Brave Frontier Thread

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Totally just set this up to play on my PC. To do so, you just need to download bluestacks

Once you've done that, you open the application, link your google account to it, download brave frontier, and then link brave frontier to your facebook (on you phone and this.) It syncs the data between :D It's a tad laggy, but still awesome.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm really digging that Bluestacks, I'll have to keep trying stuff on it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • And suddenly, there were many! YAY!

@Celina keep those Rigness! Preferrably the Anima/Lord ones. He's so dreamy and cool too!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So, should I be putting together pure element teams and some mixes to take on these early levels?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    So, should I be putting together pure element teams and some mixes to take on these early levels?
    You can. In reality, what makes the game good is not just its immense potential for collecting things a la pokemon, but also its inherently "deep" strategy, which is in some sense gated by RNG paid-for content that they actually give out for free like candy.

To really answer the question, Full-Elemental, or Mixed-Elemental teams with a 65% attack boost leader are ok, but ultimately not great for some of the harder challenges, like Grand Gaia Chronicles, the Trials in Randall (Like Maxwell), and even the Mecha Gods, or getting rare materials for units like Ultor, and they won't score you max points in Frontier Hunter. But those teams are good enough for day-to-day quest/vortex gate farming
    @Sidd

Really, it all depends on your playstyle. I don't personally use only one color because I'm sort of a hoarder and collect every one I can. Further, the elements aren't really known for one sort of skill/protection over another, so you can almost mix and match however you want to get an optimal team. Some find it easier to stick to one color for seals/crystals/element buffs, but not me.

Every now and then, the game will have arena-styls tournaments where your team had to be all of one color, so it's not a bad idea to keep some of each on hand and leveled nicely.

It's monday, make sure you get your metal key from the capital!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There are also units that can add elements to your attacks. They can help diversify your army to some degree.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Shaddus said:
    I keep getting these damn alchemists
    DO YOU MEAN RIGNESS?! I've been trying to get one. Rigness is like the Shadowdancer Healer Princess of Darkness Celina in Brave Frontier. Heals a ton. Laughs at status afflictions. Damages well, too. :(

Also guys, you can refer to the Brave Frontier Long Term Unit Tier List.
    I really like that chart, but I'm surprised Rowgen isn't ranked higher. He carried me through 75% of the game.
    I guess it's because his SBB is single target instead of an AoE. AoEs are the bomb when it comes to BC generation. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Is there any way to trade these things? I seriously have 3 of this Rigness fellow. 
    Celina said:
    Is there any way to trade these things? I seriously have 3 of this Rigness fellow. 
    No, afraid not. We keep asking for it, but BF won't allow it. Your best bet is just to work on one of them and fuse the rest once you have your main to 6*.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Celina, nope. If you have an Anima use that. Animas(units with hp bonuses) tend to be the best unit type(except for a few damage oriented units here and there). Rigness is amazing! Keep using. Atm, he's one of the best healers/status null/clear+multi-elemental damage on top of that buff.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Got my first 6* with God Emperor Orwen.

I'm missing the 1/2 energy vortex dungeons but I'm loving this level up campaign

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Half energy vortex was the best. Very rapid leveling. I'm trying to farm up the other units I need to fuse the bevy of four stars I have into their six form. Hopefully Cuda remains a hunky piece of man candy.
    Make sure you use your honour summons right now! The super honour summon is an amazing way to level up your mobs.
    Frontier Hunter is up, make sure you look into that as well. It's a decent way to get gems and burst frogs, which you should be saving for your 6 stars.
    edited May 2015
    Tarkenton said:
    Half energy vortex was the best. Very rapid leveling. I'm trying to farm up the other units I need to fuse the bevy of four stars I have into their six form. Hopefully Cuda remains a hunky piece of man candy.
    If you mean Kuda, he's always pretty sexy. He's also a closet Nekotai.

I only have 1 5 star, which is Claire. The good news is she's a beast, and on the "god tier" on that spreadsheet. 

I still have a pile of Rignesses.
    edited May 2015
    If you want, list what else you have and we can all weigh in and offer opinions.

Celina said:
    I only have 1 5 star, which is Claire. The good news is she's a beast, and on the "god tier" on that spreadsheet. 

I still have a pile of Rignesses.
    http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Magma_Twin-Pike_Claire
    My units...

5*
    Claire

4*
    Ciara
    Rigness
    Zergel
    Narza
    Raydn

3*
    AIsha

2*
    Lance
    6* - Orwen

5* - Ulkina
    Bonnie
    Rickel

4* - Michelle
    Elimo
    Phee
    Bargus
    Remuihl
    Zergel

Unfortunately, I'm not high enough level to roll around with my max guys, so I've been running with Orwen, Bonnie, Elimo, Zergel and Bargus lately. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited May 2015
    I'm a bit jealous of Celina's Claire, she looks awesome. My best unit according to that sheet is the unreleased Elimo 7* and Ulkina

Edit - apparently I quoted myself instead of editting, awkward

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I've just 6*'d Quaid and 5'd the others after a day grinding for a light idol. The cost limit is a pain.

I didn't mean to get hooked by this.
    Celina said:

My units...

5*
    Claire

4*
    Ciara
    Rigness
    Zergel
    Narza
    Raydn

3*
    AIsha

2*
    Lance
    Ciara is a real killer in the arena when she's maxed out. Zergel is a good leader, Narza gets a lot of raves as damage mitigation. Raydn is kinda meh. Max out Lance asap, he's got a 7*.
    Synkarin said:

6* - Orwen

5* - Ulkina
    Bonnie
    Rickel

4* - Michelle
    Elimo
    Phee
    Bargus
    Remuihl
    Zergel

Unfortunately, I'm not high enough level to roll around with my max guys, so I've been running with Orwen, Bonnie, Elimo, Zergel and Bargus lately. 
    Elimo seems to get decent play, and Ulkina gets a lot of play due to her BB and SBB. I just pulled a Bonnie myself, and she's sort of meh. Zergel is good, Michele is decent especially being able to turn your attacks Fire
    edited May 2015
    So, I threw a few dollars at gems when the game offered me thirty percent off, did some summons.  Running around with a few different teams depending on the quest but I'm sure whatever I use can be optimized more.  Here's zee list.

5*
    Lance
    Diana
    Kuda (Anima, woo!)
    Rowgen

4*
    Rickel
    Copra
    Raydn
    Kuhla
    Belfura
    Il & Mina
    Luly
    Tia
    Elmedia
    Zegar
    Homusubi
    Vanberk
    Lodin
    Orna
    Yujeh
    All of your current 5* are viable, especially Diana as a leader, and Rowgen (the Boss Killer). Zegar is trash, Vanberk and Orna are keepers. No real opinion about the rest.
    I figured Zegar was garbage since he was a drop, I just looked his look.
    Mother Loving Arena AI.
    They just added a way to do achievements ingame, check it out in the administration building in the capital.

For those of us who have been playing for a while, the game now has a way to farm Legend Stones, imps, and frogs of all kinds.
    Decided to try the arena today

First match was a guy at lvl 75, record of 92-1. Felt for sure I was going to start out 0-1. Ended up rocking his socks off, and now I'm 4-0. Woooo

They also got some money out of me so now I have a bevy of champions to play with, any advice on teams would be great.

6* - Orwen

5* - Ulkina, Arus, Elimo, Rickel, Quaid, Diana, Bonnie

4* - Aisha, Michele, Homusubi, Vishra, Darvanshel, Phee, Golem, Rashil, Uda, Bargus, Remuihl, Lebra, Sodis, Eva, Aurelia, Carrol, Duel-GX, Lunaris, 

I've been using Quaid as leader w/ Orwen, Zergel, Bonnie, Elimo for the multi-element bonus. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.