Sometimes Siam Says Stuff

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited May 2015 in Event Scrolls
Short log of me speaking with @Niico re: politics. Celina gets a cameo-mention because it's pretty much known in the SDs that Niico looks up to/wants to be like Celina. She's awesome. Glad to be back rp-ing even while busy irl! Few misses here and there with consistency on the use of says, I think? But, I hope you guys enjoy the short read.

--- chambers of Night's Regent - -12:4:-4 ---
Chambers of Night's Regent.
A large, ebony bookshelf has been placed here, the contents obscured from sight with a flowing silken shroud. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. You may use the BOOKSHELF commands here.
You see a single exit leading north (open door).

You quickly wipe the dust from your shoulders.

Niico bows respectfully to you.

You brush your hair vainly.

You say, "Niico. At last I've chanced upon you."

Niico blushes furiously.

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "My waking hours have been odd, I am afraid."

You have emoted: Siam nods briefly.

Tilting his head, you say, "Remind me of our current political stance with the Basin."

Shadows bleed up from the ground and form into a barghest.

You pet a barghest ingratiatingly.

You have emoted: Siam turns from his barghest to fix you with a star-eyed gaze.

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "We are at war with the Wilde, and then we have non aggression pacts with Hallifax and New Celest. We are neutral with Magnagora, treating them with the courtesy they show us, and I am unsure of our stance with Gaudiguch, so I have avoided interacting with them."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips.

Clapping his hands together, you say, "Excellent!"

You open your mouth but say nothing.

Niico tilts his head curiously at you.

Softly, you say, "Explain then why you have attacked a Magnagoran youngling without a history of bad blood with us."

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "He is as young as I, near my might and has easily as much life experience. He participated in defence of Nil, and he is no youngling."

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "Marcella invited me to "attempt and take my vengeance against the Engine" after saying very vividly what she would do to our Mother and to Brother Crow."

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "I am only being so polite as to take her up on her invitation."

You say, "I see."

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "Once I found out he was not as experienced as I would expect in an opponent of my strength, though, I apologised and attempted reparations in the form of gold and knowledge."

You say, "We do not claim dominion over Nil," pursing his lips before continuing to speak, "not yet, that is."

Striding forward to stand beside you, you say, "I see. So, Marcella was the cause of this then."

Without turning to look at you as he continues, you say, "Recite the Liturgy of Patience, Niico."

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "There is a balance of Night and day. Biding Her time, Mother Night waits for Her turn to rule. Utmost patience is an exercised trait."

You have emoted: Siam folds his arms together, one forefinger tapping softly, rhythmically as he stands.

Stopping the finger mid-tap, he turns to observe you, you ask, "Have you demonstrated Patience, Niico?"

Glancing at the ground, Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "Salome already made me write it until my hand felt like it would burst, so I suppose not."

Nodding, you say, "So I hear, yet she is not Night's Chosen. When you speak to me, you speak to the Dark Mother."

Moving fluidly to stand behind you, you say, "Yet I am pleased that you are not wholly ignorant of your fault."

Speaking so close to your nape to make you feel the chill of his presence as he speaks, you say, "Niico. You are a scion of the Night. A tool of the Wyrd," he pauses to let the gravity of his words settle before continuing, "you are not Marcella's puppet."

Anger in his voice, Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "I am not, but neither will I let her say such abominable things about our Mother."

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "She believed me weak, to throw myself against her and her allies and be dashed away like a pale wind, and I have proved her wrong in showing her and her friends the glory of our Mother's gaze."

Shifting his presence to your right, his breath upon your shoulder confirming the King's proximity to you, you say, "Ah, Niico. How I wished you saw the web in its entirety."

You say, "Your passion, as commendable as it is, makes you predictable to our foes."

You ask, "What is our Liturgy to the Predator?"

Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "As the Predator stalks His prey, the Night consumes the day. The drums beat, and the Predator moves. The crow caws, and He strikes. The Predator is patient, and thus we know Him. The Predator is disciplined, and thus we know Him. Like Him, we are - bound together, Wyrden."

You have emoted: Siam withdraws a short distance from you, yet you feel his presence behind your person.

Softly, you say, "Indeed. Discipline and patience."

Softly, you say, "Niico, if you are to rise beyond even the lofty heights that Celina has reached, you must distinguish yourself through discipline."

You say, "It is not weakness to turn aside our foes' mockery of a perceived weakness. We are masters of ourselves. We know our truths from the 'truths' we wish our opponents to see."

Niico creases his brow in a frown.

Shadows swirl around your arm as the Fingerblade of dha'Wyrden-cree digs itself more painfully into your finger.

You say, "Had you not displayed promise, we would not be having this conversation. You would have felt Night's ire through other means..."

Niico's throat moves slightly in a quiet gulp, a faint shiver running down his spine.

Stepping forward and around you to finally stand before you, you say, "We are not slaves to our passions, Niico. Our fervour is a fire, yes, but it is cold. It is cunning."

You say, "Remember the Terror's folly that lead to His capture by the Mother of the Wyrd and the Father of the Night."

You say, "To master our foes, we must first master ourselves."

You stroke an athame dagger tenderly.

Quietly, Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "Then what am I to do, my King?"

Taking his athame out from its sheath as he walks toward you, you say, "If you are to be the Glomdoring's blade, then you must be..."

His form blurring as he strikes toward you, stopping only with his athame hovering over your heart, you say, "You must be precise, Niico."

You say, "You are not the blind foolish hatred that is the Taint."

You say, "Remember that."

Softly, Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "I will, my King."

Turning around, you say, "And what are you to do?" he stops as he considers the question, before answering at last, "that is up to you, Niico. You are wise enough to learn from this," he gazes to his right, clearly keeping you in the periphery of his vision, "and if you have learned from this, show it."

You say, "Night is the refinement of the Darkness That Was in the distant years of the Making."

You say, "She is not blind horror, Niico."

He stops before the door of his chambers, pausing to speak with his hand upon the knob, you say, "Go. Exalted. Show us that you are truly a Shroud within Night's Coven."

You open the reinforced door to the north.

You stroke a barghest tenderly.

Niico bows respectfully to you.

You nod your head emphatically.

guildfavour niico Night's eyes and ears are upon you, Exalted. Serve well
You bestow your guildfavour on Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Stop making me want to go Shadowdancer, Siam.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Tremula said:
    Aren't you a Shadowdancer on a mission in Hallifax already?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Glancing at the ground, Exalted Niico, Shroud of Darkness says, "Salome already made me write it until my hand felt like it would burst, so I suppose not."

Excuse me, you derp, I certainly did not have you write it! We had a meditation on it!
    There goes my brother, exaggerating EVERYTHING. @Niico.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Tremula said:
    Hey I tried to get you. You really should have given the Wyrd more thought. :D
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Salome said:
    Tremula said:
    Hey I tried to get you. You really should have given the Wyrd more thought. :D
    You and Astraea didn't respond, so I had to go to Zitto! What can I say, he really sold Hallifax!

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    PSH, acting like I don't exist.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Astraea?! You didn't ask me?!?!
    edited May 2015
    Salome said her and Astraea wanted to talk to me about Glom, I thought that your daughter and your wife coming was you being, "Yo, I want you but I'm the night and I'm cool so I'm not actually going to come do it."

EDIT: I missed the chance to be on the super-shadey Celina shadow squad. Super salty.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2015
    I had your membership card a complimentary fruit basket ready. So disappointing
    Why wasn't I informed of this, @Tremula?!

#bringShikariback 

The King of the Night is supposed to see all. /o\

edited May 2015
    Not when he's helping with weddings! D:

edit:

although -now- I remember that Salome was working to convert you! ILY OTELLS

#bringShikariback