TarxUI

Comments

• If you're interested in adding inventory, rift, or mobs-in-room panels anywhere anywhere lemme know - I've written such things before and probably can (and will, eventually) do so again.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    For those at lower resolutions, you may be interested to know that I cranked my resolution down, created a new profile, installed TarxUI, and it fit and what not.  I had to adjust linewrapping and font size, and things seemed to work okay.  For those of you at the 1368x768 resolutions (my laptop doesn't do that particular one) would you mind awfully much installing it to a blank profile, taking a screenshot, and messaging either a link to said screenshot or the shot itself?
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    An idea if you have the time or ability, for something else to put in: a kirigami / wetfold origami timer.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited March 2014
    Let me see what I can come up with.

Just need to trigger the wetfold release line:

You release a textured beetle origami and it flutters into the air and around you, its wet fold origami charm dissolving into the air around you as the vellum disappears in tiny motes of dust.

demonnic.anitimer:new("Wetfold", {x = 20, y = 25*auranum, height = 20, width = GUI.Box8:get_width()-40, color = "yellow"}, 3600, GUI.Box8, true)
    auranum = auranum + 1

edit:

Yup. It does work. Just have to make the trigger more generic.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam,

I'm using the anitimer for a sort of tapedeck for my bard character, though he's in Celest. I just start a new timer using songstat when I want to update the song duration/playing timer, personally, but the ability to pause and unpause timers is on my list for the animated timer stuff.
  • Is the file on the front post, the lastest version of this? It doesn't seem to capture city and guild chat properly.
    Gotta adjust the chat triggers yourself.  Because I'm too simple to muck with gmcp chat.  And have been to busy to do so.  Go into triggers, TarxUI...something something YATCO and demonnic, and look for triggers that have cities and guild names or something in them.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited December 2014
    Now that I'm back on mudlet, I might look at picking this up and modding it for my needs. I usually play WAY less than fullscreened, unless I'm in the middle of combat, so I'm going to strip out a few elements and try to put a display toggle on the ones I want. 

Thanks for the work, it looks pretty good!
  • For those at lower resolutions, you may be interested to know that I cranked my resolution down, created a new profile, installed TarxUI, and it fit and what not.  I had to adjust linewrapping and font size, and things seemed to work okay.  For those of you at the 1368x768 resolutions (my laptop doesn't do that particular one) would you mind awfully much installing it to a blank profile, taking a screenshot, and messaging either a link to said screenshot or the shot itself?
    I'm not sure if you're still active or working on this, but in case anybody is:

I am, just haven't touched it since I made that post about going to update it, because I fail at online deadlines. I'm going to try to finish what I've got left to do in the coming week. Stay tuned.
    Alpha version of TarxUI's rewrite.  If folks want to mess with it, see if it works, break it, etc, that'd be awesome.  Requires m&m now, because things.  I generally run my client full screen, at 1920x1080, so if people at lesser resolutions/whatever have issues, drop me a link to a screenshot and I'll see what I screwed up.

GMCP chat capture made possible due to the code I stole from Syrennia.

known issues: mobs in room box isn't scrollable. Have to re-write it to be a minisconsole instead of a label. Also looking at making it tabbed, having mobs in room and items in room available as two different tabs. Chat box doesn't resize. Have to poke at that. Bottom right doesn't actually do anything. I have plans. :D
  • I seem to be missing tarxtraxxer.lua ? It gives me an error on the setup and initlizae script that its missing.  But I do see "config.lua"
  • edited May 2015
    Here is what the UI looks like on my 1366 x 768  screen

No problem is you don't want to support that resolution.

Also getting the following Error:

Turns out there are no defaults for the wounds, so until you do WS , it throws errors.

• Did I mention this is awesome?
    So, spent some time today writing this to look right at 1366x768, and to to hopefully scale up to larger resolutions no problem.

Useful commands: 
    • trax on/trax off: turns enemy tracking on/off
    • trax save settings: saves the enemy tracker settings manually.  Also saves when you qq
    • trax config: lets you set what displays in the enemy tracker.  Why see wounds if you're a manakiller?
    • t whatever: sets your target.  Included more to show what you'll need to update your targeting alias with

Known issues:
    • Bottom right box doesn't do anything yet.  That'll be the last thing to implement for 1.0
    • You do need to either save the Traxxer's config via trax settings save or qqing from the game.  Until you do so, it'll throw an error in the error window about not finding a lua file.
    • On higher resolutions, the target tracker isn't quite lined up how I'd like.  Will toy with that to see what can be done there.
    • The width of the chat box has to be manually set to fit what you like.  I find that at 1366x764, the default value I've provided (45) works great.  For 1920x1080, I personally use 63.  This is located in Script > TarxUI > GUI > Box Contents > Tabbed Chat > Tabbed Chat > Configuration - Leave this alone, unless you know what you're doing.  Look for trhe line demonnic.chat.config.width = 45 and change the 45 to whatever you like.  Changes will take effect when you save, close, and re-open the profile
    • You will need to change the client's word wrapping.  What value you use depends on font, font size, etc.  You can do this in mudlet Settings > Main Display > Wrap lines at:

For the people tracker, there's an error that occurs with people from New Celest. You'll need to go into scripts, yourname m&m, ndb, ndb.api and find the line:
    if city == "" or not city then city = false else city = city:lower() end -- known rogues are returned as ""
    Add the following below that line:
    if city=="new celest" then city="newcelest" end

I'll be getting hold of Vadi so he can change that for the general public as well.

That's all I can think of.  Question, comments, criticisms, leave 'em here.

• I've been trying out both UI's in the past couple days. They're pretty slick, and I'm glad you put them out there.

But looks aside, I can't get any of the functionality of .91a to actually -work-. The better looking chatbox doesn't seem interested in actually capturing any of my chat, and since it's GMCP based, I don't even know where to begin with that. Likewise the "Who Here" box. The box works, I can toss echoes to it and all, but it will not, ever, tell me who is in the room, or even output the "People in this room" header. I see the functions for updating WhoNWhat, in the scripts files, but I don't see where they're called, so I can't even try to mangle things while fixing. The "My Wounds" box is likewise perpetually blank. It looks like if I use the "wounds" command, it should update the box with my wounds; it doesn't. TarxTraxxer seems to work, at least in the sense of outputting things to the box, I haven't tested any deeper than that.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but I did a clean install as suggested, and only imported my movement keys until it was clear that things weren't going well. It's a pity, because it's all super shiny!

Everything seems to work fine on the 'old' version (from the OP) (aside from none of the boxes up top doing anything, and me unsure what to do with them), so I might just try to borrow the better looking chat tabs over to that for now.

Appreciate the work you've put in!
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited May 2015
    I don't seem to be able to edit posts, so my mistake will be forever etched into the internets. Somehow I didn't get namedb installed, and it's used for the whohere. Oops. Once I got that figured out, it seems to work charmingly. Wounds tracker uses ws, not wounds (though I'm prolly just gonna repurpose the box anyways), and I reconfigged the chatbox to work off of triggers since that I actually understand. So we're golden.

Edit: Aaand now they give me an edit function. After my 10th post. *shakefist newbiestatus*
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Tarkenton said:
    if city=="new celest" then city="newcelest" end

??
    ...damn. Knew I forgot to do something. Meant to email you about that, people wouldn't color without that change for some reason. Forget who had told me about that in testing.
  • Never had problems highlighting Celestians, would have discovered it ages ago otherwise... or is the issue something else?
    It was getting NDB to spit out colors for Celest people that was the issue. In the room they would highlight fine.
  • So I used this, didn't really want to use it anymore and uninstalled it, now my main screen is the same size as the TarxUI middle, how can I fix this?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Under settings in Mudlet, go to the Main Display tab and you can adjust the top, bottom, and side margins. The box is labelled "Display Border."
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Thanks!
  • Any chance of TarxUI getting merged into m&mf?
    Nope.
  • edited October 2015
    Hello Tarkenton,
    Thanks for all your work ("Good composers borrow, great composers steal." --Igor Stravinsky). I've got questions, if I may.
    I've got m-mf installed (I think correctly) but the UI doesn't put anything in half the boxes. Nothing in people, wounds, and no numbers or graphical updates to the bars. I'm very certain I'm doing something wrong. I just haven't figured out what.
    Thanks in advance.
    edited October 2015
    First question, as always, is gmcp turned on in that profile?  If so, are you seeing anything in the error box?  Of course, now's as good a time as any to go "tada!" and make a new release.  Think I'll do that tomorrow after putting a bit of spit and polish on the new TarxUI.  Here's a screenie for preview purposes.

• edited October 2015
    That was it. How did I not see that? Thanks much!

Oh, and the new one looks nice. Very clean.