Is there a plugin for chats in Mushclient?

Um, basically the title as a question. I keep missing a lot of things that aren't tells when I'm hunting and walking. The chat window like on the website? I'm using Mushclient.

Best Answer

Answers

• edited May 2015
    Nothing to see here, misread and thought it was mudlet >_>
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Not sure if this is out of date, but it might help.
  • I did try that one before making the thread, but it  doesn't seem to work. The chat world isn't created and it doesn't capture anything :(
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Best you can do is probably contact Iasmos or Ethelon as they were the main Mushclient coders around.  Most people playing these days are on Mudlet as that's where the publicly available and most widely-used system lives.  Neither are particularly active right now, though.  I had waited a bit in hopes that someone would be able to help, but given a lack of other Mushclienters, not sure there's a better avenue than message-and-pray.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Maybe @Akyaevin can point you in the right direction?

• I'm afraid I don't have anything. The system I use comes with one built-in that I don't feel comfortable redistributing (and it would be a bit of a job to dig it out), and I don't have access to my old computer to search for any predating that.

Perhaps look on the other IRE forums, particularly Achaea? Anything from them should only require minimal modification to work with Lusternia (mainly allowing for off-plane chats). 
  • I've tried looking on the Achaea forums, and it seems they use Mudlet, HTML5 and Zmud, but not Mushcliet, so I wasn't able to find anything. Would it help if I offered an incentive for someone to program a chat window/module for me? 5-10 credits? I can try to raise the gold to buy the credits in hopefully a short enough time. If someone could make a workable plugin of http://mushclient.com/forum/?id=7991, even that would help immensely.
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks to everyone who helped out, in particular @Enyalida and @Ayisdra. I managed to get the chat window to work with using matching triggers from the gammon forums and the code that @Ayisdra linked.

If anyone is in need of a chat window plugin that will work for Lusternia, I'm attaching it to this thread. Just save as an xml, and add it as a plugin.

Again, thank you very much, I think I won't be so lost anymore!