Tweets VI: The Tweetsixteenth

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Don't make me flag your post for trolling.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Never mind, Munsia is way older than Shaddus
    Tremula said:
    I don't know how Shaddus had time to  help Carakhan fund her dream business (hint - it's a seaweed wrap place, only 6/10, no parking and need gills).
    If you buy the yearly membership, we provide air tanks and Roberto the Clam is a valet.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ever wonder who named that clam, and why Roberto?

• Don't forget he was just given VA in Glom too, Trem.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    So it turns out that Magnagora is unbelievably metal. Hat off to whoever wrote it. Especially that bridge of bodies.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Portius said:
    So it turns out that Magnagora is unbelievably metal. Hat off to whoever wrote it. Especially that bridge of bodies.
    That bridge. The ambient messages make me cringe every time.

• Off hour raiding is interesting. And by interesting, I mean really annoying. Yet, all arguments aside it keeps me in practice. Amirite @Tarkenton? The game is afoot!

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Qistrel said:
    Portius said:
    That bridge. The ambient messages make me cringe every time.
    Was fun helping build that
  • I want to learn combat! But I keep getting to things late.. or in this case Highly Neurotic >.>  Then when I was told to stay safe Got drunk for Blood Faire games.  
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Salome said:

Off hour raiding is interesting. And by interesting, I mean really annoying. Yet, all arguments aside it keeps me in practice. Amirite @Tarkenton? The game is afoot!

We'll get them next time. And if I'm online, it's not offpeak as far as I'm concerned. Besides, it's not like we haven't done it to them. Like the time I started killing their stuff on prime, and Hallifax came to deal with me.

Granted, I was fairly frustrated since I'm no where close to as good with EG as I am with Nekotai. But that's on me to get better.
  • I wonder what it'd be like to play a merian/elfen in Magnagora. I know they're banned from drawing power, but could you have interesting rp? Or would you only be told to reincarnate nonstop?
    I'd use your corpse to make artisan wares.
    Well, considering that an elfen wearing a racehat was constantly told to reincarnate non stop, I'm pretty sure that you will get the same.

• Magnagoran 'racism' is intense but it is not without cause.

Our gods were betrayed and we don't play well with the races that came out of their betrayers. So it's not like boo-hoo we don't like merians. It's like the fact that merians exist is an affront to our pantheon and everything we stand for.

So yes, people will lose their shit if you show up being one of those races.

• I'm not planning to go merian at all, quite happy to be viscanti!

Llandros said:
    Magnagoran 'racism' is intense but it is not without cause.

Our gods were betrayed and we don't play well with the races that came out of their betrayers. So it's not like boo-hoo we don't like merians. It's like the fact that merians exist is an affront to our pantheon and everything we stand for.

So yes, people will lose their shit if you show up being one of those races.
    Actually...wow...that's the first time someone explained it to me in a way that didn't sound like 'Fain threw a hissy fit.'

Why don't people tell me stuff like this in-game?

Because reading the histories would have told you the same thing? :P
    edited May 2015
    I never thought of it from that perspective before. It always seemed like Fain going 'Haha! I told your ancestor I would get you back for your role in Lisaera betraying me, and NOW I HAVE HAHAHAHAHA.'

PS This is why you need to endevour to understand both sides of the eternal Lusternian conflict, whether it be Celest vs Mag, or Seren vs Glom, or Halli vs Gaudi.

• Hmmm as far as I knew Fain was one of the 12 Traitor Gods... Lisaera refusing to turn traitor with him is arguably not her betraying him

IMO based onwhat little I found on it... It is Fain throwing a hissy fit.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Well actually...she didn't refuse to turn traitor with Him. She pretended to and acted as a spy. Very literally, she betrayed his confidance and trust as his mate by setting him up. I'd be pretty eternally pissed if my husband pretended to support me while secretly brought me down and condemned me to the void. ;)

• well stil a case of the kettle meeting the pot.
    edited May 2015
    And it was all the fault of that meddling Elfenohoala and her little friend Meridian.

There are thirteen statues in the Silent Cathedral.

-wonders if she should offer her secret Lisaera mask to Serenwilde attendees or if that would get her maggoted again-

-wonders if Manteekan will zap her if her mask of Him is wrong-

Makaela said:

Hmmm as far as I knew Fain was one of the 12 Traitor Gods... Lisaera refusing to turn traitor with him is arguably not her betraying him

IMO based onwhat little I found on it... It is Fain throwing a hissy fit.

You should probably approach Shaddus ingame and ask about this.

You can also read this.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Psh. My book was better.
  • Currently to be honest I only stumbled on te tiny bit I know while trying to research three topics I an trying to write on.  After I have completed 1 or 2 of my current research projects I might b interested in learning more about this.    I pretty much am just not taking notes on things that don't relate enough to what I am looking for. 1 project is for a contest, 1 for Guild and 1 as I had asked for a subject to write on for my guild and after I got it I could not turn down the request from the Order im in the outer circle of to write about.  The Guild and Order ones are mostly related in a sense so I expect there to be overlap in my research.
This discussion has been closed.