

You sent the following message to Ounemma: Sorry

Smooth, black stone forms the summit of the Black Tower, a small crenellated wall running the perimeter of the raised platform. A thick canopy of dark leaves stretches to the mountains in all 
directions, broken only by the distant seas, their waters as black as the night sky. Rising prominently from the line of trees nearby is the Master Ravenwood, its gnarled branches clutching hungrily at the air; in the distant north, barely visible from the top of the tower, angry shadows 
dance around the thorn-gouged, vine-choked branches of the Moonhart. Above, countless stars twinkle within the night sky, winking in and out of sight as clouds of dark violet and rich mauve roll languidly from horizon to horizon. Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady is here. Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha is here. Master Seregmor Nightshade is here.

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Alas... poor dys."

Master Seregmor Nightshade says, "It is truly a shame Miara, we must find those responsible."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "We should no lynch for now and allow the eye to work."

The shadows surrounding the distant Moonhart surge violently as the nexus' silvery light continues to dim.

Miserably, you say, "Oh, it is terrrible! I have faled you all."

Miara says nothing, abstaining from passing judgment.
Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "How so Eliaei?"

You say, "I will accept your lynching if you see fit to do so."
You say, "As a warden is not it my job to guard you?"

Seregmor says nothing, abstaining from passing judgment.

You say, "Clearly I have failed."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "It's all our jobs to beat back the rebels."
Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Did we lose more than just Dyss?"

Master Seregmor Nightshade says, "No, Dyss was the only loss."

You say, "Er, no, there just aren't many of us to start with."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Was there not six of us?"

Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha says, "No, just five I think."

You say, "Just the 5."

Comprehension flashes across Miara's face.

It is now halfway through night one.

Tabmili says nothing, abstaining from passing judgment.
Brother Crow gazes down from his perch as the sun rises to the east, the branches around him devoid of fresh corpses.

It is now day one.

Mother Night hides herself beyond the horizon as the searching rays of the sun overwhelm the sky. You settle within the shadows cast by the thick canopy of the ravenwoods, hoping they will veil you from the kiss of death while you slumber. You wake and slip out into the slumbering forest, determined to exact vengeance on a Nightbringer before the sun sets.

You discover Seregmor's abode and sneak inside, drawing a heavy cloth from a pocket of your robes.

Seregmor does not seem to notice you as you slip behind him. You reach around and cut off his air 
with your cloth until his body slumps, the life snuffed from it. Something falls from the head as 
you drop the body, and you recognise it as the circlet of the Eye of Crow.
Cornelia leaves to the ether.

It is now night two.

You stir from sleep as the light of the setting sun finally slips beyond the horizon, relinquishing 
the sky to Mother Night.

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "That is unfortunate."

You say, "Indeed, the Eye we had hoped to reveal the traitors to us is dead."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "There is but one traitor."

You say, "This makes sense, but if you could explain your reasoning I would appreciate it."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "If there was more than one.. the remining loayal one would be dead now as well."

You say, "This makes sense to me. One Traitor it is."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Why hide when it is two against one?"

You say, "I would like to here Tabmili's opinion as well."

You say, "Though I agree with what the Black Lady has said."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "I am sure she would love to share it."

Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha says, "I really have nothing to go on. I was kinda hoping the Eye would 
have spoken up earlier."

The shadows surrounding the distant Moonhart surge violently as the nexus' silvery light continues to dim.

It is now halfway through night two.

Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha says, "But then again that would have been dangerous."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "The eye kind of did itself in..."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "I also believe it softed its innocent."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "In which case you two are the ones who need to plead your cases."

You say, "Or you need to plead your case."

You say, "As you were the one to advise the Eye to incaction."

Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha says, "He has a point."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "I am the softed innocent."

You say, "The what?"

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "He hinted he was the eye."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "And that I was innocent."

You say, "Uh, I remember him hinting he was the Eye, but not anything about an innocent?"

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "His statements were directed to me."

You say, "Let me think back right quick."

Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha says, "He only said two things that I recall."

Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha says, "On was a response to Miara acknowledging that we needed to find those responsible."

You feel that night two will end imminently.

You say, "And the WE in that sentence might have ben a general we."

Tabmili Llaewell, Pack Alpha says, "And the other that Dyss was the only one killed."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "He said far more than those two things."

You say, "Uh, when?"

Brother Crow gazes down from his perch as the sun rises to the east, the branches around him devoid of fresh corpses.

It is now day two.

Mother Night hides herself beyond the horizon as the searching rays of the sun overwhelm the sky. You settle within the shadows cast by the thick canopy of the ravenwoods, hoping they will veil you from the kiss of death while you slumber. You wake and slip out into the slumbering forest, determined to exact vengeance on a Nightbringer before the sun sets.

?:-  VENGEANCE ASSASSINATE tabmili
You discover Tabmili's abode and sneak inside, drawing a heavy cloth from a pocket of your robes.

Silent as a shadow, you bend over Tabmili's sleeping form and smother her in her sleep.

It is now night three.

[ACHIEVEMENT]: You have completed the 'Stab In The Dark' Achievement! You have earned Instant 
Experience.
You have successfully overwhelmed the Nightbringers, and soon Glomdoring will collapse from within. 
Congratulations, filth.
The darkened grove of Vengeance.
A light cover of clouds hides the sky in a sheet of white. A mature rowan tree stands proudly here. 
Casting darkness all around, a shadow totem thrusts up from the ground, chilling the air. Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow is here. She wields a nature talisman in her left hand.
You see a single exit leading northeast.
You receive 1250 gold for winning the vengeance game.
Makaela arrives from the ether.
The rebels have successfully overwhelmed the Nightbringers of the Wyrden Court of Imperial 
Glomdoring and have won the Vengeance game!

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "He totally softed this one."

Makaela grumbles angrily.

Makaela glares angrily at you.

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "She totally suspected you."

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Again?"

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "Buy vote time!"

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "It was actually sort of funny, I figured out who the 
killer was just before I died."

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "Unles you al wish to save the vote till after another round?"

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Vote?"

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Let's do that."
FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Comments

• Thisi s the second game we did, as it wouldn't fit in the first one. In this one I died early on but stayed inteh Grove of Vengeanc, so could hear the game, I editted out the "your hear from within the vegeance game" statement that is put in front their words for space reasons.

You pay the 500 gold entry fee.
    You join the vengeance game.
    Makaela of the Ravenwood is here. Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow is here. She wields a nature 
    talisman in her left hand. Ounemma, Wyrden Sting is here.

Ounemma, Wyrden Sting says, "Yes, she was quite convinced of Maria's innocence."
    Ounemma, Wyrden Sting says, "Rightly, it seems."

The corners of your mouth turn up as you grin mischievously.

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Yes, Miara, I was implying her innocence, because I was the eye and investigated her first."
    Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "What does it mean to soft someone's innocence?"

You say, "Yeah, but you were JUST implying it,."

You say, "No clue."

Ounemma, Wyrden Sting says, "If we are to start, we must begin quickly. I have but a short time remaining."

You say, "Gave me wiggle room."

You are a member of the Nightbringers.
    You arrive at the gnarled base of the Master Ravenwood Tree, the most impressive and potent of the nexuses found in the Glomdoring. The ancient tree has seen nations rise to prominence and crumble to 
    dust as the might of the Wyrden Host spread throughout what was once the Basin of Life. Yet as warriors lay down their arms during this era of peace, rebels from the conquered cities and communes still resist the might of Glomdoring. Members of the Nightbringers, those valiant individuals who led the vanguard during the conquest of the Basin, have been found dead in their beds - an obvious rebel tactic to lower morale and sow discord. The Nightbringers have assembled in the Shadow Court to end the treachery once and for all.

It is now day zero.
    ?:-vengeance role
    You are playing Blooded Kwaray Ysav'rai, Skullsmasher (female), and have the role: Nightbringer.
     o You have no inherent ability.
     o You win when only members of your team (Nightbringer) remain.

You reconvene at the base of the Master Ravenwood as Mother Night embraces the sky with her darkness,noting that no one from the previous night is missing.

It is now night one.

You stir from sleep as the light of the setting sun finally slips beyond the horizon, relinquishing the sky to Mother Night.

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Interesting."

Smooth, black stone forms the summit of the Black Tower, a small crenellated wall running the perimeter of the raised platform. A thick canopy of dark leaves stretches to the mountains in all directions, broken only by the distant seas, their waters as black as the night sky. Rising prominently from the line of trees nearby is the Master Ravenwood, its gnarled branches clutching hungrily at the air; in the distant north, barely visible from the top of the tower, angry shadows dance around the thorn-gouged, vine-choked branches of the Moonhart. Above, countless stars twinkle within the night sky, winking in and out of sight as clouds of dark violet and rich mauve roll languidly from horizon to horizon. Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady is here. Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine is here. Rymiel Wyrmglow, Sage of Shadows is here. Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow is here.

Rymiel tilts his head curiously.
    Rymiel Wyrmglow, Sage of Shadows says, "Hm?"

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Seems the rebel assasin was to busy pleasing itself during the day."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "Interesting indeed"."

Rymiel Wyrmglow, Sage of Shadows says, "That is hardly appropriate. Nightbringers lie dead."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "No nightbringer died."

Rymiel Wyrmglow, Sage of Shadows says, "Not yet."

Rymiel Wyrmglow, Sage of Shadows says, "But it has happened before, and it will happen again. I feel it."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "It's good, it means the eye has more time to find the assassin.""

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "We must give the eye time to continue its investigations."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Any other action would be foolish."

Laesh says nothing, abstaining from passing judgment.

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "I'm inclined to agree, I'm kinda confused but immensely relieved that nobody died."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Llain says nothing, abstaining from passing judgment.

It is now day one.

Mother Night hides herself beyond the horizon as the searching rays of the sun overwhelm the sky. You settle within the shadows cast by the thick canopy of the ravenwoods, hoping they will veil you from the kiss of death while you slumber.
    You wake as something suddenly blocks your nose and mouth, cutting off your air. As the world goes 
    black, you realise you have been smothered to death by a covert rebel.
    The darkened grove of Vengeance.
    A light cover of clouds hides the sky in a sheet of white. A mature rowan tree stands proudly here. 
    Casting darkness all around, a shadow totem thrusts up from the ground, chilling the air.
    You see a single exit leading northeast.

It is now night two.

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, ""It would seem the assassin has made their move"."

Rymiel Wyrmglow, Sage of Shadows says, "It is as I said! Kwaray lies dead!"

Rymiel Wyrmglow, Sage of Shadows says, "We must act, before another life is taken."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "I believe I know who the assassin is"."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "The eye should reveal their reports now."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "I will, I investigated both Laesh and Rymiel, that only leaves Miara doesn't it?""

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "You say you investigated."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "Yes, and they were both innocent.""

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "Plead your case Miara"."
    ?:-
    A large shadow flits across the edge of your vision for a bare instant, vanishing between the trees.

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Burden of proof, how do we know you actually investigated anyone?"

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Are you claiming to be the eye?"

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "No."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Then you are guilty."

Laesh appeals to Brother Crow, declaring that Miara is a traitor to the Wyrd and so must die.

Llain appeals to Brother Crow, declaring that Miara is a traitor to the Wyrd and so must die.

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "You only say that because Laesh claims your innocence."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "You are biased."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Llain."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "I state that as they are the uncounter claimed eye."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "There are only three of us here."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Logic dictates that if you are not claiming eye, and they are claiming it, you must be guilty."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Or they could be lying, and the real eye is keeping quiet to not draw suspicion."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "That would be foolish."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "There are three of us, 1 assain, 1 regular and the eye."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Actually."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "There are four people here."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "No there are 4, 2 innocents, the eye, and the rebel."

Laesh says nothing, abstaining from passing judgment.

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "I forgot to count myself."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Wait."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Still an unclaimed cop with innos on two alive."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Cop?"

Laesh retracts his vote for (?name?).

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "At this point again if the eye does not out they are a fool."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "So are you the eye?"

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "I am the eye"."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "No."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Are you the eye sitting their quietly?"

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Silence will be taken as a no Rymiel."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "Laesh and Rymiel are innocent, I investigated them both the last two nights, the only person left is you, Miara Wyrmglow."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "I have to side with llain."

Laesh appeals to Brother Crow, declaring that Miara is a traitor to the Wyrd and so must die.

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Again, you could just be lying, knowing that at least one of the two would back you up because you said they were innocent."

Dark Regent Laesh Oakvine says, "Again the real eye would be a fool to not counter the claim at this point."

Miara Wyrmglow, the Black Lady says, "Possibly."

Red-eyed Llain Wyrmglow says, "That is true, the real eye would not let a fake eye send an innocent to death unless the real eye had also proven the others to be innocent."

It is now day two.

Llain has suffocated to death in a vengeance game.
    Cornelia arrives from the ether.

It is now night three.

Makaela arrives from the ether.
    The rebels have successfully overwhelmed the Nightbringers of the Wyrden Court of Imperial Glomdoring and have won the Vengeance game!

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "Good bye Miara."

Throwing his hands in the air, Phelan tosses his head back and laughs sadistically.

Makaela's eyes bulge out as she utters a strangled, "Gah!"

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Behold my skills of stalling for time."

"Why?" Cornelia asks with a frown.

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Why didn't she die when she was voted 3 to 1 to be lynched?"

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "I wasn't."

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Two people voted, but then abstained."

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "Ryliam never voted."

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "And one person was asleep."

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "And a 2 to 1 is not enough."

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "Has to be majority + 1."

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Yes, Ryliam's wifi shut of."

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Her wife?"

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "I did not know she was married."

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "Or he, since Rymiel was Ounemma."

Makaela of the Ravenwood says, "This one must go for second.. send me votes on best player."

Makaela leaves to the northeast.

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Votes for best player?"

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "She's making a gold donation to whoever you guys think played the best.
    "
    Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "I'm still trying to calculate a vote, hard to keep track of who was who."

Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Rymiel was Ounemma, I was the eye, uh, Lliam I think it was?"

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "I was Miara."

Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "The second time."
    Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Miara went crazy from her first stay in the village and became an assassin herself."
    Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "I would probably vote for you, you did pretty well against my efforts to throw as much bs around as possible so as to stall for day."

Cornelia blushes furiously.
    Fledgling Cornelia, Shadow of Crow says, "Who do we send our votes to? Makaela?"
    Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "I would assume so."
    Phelan, Wyrden Sting says, "If you have a vote send it to Makaela."

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Why is Dyss always the first one to go :(

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Why is Dyss always the first one to go :(
    In this case, the last time I was an assassin, I picked the first guy I say (when I LOOKed at the room) and got killed by the defender guy, so this time I picked the next one down.